147 posts
zac naloen

by zac naloen » 10 Aug 2006 09:07

Is there a source for this contract?

Nothing on the official site..

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Aug 2006 09:08

zac naloen Is there a source for this contract?

What contract? Apart from Woodcote Royal's sarcasm no-one has mentioned one.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 10 Aug 2006 09:15

Wycombe Royal
zac naloen Is there a source for this contract?

What contract? Apart from Woodcote Royal's sarcasm no-one has mentioned one.

Well i thought it was sarcasm, but a couple of the replies had me second guessing myself as they were rather ambiguous as to what they were addressing.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Aug 2006 09:26

wehateoxford
72 bus The bloke has 24 yellows and one red in 25 games in russia, walks around moscow carrying a gun.
three games into a trial with reading he headbutts a swede. in a no pressure game.
the bloke is barking and shouldnt be allowed into the country
will be on a life ban before the season is half over.

not being funny, but if your mate had been clattered with a baseball bat, and most people hated you on basis of your skin AND you were in a country notorious for its mob and corruption, you wouldnt carry a gun?

i think to a degree the hell that this lads obviously suffered is what makes him a more violent aggresive character, but i dont think it can be a sole excuse. Maybe, and it is a maybe if he came over here and got settled he'd tone down a bit. Not to say he'd have a exemplary record, but maybe be a bit more of a roy keane type.

every club needs a hard man

Anyone remember Kenny Burns of Nottingham Forest?
Was a very hard player who had a very bad reputation before Brian Clough got hold of him.

He turned him into a quality League and European Cup winner and gained many Scotland caps.

Clough transformed him.

Maybe Coppell could do the same for Bikey.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 10 Aug 2006 09:38

Anyone remember Phil Parkinson. Now there was a gentle chap who never picked up any cards at all. Always pussy-footed into tackles, never confronted opposition players, a real soft and lovable gent on the football pitch. Perhaps thats why no Reading fans revere him then? :?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Aug 2006 09:49

West Stand Man Anyone remember Phil Parkinson. Now there was a gentle chap who never picked up any cards at all. Always pussy-footed into tackles, never confronted opposition players, a real soft and lovable gent on the football pitch. Perhaps thats why no Reading fans revere him then? :?

Phil Parkinson didn't go around nutting people though, did he?

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 10 Aug 2006 10:09

when you see stuff like zidanes headbutt at the WC or shevchenkos headbutt in the champs league 2 seasons ago, one in a friendly doesnt seem that bad....

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Aug 2006 10:30

wehateoxford when you see stuff like zidanes headbutt at the WC or shevchenkos headbutt in the champs league 2 seasons ago, one in a friendly doesnt seem that bad....

A headbutts a headbutt no matter where it's commited.

ferret

by ferret » 10 Aug 2006 10:38

And how about good ol Ricky Newman he ended that Bristol Citys Player's career by stamping on his leg(to this day the worst tackle i have ever seen at a game) but he still played for us for 3 seasons.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2006 10:40

ferret And how about good ol Ricky Newman he ended that Bristol Citys Player's career by stamping on his leg(to this day the worst tackle i have ever seen at a game) but he still played for us for 3 seasons.

What twaddle. He never stamped on his leg.

ferret

by ferret » 10 Aug 2006 10:53

I was sitting in the stands and i saw him do it , it was nasty and to this day i have no idea how he got away with it.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Aug 2006 10:54

Gordons Cumming
West Stand Man Anyone remember Phil Parkinson. Now there was a gentle chap who never picked up any cards at all. Always pussy-footed into tackles, never confronted opposition players, a real soft and lovable gent on the football pitch. Perhaps thats why no Reading fans revere him then? :?

I have it on good authority (Coppell's cat) that he - Bikey - would have shot him if he'd had his gun with him ... so lucky it was just a head butt.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2006 10:55

ferret I was sitting in the stands and i saw him do it , it was nasty and to this day i have no idea how he got away with it.

Then you have poor eyesight. It was not a stamp.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 10 Aug 2006 10:59

Gordons Cumming

I can still see the elbow in the face that got him sent off about 5 years ago. Love him to bits, but not an angel.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Aug 2006 11:00

West Stand Man Phil Parkinson ............................... I Love him to bits, .

:shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 11:01

SpaceCruiser
ferret I was sitting in the stands and i saw him do it , it was nasty and to this day i have no idea how he got away with it.

so you know exactly what incident he is refering to and were in the stand and also saw it perfectly is that what your saying Spacey? Because it's not like you don't have a habit of being completely biased in favour of our players no matter what the situation now is it?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2006 11:07

Ian Royal
SpaceCruiser

so you know exactly what incident he is refering to and were in the stand and also saw it perfectly is that what your saying Spacey? Because it's not like you don't have a habit of being completely biased in favour of our players no matter what the situation now is it?

Not only was I there, I've also seen it on video. How can you carry out a "stamp" from a prone position when you're sliding in to prevent a shot?

It was a complete unfortunate accident. Get over it and leave Ricky Newman alone.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 11:15

I wasn't having a go at Newman at all. I was just questioning your immiediate defence with no back up. thank you.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2006 11:20

Are you agreeing with me or not?

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 10 Aug 2006 11:21

Looks like he's been told he's not suitable

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 778613.stm

Cameroon trialist Andre Bikey has been sent back to Lokomotiv Moscow after being dismissed for butting an opponent in a pre-season friendly. (Daily Star)

147 posts