Vocally lift your Royals

Bluey

Vocally lift your Royals

by Bluey » 13 Aug 2006 23:35

Being born and bred in Reading and following the ' Royals ' since the days of Pat Terry, Arthur Wilkie & Colin Meldrum strutted their stuff at the beautiful Elm Park, and now living too far away for the players to hear my support, although I'me sure I was heard loud & clear on ' Promotion Day ', I am calling on all Royals supporters to get our team home when it's needed most.
Forever of the belief that games of any code are often won & lost in the last 5 minutes in each half, if you can bring the roof down of the 'Mad Stad ', I know the players will respond, and this could be the difference between staying up or going down, ( 6 or 8pts ? ).
Personally I think come the business end of the season we'll be just fine, the players can step up to the next level, it's up to the supporters to also step up, turn that draw into a win or that loss into a draw.
Looking forward to Lita, Doyle & Kitson bangin' em in, & the defence hittn' em hard.
Good luck, can't wait, ' Go Hard '. I'll be listening for the vocal lift.

quinnsleftfoot

by quinnsleftfoot » 13 Aug 2006 23:42

Unfortunately, it seems that most are too preoccupied with either booing Sidwell or banging their seats than getting behind the team.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 14 Aug 2006 01:30

They'll struggle to bang the empty seats next week.

Oh wait, here comes the replacement for it

BOOM BOOM blue army
BOOM BOOM blue army

bugger

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Vocally lift your Royals

by Avon Royal » 14 Aug 2006 07:44

Bluey Good luck, can't wait, ' Go Hard '.

Now I'll admit I'm excited, but...........

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 14 Aug 2006 07:58

Even at our worst, it shouldn't take much to out sing the Boro. Shite supporters!

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 14 Aug 2006 09:02

i try to get behind the team, but its difficult when everyone around you is silent. you'll hear the occasional shout of encouragement from me when its needed :D

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 14 Aug 2006 09:45

Think we may have got to used to 'automatically' winning. If we go a few down I'm not sure how much noise even the south bit of the east stand will make. Also hoping the mass exit ten minutes before the end will not be worse if we're really losing.

Where my optimism gone?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 14 Aug 2006 09:51

Bluey Being born and bred in Reading and following the ' Royals ' since the days of Pat Terry, Arthur Wilkie & Colin Meldrum strutted their stuff at the beautiful Elm Park, and now living too far away for the players to hear my support, although I'me sure I was heard loud & clear on ' Promotion Day ', I am calling on all Royals supporters to get our team home when it's needed most.
Forever of the belief that games of any code are often won & lost in the last 5 minutes in each half, if you can bring the roof down of the 'Mad Stad ', I know the players will respond, and this could be the difference between staying up or going down, ( 6 or 8pts ? ).
Personally I think come the business end of the season we'll be just fine, the players can step up to the next level, it's up to the supporters to also step up, turn that draw into a win or that loss into a draw.
Looking forward to Lita, Doyle & Kitson bangin' em in, & the defence hittn' em hard.

Blah, blah, blah, heard it all before fck off Newbie.

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 14 Aug 2006 10:25

Norfolk Royal wrote ...

Blah, blah, blah, heard it all before fck off Newbie

Christ mate, whats your problem ??

This guy has obviously been supporting the Royals since before you were born but through his own admittance has not been a "die hard" in recent times ... Any support the club attracts has to be a good thing, whether new or old ... but if I was a "newbie", even if born and bred in Reading, I would think twice about posting on here ! Without the "newbie" element the Madstad would be half empty every game.

Must admit I regard this "newbie" thing as particularly childlike and the whole thing is beginning to piss me off !

Kingsley's Kousin

by Kingsley's Kousin » 14 Aug 2006 10:34

Dennis the Butler Norfolk Royal wrote ...

This guy has obviously been supporting the Royals since before you were born but through his own admittance has not been a "die hard" in recent times ... Any support the club attracts has to be a good thing, whether new or old ... but if I was a "newbie", even if born and bred in Reading, I would think twice about posting on here ! Without the "newbie" element the Madstad would be half empty every game.

Must admit I regard this "newbie" thing as particularly childlike and the whole thing is beginning to piss me off !

whooooooooooooooooosh

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 14 Aug 2006 11:09

Norfolk Royal
Bluey Being born and bred in Reading and following the ' Royals ' since the days of Pat Terry, Arthur Wilkie & Colin Meldrum strutted their stuff at the beautiful Elm Park, and now living too far away for the players to hear my support, although I'me sure I was heard loud & clear on ' Promotion Day ', I am calling on all Royals supporters to get our team home when it's needed most.

Blah, blah, blah, heard it all before fck off Newbie.

Mate, you are a complete tool!!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Aug 2006 11:11

:lol: @ you! You don't get it, do you?

Neither does East Stand Ste, I take it!

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 14 Aug 2006 11:12

SpaceCruiser

28316 posts since 2004?!!!......mate don't you have anything better to do with your time?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Aug 2006 11:14

East Stand Ste
SpaceCruiser

28316 posts since 2004?!!!......mate don't you have anything better to do with your time?

:roll:

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 14 Aug 2006 11:14

East Stand Ste
SpaceCruiser

It keeps him away from Battersea........

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 14 Aug 2006 11:17

SpaceCruiser
East Stand Ste
SpaceCruiser

:roll:

ah i get it now, you bulk up your posts with pointless things like that....seriously that is a lot of posts!!...you must be on here a hell of a lot!!

Bluey

by Bluey » 14 Aug 2006 11:37

For your information Knob Jockey, you don't mind if I call you Knob Jockey do you Norfolk Royal, I was at the Man City 7 - 0 drubbing in '68, and the 3 - 2 loss to Sheffield Wednesday in '66, and countless Elm Park encounters in the 60's.
So to HNA, I am a ' Newbie ' but to supporting Reading FC, a diehard Royals supporter, a supporter who has Reading Football Club dripping through his veins, no, not a ' Newbie '.
I was merely trying to suggest a way of picking up a few extra points to stay in the Prem, enjoy the season KJ.
Come on you Royals.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Aug 2006 11:39

Bluey For your information Knob Jockey, you don't mind if I call you Knob Jockey do you Norfolk Royal, I was at the Man City 7 - 0 drubbing in '68, and the 3 - 2 loss to Sheffield Wednesday in '66, and countless Elm Park encounters in the 60's.
So to HNA, I am a ' Newbie ' but to supporting Reading FC, a diehard Royals supporter, a supporter who has Reading Football Club dripping through his veins, no, not a ' Newbie '.
I was merely trying to suggest a way of picking up a few extra points to stay in the Prem, enjoy the season KJ.
Come on you Royals.

Bluey, FO Newbie is a running joke on here.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 14 Aug 2006 11:42

Maybe so, but how is a newbie supposed to know that?

Most forums i go to actually have a ban on poking of newbs as more often than not it makes the board look like a bunch of elitist pricks and stifles growth. :wink:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Aug 2006 11:42

zac naloen

Maybe so, but how is a newbie supposed to know that?

Most forums i go to actually have a ban on poking of newbs as more often than not it makes the board look like a bunch of elitist pricks and stifles growth. :wink:

If he read before posting, he would know that. ;)