You Call The Shots...........

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Aug 2006 10:41

Woodcote Royal
Stranded I do agree with ou WR that we have a very good basis of a squad, they way we strolled last year shows that but IMHO we do need two more players one CB and one CM.

Whilst I don't mind us starting the season without them, we need at least one if not both in by the 31st. We got lucky with the centre half pairing last year with neither missing a game through injury/suspension and whilst we have players who can cover there I feel one more recognised CB to push the other two for a place is vital for cover and competition.

I wouldn't disagree with that, it's just there's no point in bringing someone in because we can't find what we really need.

Our new man from Brentford remains an unknown quantity, and surely represents some form of insurance, but I remain convinced that we'll find a suitable centre half before deadline day and it's just a case of everyone holding their nerve.

I agree to an extent but we do need someone, hopefully Bikey is coming in which will cover it. If not and the window shuts, scenario for you:

Sheff Utd away: Ingi gets sent off for violent conduct and as a result gets a three match ban. After the game it becomes clear that Sonko has been playing on with an injury that needed to be rested and now needs an operation which sees him out to Xmas.

For the next three games our CB partnership is Sodje and Gunnarsson (games including Man U and Chelsea IIRC). One more knock in defence or midfield and we're pretty much screwed.

Of course I want us to get the best player out there but at the back of mind if we haven't got anyone by the last few days I would want us to sign someone even if it is just as cover.

It's not an

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Aug 2006 10:49

'lista
Woodcote Royal I'm a "C" just in case you were wondering :P

Many here have known this for sometime...... :wink:

and here, too :P