Andre Bikey

147 posts
Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Aug 2006 14:53

The post are suggesting its in the bag - other than waiting for a work permit.......

READING are closing in on former trialist Andre Bikey on a season-long loan.

The versatile Bikey impressed during Royals’ week-long tour of Sweden at the start of the month despite returning home to Russia in disgrace after being sent off for head-butting an opponent during the 2-1 victory over Orgryte.

His dismissal effectively ruled out any chance of a permanent move, but Lokomotiv Moscow appear willing to let the player leave on loan. He has three years left on his contract in Russia, but has made it clear he wants to leave.

Reading are now awaiting a work permit and visa for the 21-year-old Cameroon international. He will almost certainly be granted permission to join as he has a Spanish wife.

Meanwhile Royals boss Steve Coppell has denied any interest in Rangers goal ace Kris Boyd, who scored twice at the weekend.

He was also linked with a £400,000 move for Millwall midfielder Marvin Elliott. I understand Royals have monitored him as well as Leeds United’s Matthew Kilgallon, but no deal is imminent.

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 21 Aug 2006 15:03

From what I've heard he is 100% worth taking a chance on, a few games on the bench and really getting to know things will hopefully help him calm down a bit - and he's certainly going to have to if he wants out of his Russian contract before 2009.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Aug 2006 15:11

Shocker from Kilgallon this weekend.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 21 Aug 2006 15:15

Maguire Shocker from Kilgallon this weekend.

Shocker from Leeds this weekend. They're looking forward to League 1 so they can actually get that "Come to see the champions" chant going again. :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Aug 2006 15:29

Even worse than last week?

Greenwich Royal

by Greenwich Royal » 21 Aug 2006 15:30

Unfortunate - up until Saturday I thought Kilgallon would have been a half decent addition to our squad. Only saw the replay on ITV Championship though - was it an isolated incident or did he have a howler? Still, it might be enough to put Liverpool off enough for us to get hold of him...

I'd defo be happy to see Bikey arrive on loan - if anyone can calm a temperamental player down it's got to be Copps, right!?

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 21 Aug 2006 15:31

Every player has a shocker from time to time and to be honest I can't imagine the whole Leeds defeat was down to just Kilgallon....

147 posts