Oh how i would love to beat them!!!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

Oh how i would love to beat them!!!

by londinium » 07 Aug 2006 23:38

Less than two weeks to go until the big kick off and hopefully an end to the really crap threads that we have had to put up with over the last 3 months.

So here is my 'crap thread' to add to the list.

Due to the step up to the top flight (and the fact he is no longer in Championship either) we will miss the slagging off old favourites like Mark McGhee. So who do you look forward to slating this year and why??

I will go for the obvious, Neil Warnock - because he is a twat!!

I will also add Andy (ugly) Johnson - for his diving exploits and the way he celebrated at Selhurst against us this year.

Also add Ian Dowie to the list for his continual moaning and the fact I love singing 'ian dowie - elephant man'

Pardew - obvoius reasons (i know we are all over it. But its great when we beat Wet Sham)

Anyone got other to add for any reason at all?

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 08 Aug 2006 00:10

Christiano Ronaldo because I want to be the first to write him :?

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 08 Aug 2006 00:50

Why bother slagging football managers? Mc Ghee is a failure and a has-been, Warnock will shortly be exposed as the blow-hard that he is. (Not that the Championship didn't know that already). Come what may this season, we have proved that we are far above the rantings of such little men.

As for Pardew, despite his move up the road, he did get us into the Championship and lay the foundations of the best team to grace that division

Any excess venom would be better directed aginst the sections of the press who still refuse to accord us the respect we deserve as rightful members of the best league in the world.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 08 Aug 2006 01:13

bobby m's syrup Why bother slagging football managers? Mc Ghee is a failure and a has-been, Warnock will shortly be exposed as the blow-hard that he is. (Not that the Championship didn't know that already). Come what may this season, we have proved that we are far above the rantings of such little men.

As for Pardew, despite his move up the road, he did get us into the Championship and lay the foundations of the best team to grace that division

Any excess venom would be better directed aginst the sections of the press who still refuse to accord us the respect we deserve as rightful members of the best league in the world.

Sorry... just wanted to have a bit of fun... next time I will run it by you first to make sure I dont enjoy myself too much...Sir!!

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 08 Aug 2006 02:02

Having a bad day/night?? No note of censure or offence intended. I was more interested in discussing why certain folk, (yourself not necessarily included), seem to be obsessed with the doings of other, (lesser) managers.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 08 Aug 2006 07:52

Graham Poll.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 08 Aug 2006 09:21

[quote]Any excess venom would be better directed aginst the sections of the press who still refuse to accord us the respect we deserve as rightful members of the best league in the world.[/quote

if it was really the best leauge in the world it wouldn't be dominated by just three teams it would be competitive and exiting, just because the programers at sky say its the best doesn't mean it is.
the only thing the premiure leauge is good for is filling the pockets of buisness men who have no real intrest in a clubs sucsses past the amount of tv appearences they get.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 08 Aug 2006 09:30

saying that though it would be great if we could win the leauge. just it will never happen.
the top three have their place and they won't let it go without a fight, you just have to look at what happened to tottenham to see we don't have a chance.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 08 Aug 2006 09:31

Apart from the obvious people such as Pardew & Andy Johnson, I really hope we beat Fulham. I remember when we were in the same dicision as them as they were walking away with the title under Kevin Keegan, and their fans were chanting "We're never play you again"

W*nkers

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Aug 2006 09:33

Man Utd for me.

How good would that be?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 08 Aug 2006 10:10

I'd like to beat about fifteen teams in total, not bothered who or where

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Aug 2006 10:10

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. if it was really the best leauge in the world it wouldn't be dominated by just three teams it would be competitive and exiting, just because the programers at sky say its the best doesn't mean it is.
the only thing the premiure leauge is good for is filling the pockets of buisness men who have no real intrest in a clubs sucsses past the amount of tv appearences they get.

What league is better then? The Premiership is perhaps the most exciting game by game, and although Chelsea are a bit of a freak at the moment, it's just as competitive as La Liga or Seria A.

In La Liga you have Barca and Real who've won 16 out of the last 20 championships with only Athletico, Deportivo (both 1) and Valencia (2) managing to break their hold.

Seria A is much the same. Juve and Milan have won 14 of the last 20 (not discounting the Juve titles that have been wiped out) with one off wins for Inter, Lazio, Roma, Sampadoria and 2 for Napoli. I think it shows that you can cheat/buy the odd win in Italy.

The Bundaslega is maybe a bit less unpredictable if Bayern don't win it. They've won 11/20 with Kaiserslauten, Dortmund, Werder Bremen and Stuttgart sharing the other 9.

The Premiership/Division One has been shared out a little bit more. Utd have 8 wins, Arsenal 5, Chelsea and Liverpool 2 each and 1 a piece for Everton, Blackburn and Leeds. We always get 2 or 3 dominating for a while but it does change a bit more than in the other leagues where it's usually the same two every season.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 08 Aug 2006 10:16

La Liga is far and away the best league in Europe. They are the holders of both European club competition Cups and have a very competitive league

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Aug 2006 10:19

I'm really not bothered. Just be happy to beat a few teams really.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Aug 2006 10:33

Huntley & Palmer La Liga is far and away the best league in Europe. They are the holders of both European club competition Cups and have a very competitive league

To be fair the Premiership was represented in both finals as well and Arsenal gave a very good account of themselves.

I wouldn't say La Liga is any more competitive than the Premiership, a bit more technical maybe, but it's always been dominated by two teams. It has one outstanding team in Barcalona but I don't think the rest are any stronger than their Premiership counterparts.

A good league but by no mean "far and away" a better league than ours.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2006 10:37

look at the top 5 teams in the premiership over the last 10 years, It's rarely the same 5, it usually envoles utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, but not always. Other than that there have been plenty of real surprises.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 08 Aug 2006 13:09

if he stays, reyes will get it for being a tosser and a diver, hate him, he's worse than ronaldo.

Also Fulham, as stated above because they really pissed me off when they came to mad stad.

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 08 Aug 2006 13:12

Ian Dowie - The Elephant Man - classy chant - loved that for 80 mins down at Selhurt last year!

I'd love to beat Spurs - based purely on a guy I lived with at Uni who was a nice enough guy but I f***ing hate Spurs as a result of his constant "big club" moaning and justifying. W*nkers.

anR

by anR » 08 Aug 2006 13:33

HighburyRoyale I'd love to beat Spurs - based purely on a guy I lived with at Uni who was a nice enough guy but I f***ing hate Spurs as a result of his constant "big club" moaning and justifying. W*nkers.

I think I'd agree with you here, for the reason that a work collegue follows them.

Man Utd, Arsenal, Sheffield United and West Ham run the race close for other teams.

Man Utd - Hate them. A northern glory team run by an alchoholic jock. Far too many people support this team for the wrong reason...

Arsenal - Look at it. I heard they have signed a French international from a French team. Campbell and Cole are on the way out. When Walcott is loned out for a season there'll be a totally foreign team! That's just not right in the English Premiership...

Sheffield United - It fills me with a wierd sense of Euphoria seeing Colin get all wound up on the touch lines and the post match interviews...

West Ham - Much as I have moved on, I couldn't wish him any good. At least not at West Ham! Let's make it four games on he spin at Madejski and please cheer my post wedding hangover on the 1st October!

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 08 Aug 2006 13:38

Liverpool would be a good one to beat also. Mates are addicted to taking the piss out of Reading. I just want the chance to look down my nose at them like they've tried to do for quite a while. Even after last season.