Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 02 Aug 2006 20:37

papereyes A-mou-gou-gou-gou
Shake pineapple, push the tree

:D
ALOL

we have to sign him just for that alone!!

dogmark01

by dogmark01 » 02 Aug 2006 22:02

dunno why but i nearly choked laughing at that :lol:

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 03 Aug 2006 10:56

Blue Hooped Moose

What about as an alternative, although along the same lines -

'Amagou-gou-gou, come on and do the conga' !!!

Just an idea.

We'll give it a go at the game against Gallstads tonight if he plays.

rfc_prem2006

by rfc_prem2006 » 03 Aug 2006 11:35

Just saw on the blue ticker on SSN that Reading have confirmed that Stephane Bikey whatever his name is, is on trial on their Sweden tour.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 03 Aug 2006 12:14

Confirmed in the evening post

Reading are running the rule over Cameroon international defender Andre Stephane Bikey.

The 21-year-old Lokomotiv Moscow centre-back was due to meet up with the Royals squad at their Kungsbacka base last night.

And manager Steve Coppell is hoping to give him a run-out either tonight against Gallstads FK (kick off 6pm BST) or on Saturday against Lanna GoIF.

Advertisementyour story continues below
However, I understand any hope Reading had of landing top target John Mensah from French club Rennes is now all but dead.

Coppell told the Evening Post: “He (Bikey) is just one of many centre-backs we are looking at and, depending on what shape he is in, he could play tonight.

“To be honest we have gone down a few blind alleys concerning possible transfers in recent days and we have suffered a couple of knock-backs at the ninth or 10th hour.

“But Sam Sodje is making good progress from his injury. He trained yesterday and he might have a chance of playing 45 minutes tonight. I have always said if I have to go into the season with what we’ve got now I won.t be too disappointed."

Bikey, who was in the Cameroon team that reached the quarter-finals of the African Nations Cup in January this year, is currently under contract to his Russian club, but has been told he can leave for a free.

Lokomotiv coach Slavoljub Muslin said: “I hope he finds a new team. He is a good player. He just doesn’t fit into our team.â€

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 03 Aug 2006 12:14

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1802_1382294,00.html

Royals eye Bikey as Mensah hopes fade

Reading are giving a trial to Andre Stephane Bikey on their pre-season tour of Sweden, but their hopes of signing John Mensah are receding.

The Royals are eager to strengthen their defence before the Premiership season begins in 16 days' time, and Lokomotiv Moscow centre-back Bikey is one of several targets.

He could even play in Thursday's friendly against Gallstad, if he impresses manager Steve Coppell in training.

Coppell told the Reading Evening Post: "Bikey is just one of many centre-backs we are looking at.

"To be honest, we have gone down a few blind alleys concerning possible transfers in recent days and we have suffered a couple of knock-backs at the ninth or 10th hour."

With Reading reported to have made a £3.5million bid for Rennes defender Mensah, hopes were high that Coppell was on the brink of a major signing.

But he admitted: "We are not in a position to start the ball rolling. We depend on others and and are waiting for the fall-out on other deals."

Whether Rennes signing Mario Melchiot impacts on the Mensah deal remains to be seen, the former Chelsea and Birmingham defender having joined on a one-year deal this week.

But for now the focus is on Bikey, who played for Cameroon as they reached the African Nations Cup quarter-finals at the start of the year.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 03 Aug 2006 12:16

I fcukin hate bikeys.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Aug 2006 12:17

There's still no concrete quotes to confirm that the Mensah transfer is nearly dead, the one in the article southbank posted is a recycled quote.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 03 Aug 2006 12:24

These concrete quotes seem to suggest that the Mensha deal is still alive - source is the Chronicle - I like the fact that he wants to join

READING are putting pressure on Rennes to sell John Mensah after making a club-record £3.5 million bid.The Chronicle can reveal that talks with the French Ligue One club are on-going and the Royals remain confident of landing the Ghana international before the Premiership transfer deadline on August 31.

However, they face competition from both Monaco and Sheffield United who have also been linked with the 23-year-old central defender.

It is believed Mensah wants to join the Royals but Rennes are holding out for the highest possible bid as they prepare for the start of the French League season this Saturday.

Reading's director of football, Nicky Hammond confirmed: "We've been working very, very hard on John Mensah but nothing is imminent.

"There's a degree of frustration with that but we are continuing to push discussions forward, although it's not that easy.

"Good players are hard to come by and their clubs don't want to lose them, even if the player himself is keen to come.

"But we've still got three weeks until the transfer deadline and we'll be working extremely hard to add to the squad before then."
The capture of Mensah would smash Reading's transfer record set last month with the £1.5 million capture of South Korean international Seol HiKyeon from Wolves.
Coppell has also bolstered the central defensive area by landing Sam Sodje from Brentford for £500,000.
But Mensah has been the prime target for many months and his reputation was bolstered by his impressive World Cup performances for Ghana who were the only African team to reach the last 16.

He joined Rennes from Italian side Chievo in January and soon earned himself a three-year deal at the Stade de la Route de Lorient.

He was in the Ghana team that finished runners-up at the 2001 FIFA World Youth Championships and has also had spells with Genoa, Modena and Cremonese.

The Royals are also set to hand a trial to Lokomotiv Moscow defender Andre Stephane Bikey.

The Chronicle has learnt that the 21-year-old Cameroon player will join up with Coppell's squad during their week-long tour of Sweden.

The powerfully-built Bikey is likely to be involved in at least one of the three friendly matches Royals have lined up against Gallstads FK tonight (Thursday, 7pm), Lanna GoIF on Saturday (4pm) and Orgyte IS next Tuesday (7pm).

Meanwhile, the Royals will not be following-up their interest in Sunderland's highlyrated Dean Whitehead.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 03 Aug 2006 12:38

It can only be a good thing that we've got this bloke on trial.
He's a 21 year old centre back, may have even had champions league experiance from Locomotiv Moskow?

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 03 Aug 2006 12:50

Penguin

by Penguin » 03 Aug 2006 13:12

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 03 Aug 2006 14:38

Squelchy2507
Blue Hooped Moose

What about as an alternative, although along the same lines -

'Amagou-gou-gou, come on and do the conga' !!!

Just an idea.

We'll give it a go at the game against Gallstads tonight if he plays.

"Amagou-gou, he's not from D R Congo
Amagou-gou, he come's from Cameroon"

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Aug 2006 15:18

B I K E Y
he's B I K E Y
He knows he is, he's sure he is
He's B I K E Y

:roll:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 05 Aug 2006 09:43

I hope we don't sign the fella for no other reason than the absolute twat I used to sit in front of in Y19 will, at every opportunity to criticise, shout "on your bike Bikey" and then chuckle loudly to himself. This will happen week in week out because no-one has the heart to tell him he's not funny.

Even though I have secured a move to the North Stand I will still feel him saying it every time the guy makes the smallest error. I am scarred.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 05 Aug 2006 10:52

That Friday Feeling I hope we don't sign the fella for no other reason than the absolute twat I used to sit in front of in Y19 will, at every opportunity to criticise, shout "on your bike Bikey" and then chuckle loudly to himself. This will happen week in week out because no-one has the heart to tell him he's not funny.

Even though I have secured a move to the North Stand I will still feel him saying it every time the guy makes the smallest error. I am scarred.

The only good thing about Y19 is Frog Man.

Oftentimes can you hark his rumbling tones crying "Come on you Royals".

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 06 Aug 2006 08:31

Is it pronounced BIKEY or is it pronounced BEAKEY ??

I hope the latter, then if we sign him we have a ready made song - altogether now

The bravest animals in the land
Are Captain Beakey and his band....