Andre Bikey

147 posts
wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 10 Aug 2006 11:22

Gordons Cumming
wehateoxford when you see stuff like zidanes headbutt at the WC or shevchenkos headbutt in the champs league 2 seasons ago, one in a friendly doesnt seem that bad....

A headbutts a headbutt no matter where it's commited.

agreed, i was saying more that a lot of good players have discipline problems but there talent outweighs it, Coppells clearly got a dillema on his hands because he thinks bikey has talent

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Aug 2006 11:23

Binfield Royal Looks like he's been told he's not suitable

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 778613.stm

Cameroon trialist Andre Bikey has been sent back to Lokomotiv Moscow after being dismissed for butting an opponent in a pre-season friendly. (Daily Star)

Just lazy journalism - he was going back to Moscow after the Sweden tour finished regardless.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 10 Aug 2006 11:24

Binfield Royal Looks like he's been told he's not suitable

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 778613.stm

Cameroon trialist Andre Bikey has been sent back to Lokomotiv Moscow after being dismissed for butting an opponent in a pre-season friendly. (Daily Star)

Bullshit, he was going back to Russia yesterday either way. That was the trial period. It says as much here Readingfc.co.uk

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 10 Aug 2006 11:27

ferret I was sitting in the stands and i saw him do it , it was nasty and to this day i have no idea how he got away with it.

I was at Ashton Gate on the day of the alleged offence and i think you are a lot confused between someone falling on top of someone by accident and someone stamping on someone. Easy mistake to make I guess being that a fall looks like a stamp :lol: :lol:

moox

by moox » 10 Aug 2006 12:21

now i know everyone says this but....

...i've heard from a source at the club, and no i'm not going to name names, that we are hoping to sign Bikey and have been after him for a while. Make of that what you will.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 12:36

SpaceCruiser Are you agreeing with me or not?

haven't decided yet.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 12:38

moox now i know everyone says this but....

...i've heard from a source at the club, and no i'm not going to name names, that we are hoping to sign Bikey and have been after him for a while. Make of that what you will.

yes everyone does say this, and new members that do it tend to be talking out of their arse. no offence meant, but I'll believe it when I see it.

moox

by moox » 10 Aug 2006 13:27

none taken

russyb

by russyb » 10 Aug 2006 14:45

i honestly think if we do sign him his mentality can be changed to the way we do things at reading and may be a worthwhile signing certainly as cover for two or three positions.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Aug 2006 15:41

We really could do with another centre-back and centre-mid so if he has the talent, sign him, as he can play in both positions. If we avoid the bottom 3 untill x-mas, we have a better chance of getting some quality players in then. But for now it looks as though we will have to trust what we have.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 10 Aug 2006 18:40

ferret And how about good ol Ricky Newman he ended that Bristol Citys Player's career by stamping on his leg(to this day the worst tackle i have ever seen at a game) but he still played for us for 3 seasons.

he cleared the ball for a throw in and the other guy's ankle got caught. you don't think it slightly surprising that nobody else at all, such as the players or fans of Bristol City, or the TV guys filming it (it wasn't exactly "off the ball") ever made any suggestion that it was a stamp?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 19:15

Ian Royal
SpaceCruiser Are you agreeing with me or not?

haven't decided yet.

I've decided now. Spacey you are right.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 10 Aug 2006 20:25

Having just watched Sweden Tour highlights on Reading World. What Bikey did was hardly anything. Seems over-reaction all round!

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 11 Aug 2006 10:03

now looks like we're going to try and get him in on loan

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 11 Aug 2006 10:03

Only one Trevor Morley now looks like we're going to try and get him in on loan
Source?

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 11 Aug 2006 10:04

Bikey may get a second chance
Reading are still keen to land trialist Andre Bikey despite his red-card shame – but they will now only consider taking him on loan.

The Cameroon international impressed during Royals’ tour of Sweden before letting himself down in the final game against Orgryte when he was dismissed for head-butting an opponent.

Bikey, aged 21, has a questionable disciplinary record. In just 25 matches with his last two clubs in Russia, he was sent off once and received 12 yellow cards.

Advertisementyour story continues below
But despite the risk, Coppell remains interested, having been impressed with Bikey’s ability and his versatility. The trialist played at centre-back, right-back and centre midfield during Reading’s three matches in Sweden.

Royals, though, have no intention of accepting Lokomotiv Moscow’s initial valuation of £1.3million and are now looking at trying to negotiate a loan deal.

Coppell told the Evening Post: “Bikey was very, very disappointed about his dismissal – and he should be. In the circumstances he had a great opportunity, which to a certain extent was wasted, but I would still like to pursue something.

“We want to lower the risk, though. Any transfer is a gamble, but you want to limit that gamble so we might consider a loan. I don’t know if Lokomotiv would be receptive to that, so we have to see if there is any mileage in that.â€

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 Aug 2006 10:27

ferret And how about good ol Ricky Newman he ended that Bristol Citys Player's career by stamping on his leg(to this day the worst tackle i have ever seen at a game) but he still played for us for 3 seasons.

he cleared the ball for a throw in and the other guy's ankle got caught. you don't think it slightly surprising that nobody else at all, such as the players or fans of Bristol City, or the TV guys filming it (it wasn't exactly "off the ball") ever made any suggestion that it was a stamp?

If it was the one I was thinking off it happend in the penalty box infront of the away end at Ashton Gate.. We lost 3 - 0 from what i remeber

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 11 Aug 2006 10:35

Must admit, having seen the Reading World Sweden tour highlights Bikey could have gone before he was eventually sent off. Having been bundled off the ball he did appear to kick out in the direction of the other guy and had he been nearer could have caught him fully in the face. Guess it went on from there. Shame because I thought he looked a good player with his distribution particularly good.

HereWeCome

by HereWeCome » 11 Aug 2006 10:49

Coppell going to pursue Bikey on a loan deal. On OS now

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Aug 2006 10:59

bigmike

If it was the one I was thinking off it happend in the penalty box infront of the away end at Ashton Gate.. We lost 3 - 0 from what i remeber

We lost 4-0.

Only a few moronic Bristol City fans came on here claiming it was a stamp and demanding that we sack Ricky Newman. :roll:

Presumably ferret remembered this and agreed with them. :roll:

147 posts