Andre Bikey

147 posts
bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 Aug 2006 11:50

SpaceCruiser
bigmike
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
ferret And how about good ol Ricky Newman he ended that Bristol Citys Player's career by stamping on his leg(to this day the worst tackle i have ever seen at a game) but he still played for us for 3 seasons.

he cleared the ball for a throw in and the other guy's ankle got caught. you don't think it slightly surprising that nobody else at all, such as the players or fans of Bristol City, or the TV guys filming it (it wasn't exactly "off the ball") ever made any suggestion that it was a stamp?

If it was the one I was thinking off it happend in the penalty box infront of the away end at Ashton Gate.. We lost 3 - 0 from what i remeber

We lost 4-0.

Only a few moronic Bristol City fans came on here claiming it was a stamp and demanding that we sack Ricky Newman. :roll:

Presumably ferret remembered this and agreed with them. :roll:

I must have missed the last goal as I probably fell asleep either that or looking for the back to the seat. Horrible uncomfortable ground.
seem to remember that we were shocking. we were always bad against Bristol City tho .

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 11 Aug 2006 12:18

SpaceCruiser
bigmike
ferret And how about good ol Ricky Newman he ended that Bristol Citys Player's career by stamping on his leg(to this day the worst tackle i have ever seen at a game) but he still played for us for 3 seasons.

he cleared the ball for a throw in and the other guy's ankle got caught. you don't think it slightly surprising that nobody else at all, such as the players or fans of Bristol City, or the TV guys filming it (it wasn't exactly "off the ball") ever made any suggestion that it was a stamp?

If it was the one I was thinking off it happend in the penalty box infront of the away end at Ashton Gate.. We lost 3 - 0 from what i remeber

We lost 4-0.

Only a few moronic Bristol City fans came on here claiming it was a stamp and demanding that we sack Ricky Newman. :roll:

Danger of going off topic Spacey (unusual for you, I know). Please will you shut up about Ricky Newman!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Aug 2006 12:36

Says on the official site we're interested in signing him on loan for the season. Smart move if you ask me.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Aug 2006 12:38

The EP must be upset Coppell hasn't told him to sling his hook yet as they've got a fantastic "On Your Bikey" headline just waiting to be printed.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Aug 2006 12:42

Jaques Francais
SpaceCruiser
bigmike

We lost 4-0.

Danger of going off topic Spacey (unusual for you, I know). Please will you shut up about Ricky Newman!

Not my fault, ferret started it! ;)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Aug 2006 12:46

Royalee Says on the official site we're interested in signing him on loan for the season. Smart move if you ask me.

If we get with a view to buy I'd certainly agree sounds like a good solution for everyone. Off Moscows wages and in the premiership shop window.

ferret

by ferret » 11 Aug 2006 13:31

SpaceCruiser
Jaques Francais
SpaceCruiser
bigmike

We lost 4-0.

Yes i did but its who whose gone on and on about it :wink:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 Aug 2006 14:53

ferret
SpaceCruiser
Jaques Francais
SpaceCruiser
bigmike

We lost 4-0.

Yes i did but its who whose gone on and on about it :wink:

You just wont let it drop will you :lol: :lol:

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 12 Aug 2006 09:28

Probably the most obvious candidate for a season-loan anywhere in Europe. Lokomotiv still have three years to cash in on at the end of the season. He's going to need a bigger gun if the things he has been saying about the place get circulated back home.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 16 Aug 2006 22:17

Reading boss Steve Coppell is ready to take a gamble on Cameroon midfielder Andre Bikey, despite reservations over his temperament.

The midfielder made a positive impression on Coppell during a trial, but blotted his copybook when being sent off in the friendly with Orgryte.

Coppell is unsure over whether Bikey has the temperament to handle life in The Premiership, but may look to push through a loan deal if his club Lokomitiv Moscow consent to such a deal.

"He's a very good player and very, very competitive," said Coppell.

"We still might do something there in terms of a loan if the Russians are receptive."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... Bikey+deal

looks like Bikey in on loan Makin out.
This could be the "New Player" Coppell has been on about...

I hope he doesn't bring his gun with him on the pitch...
(how many match bans do you get for kneecapping people these days?)

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 16 Aug 2006 22:25

royaldownunder Reading boss Steve Coppell is ready to take a gamble on Cameroon midfielder Andre Bikey, despite reservations over his temperament.

The midfielder made a positive impression on Coppell during a trial, but blotted his copybook when being sent off in the friendly with Orgryte.

Coppell is unsure over whether Bikey has the temperament to handle life in The Premiership, but may look to push through a loan deal if his club Lokomitiv Moscow consent to such a deal.

"He's a very good player and very, very competitive," said Coppell.

"We still might do something there in terms of a loan if the Russians are receptive."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... Bikey+deal

looks like Bikey in on loan Makin out.
This could be the "New Player" Coppell has been on about...

I hope he doesn't bring his gun with him on the pitch...
(how many match bans do you get for kneecapping people these days?)

Depends whether the game is in the Irish Premier League or not...

OzBiscuit2004
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by OzBiscuit2004 » 18 Aug 2006 11:34

Just got this e-mail from the NSW TAB:

Recent League Form (L to R):
Reading WDWDW Middlesbrough LDDLW
Recent Meetings at venue:
Last 5 - Reading 0 Draw 3 Middlesbrough 2
Interesting Fact:
Reading haven't beaten Middlesbrough at home since 1927!

PREVIEW: Runaway winner of the Championship, Reading prepares for its Premiership baptism at home to Middlesbrough – and don’t think for a minute they can’t wet the head with victory.

Under the former Manchester United flier and one-time Crystal Palace boss Steve Coppell, Reading is a club built on optimism and enthusiasm, although the manager will be sweating on dynamic winger Glen Little overcoming injury and new midfield signing Cameroon’s Andre Bikey rounding up his temper. Both, though, could be key men against a Middlesbrough side that hardly installs fear into rival defences.

Fourteenth on the league table looks about right again, unless Mark Viduka can go on a goal-scoring run – but don’t hold your breath. Steve McLaren has departed for the England job, leaving the once veteran defender Gareth Southgate as the new manager.

Keeper Mark Schwarzer says it’s time to consolidate, but fans would hardly be confident after reading skipper George Boateng’s plea for the club to buy a new centre half to fill the boots left vacant by Southgate.
Julio Arca is a decent signing, but Boro will bank heavily on the fruits of its academy. They lack depth and class, and will struggle, even at Reading!

It’s a nice first-up draw for the new boys, so gamble and back a draw, or even test early faith and take a Reading upset – 1-1 or 2-1 look good starting points.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Aug 2006 11:38

Cue the indignation....

What does he mean "even at Reading"? What do they know these bastard journalists etc. etc.

I think that's how it goes.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Aug 2006 11:42

Royal Rother Cue the indignation....

What does he mean "even at Reading"? What do they know these bastard journalists etc. etc.

I think that's how it goes.

If I was a Reading player I would love theses comments.

If I wasn't already fired up this would put me throught the roof to prove the doubters wrong.

It's all good news for Reading.

We''l need that Wimbledon spirit. :wink:

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 18 Aug 2006 13:41

Expect Bikey to be announced early next week - and two permanent signing on top of that.....

NICKY Hammond has revealed that Reading hope to bring in two new players on permanent deals before the transfer deadline passes on August 31.

And the club's director of football also hinted that a season long loan deal for Andre Bikey, who recently spent a week on trial with the Royals, was imminent.

Talks between Reading and Bikey's club Lokomotiv Moscow have been ongoing for some time and Hammond expects an agreement to be reached soon.

He said: "Discussions are continuing between ourselves and Moscow and we hope to bring those to a conclusion very shortly."

Fans have been voicing fears about the strength of the squad going into the club's first season in the Premiership and these intensified yesterday (Wednesday) with the permanent departure of Chris Makin to Southampton and Scott Golbourne's month long loan to Wycombe Wanderers.

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 18 Aug 2006 13:48

I think Bikey plus 2 others will be just right for this squad, and many people have said similar things recently. Have spoken to a few people about this in depth and we all seem to be in agreement.

That would be 5 new signings for the season, with major strenthening to both the midfield and defence. With the possibility of further strengthning of the forward line at a later date, I think the 3 lads we have along with Long will do a decent enough job for us though.

Just a case of seeing who we can get as these other 2 now I guess.

In Coppell, we trust.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Aug 2006 13:51

So long as Bikey takes bromide with his tea this should be a great signing :roll:

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 18 Aug 2006 14:04

Could be the first time that one player get more cards than the rest of the team put together?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Aug 2006 14:26

If this comes off, I'll be really optimistic about it because he looks a good player for little outlay.

And, with a manager who's so laid back he's almost horizontal, I'm very hopeful that we'd be able to make a good impact on Bikey's dodgy temperament.

NewburyURZFan

by NewburyURZFan » 18 Aug 2006 14:47

the man walks round with a gun and headbutts a player in a friendly whilst on trial

alarm bells are ringing!!!

147 posts