Andre Bikey

147 posts
Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 08 Aug 2006 13:49

Having seen Bikey play in the games against Gallstads and Lanna, he looks really good. Okay, the opposition was rubbish, but he just looks really comfortable, powerful and telling the rest of the defence what to do. He speaks excellent English so communication is not a problem. He just looked like he had been a part of the team for years.

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 08 Aug 2006 14:04

Strange.

Joel Hufford was talking on Radio Berkshire about how he didn't speak any english at all, but that Sonks was helping him out by translating from/to French...

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 08 Aug 2006 14:34

Ian Royal
URZZZZZZZZ I hope so, and Id welcome any signing of a centre back (well nearly anyone). Do remember however how well that Blaha was playing for us last season, scoring a few goals, and he wasnt offered a contract. I do hope he signs, but until its done, I wont get my hopes up.

Blaha? do you mean Obinna? or am I just hopelessly out of touch and confused

Bikey sounds a good prospect to me. I'll take him.
Lubomir Blaha. Remember him? Tall and a bit ungainly, but a cool finisher.

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 08 Aug 2006 15:17

How about a season-long loan deal with the opportunity to make the move permanent next summer for £1 million+ if he impresses?

It would be a good way for Lokomotive to put him on the market for everyone to see and it also wouldn't be such a risk for us if he were to disappoint.

Arthur Pint
Location: Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, one step, two step and....

by Arthur Pint » 08 Aug 2006 15:48

I love the comment on the Evening post site from the person from Moscow, awesome.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/comments/view.html?story_id=2003008

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Aug 2006 15:58

Arthur Pint I love the comment on the Evening post site from the person from Moscow, awesome.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/comments/view.html?story_id=2003008

Sounds a complex and fearful character.

Daniella

by Daniella » 08 Aug 2006 15:59

From Russia with love :D

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 08 Aug 2006 16:02

Daniella From Russia with love :D

No, it's Moonraker tonight.

:)

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 08 Aug 2006 16:19

The Chronicle seems to suggest that Bikey is becoming the main target above Mensah - and that the Mensah deal stalling is more due to Rennes.....

READING could call off their tug-of-war battle for Rennes defender John Mensah and try to land Cameroon's Andre Bikey.The Royals are believed to have tabled a £3.5 million bid for Ghana centre-back Mensah but his club, Rennes,are holding out for more with Monaco and Sheffield United also interested.

However,boss Steve Coppell could call off the chase after an impressive show from Bikey on their pre-season tour of Sweden.

The Lokomotiv Moscow player teamed up with the Reading squad last week and has played in both warm-up games so far - a 6-0 victory against Gallstads FK and a 10-1 hammering of Laana GoIF.
It is thought Bikey would cost close to £1 million and, if he plays well again, Coppell may decide to take the cheaper option.

Speaking from their Swedish training base, Coppell said: "Bikey has everything you want in a defender.He's got a great physical presence,he's commanding and he's slotted right in.

"But I'd be foolish to judge him on the tour. We'll watch him in training and we'll see what happens."But from what we've seen we like him and that's why he's here."
Royals have already bolstered their defence with the £500,000 capture of Sam Sodje from Brentford.
But Coppell clearly wants to bring more bodies in and Bikey's versatility - he can also play full-back - would be an advantage.

oppell added: "We are still looking to buy but what club isn't? We will only bring someone in if they are the right player at the right price.

"Nicky Hammond (director of football) is back home and we're looking at Bikey so we'll wait and see between now and the season."
Hammond confirmed their frustration with the Mensah saga.
"We've been working very,very hard on John Mensah,"he said.
"There's a degree of frustration. The club doesn't want to lose them even if the player himself is keen to come."

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Aug 2006 16:22

Squelchy2507 Having seen Bikey play in the games against Gallstads and Lanna, he looks really good. Okay, the opposition was rubbish, but he just looks really comfortable, powerful and telling the rest of the defence what to do. He speaks excellent English so communication is not a problem. He just looked like he had been a part of the team for years.

Are you sure you know your Bikes from your Sonks? :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Aug 2006 20:30

Thanx PP........................(not all have the time nor inclination to trawl every darned page)

I guess our "fair play" access into the Inter Toto Cup could be a problem

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 08 Aug 2006 21:26

...and sent off for an off the ball incident during a friendly. Me thinks that maybe he just blew more than his top....

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 09 Aug 2006 07:10

Mr Coppell upset big time with Bikey but not sure whether opportunity for move blown - "It's inexcusable and not what Reading players do" (how that has changed since the days of Les Dennis when this epithet could be applied to scoring)

SC will now talk with the rest of the management and coaching team in next day or so and decide whether the chance is worth taking or not.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Aug 2006 08:39

Maybe he demonstrated last night why he has such a poor disciplinary record whilst playing in Russia?

It's going to be hard enough this season with a fully fit and available squad, we don't need players being suspended or red carded for stupid off the ball incidents.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Aug 2006 09:10

This guy has just lost his chance of playing for Reading. :shock: :roll:

I think is a case of "on your bike, Bikey" :wink:
Last edited by Gordons Cumming on 09 Aug 2006 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 09 Aug 2006 09:18

Unfortunately discipline is often a problem with African players and we certainly don't want any brainless players, as our discipline record under Coppell has been excellent.

Shame, he sounded a decent player.

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 09 Aug 2006 09:37

I'm starting to think we're jinxed when it comes to signings.........

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 09 Aug 2006 09:40

by the way it was a headbutt according to the post.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Aug 2006 09:55

Yea, I heard it was a headbutt too.

Bit dissappointing. In one way I thought he was probably desperate to impress and do his best - as coppell said. It just was shown in the wrong way.

But then I think, you would expect him to be on his best behaviour, not wanting to step out of place.

How would he fair in a crucial game, where aggression is high, with 60'000 fans screaming at you? As someone else said, we have a hard enough job, we need 11 players on the field, without any stupid mistakes or actions.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 09 Aug 2006 12:28

Hes definately on his bikey

Friendly,trying to impress,desperate to get a contract away from the place he dreads
I know what'll I'll do I'll stick one on a swede

Nice one pal,I'd get your coat if I were you

147 posts