Boro Fans opinion....

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Boro Fans opinion....

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Aug 2006 19:50

Been posting on a boro messageboard since last season, this was taken from one lad who went to the game yesterday....

"Met the lads at about 12:30ish in the pub but could only stay for an hour as I went in the car and needed to park nearer the ground. It took ages to find the pub and when I asked one bloke he replied "F u c k off you Boro C u n t". A police man eventually told me the way (after taking the piss out of me for being on crutches). It was nice to see a couple of the lads again (Retro and Harry) and also meet a few others (Lemontop, BoroG and Windsor Boro).

When the game started we got straight at them and gave them a great introduction to Premiership football. Their fans were very vocal and out-chanted us lot by far (although they had about 23,000 more than us) but they quietened down a bit after Stewie scored the first goal. When Yak fired the second one in they fell almost silent. Then we hit a problem...........Reading got the ball into our half down their right. Arca was a shambles at left back and, if his performance today is anything to go by then I would resell him back to Sunderland. Time after time they passed the ball to their right winger (that "oriental" looking bloke) as he was just going past Arca as if he wasn't there. Inevitably they scored and after what seemed like 2 minutes later they scored again. By this time I had a feeling we were going to be beaten and these feelings were confirmed when Andrew Davies and Parnaby (i think) got confused between them hampering Schwarzers attempt to gather the ball which, in turn allowed Leroy Lita to put the ball into the back of the net.

Reading deserved to win today as they were the better team for about the last 65 minutes and our defence is shite. Parnaby is not even Championship standard never mind Premiership. Arca was abysmal the whole time he was on the pitch. Rocky was giving the ball away constantly whether it was a 5 yard pass or a 30 yard pass. We had a spell when we were just hoofing it up the pitch hoping to find a red shirt but it never happened.

All in all, we were shite today. We need some new signings ASAP as Ch£lski are going to batter that defence to pieces."

He also on another post said the atmopshere was awesome and we should be proud of are fans in the ground. But hardly a positive message from some quarters is it. Starting on somone with crutches? Very clever.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 20 Aug 2006 20:04

Really sorry to hear about the attitude to someone with crutches. Last season, I was very pleased with the help and support given to someone on crutches by South Stand stewards and I now feel guilty at not having highlighted this before. Well done, South Stand stewards! Keep up the good work!

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 20 Aug 2006 20:05

I agree. Feel sorry for the bloke if he can't even get directions from our lot without having abuse given to him for being on crutches.

As for his report, it tells it like it is. Middlesbrough's defence is poor and that was confirmed with the manner of the first and third goals. We were more inventive, more passionate, and more willing on the day, and that meant we took the points.

It was also the best atmosphere I have encountered at the Mad House, and the game itself brought memories of West Brom flooding back from last season.

Custard Cream

by Custard Cream » 20 Aug 2006 21:07

Well he did say the copper 'took the piss out of him' ..... could well have been some friendly banter.

anR

by anR » 20 Aug 2006 23:09

one lad who went to the game yesterday Arca was a shambles at left back and, if his performance today is anything to go by then I would resell him back to Sunderland.

Just remind me... What were they chanting at us at one point? :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Aug 2006 23:34

It is completely beyong me why someone should take the p*ss out of someone on crutches. :shock:

Dear, oh dear, oh dear. :roll:

Custard Cream

by Custard Cream » 20 Aug 2006 23:40

Gordons Cumming It is completely beyong me why someone should take the p*ss out of someone on crutches. :shock:

Has nobody ever taken the piss out of you in a funny (laugh with me not at you) way?

...Maybe not :roll:

topfuller

Re: Boro Fans opinion....

by topfuller » 20 Aug 2006 23:48

FiNeRaIn Been posting on a boro messageboard since last season, this was taken from one lad who went to the game yesterday....

"Met the lads at about 12:30ish in the pub but could only stay for an hour as I went in the car and needed to park nearer the ground. It took ages to find the pub and when I asked one bloke he replied "F u c k off you Boro C u n t". A police man eventually told me the way (after taking the piss out of me for being on crutches). It was nice to see a couple of the lads again (Retro and Harry) and also meet a few others (Lemontop, BoroG and Windsor Boro).

When the game started we got straight at them and gave them a great introduction to Premiership football. Their fans were very vocal and out-chanted us lot by far (although they had about 23,000 more than us) but they quietened down a bit after Stewie scored the first goal. When Yak fired the second one in they fell almost silent. Then we hit a problem...........Reading got the ball into our half down their right. Arca was a shambles at left back and, if his performance today is anything to go by then I would resell him back to Sunderland. Time after time they passed the ball to their right winger (that "oriental" looking bloke) as he was just going past Arca as if he wasn't there. Inevitably they scored and after what seemed like 2 minutes later they scored again. By this time I had a feeling we were going to be beaten and these feelings were confirmed when Andrew Davies and Parnaby (i think) got confused between them hampering Schwarzers attempt to gather the ball which, in turn allowed Leroy Lita to put the ball into the back of the net.

Reading deserved to win today as they were the better team for about the last 65 minutes and our defence is shite. Parnaby is not even Championship standard never mind Premiership. Arca was abysmal the whole time he was on the pitch. Rocky was giving the ball away constantly whether it was a 5 yard pass or a 30 yard pass. We had a spell when we were just hoofing it up the pitch hoping to find a red shirt but it never happened.

All in all, we were shite today. We need some new signings ASAP as Ch£lski are going to batter that defence to pieces."

He also on another post said the atmopshere was awesome and we should be proud of are fans in the ground. But hardly a positive message from some quarters is it. Starting on somone with crutches? Very clever.

Really.. so just why have you been posting on 'comeonboro.com' for a year? .. I just happen to know the site admin ..

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Aug 2006 23:55

Disgusting if our fans treated him like that and fair play to all the Boro fans who were there yesterday, I hope they do alright as they're the only club in the North East who aren't arrogant idiots with delusions of grandeur.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 21 Aug 2006 10:47

I see that the boro bloke commented on Parnaby and Arca. I was surprised to find out on MOTD that they were playing as fullbacks. I thought they were wingers? :shock:

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 21 Aug 2006 10:57

Seems a very honest report. Every club has its oxf*rd section of 'fans' and unfortunately for this chappie, he came across some.
If I was a Boro fan and Southgate was in charge, after that shocking pre-season and the opening day defeat, I'd be every so concerned right now!
Chelsea will murder that defence!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 Aug 2006 11:27

SpaceCruiser I see that the boro bloke commented on Parnaby and Arca. I was surprised to find out on MOTD that they were playing as fullbacks. I thought they were wingers? :shock:

Arca played as a wing back at Sunderland.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Aug 2006 11:28

Custard Cream
Gordons Cumming It is completely beyong me why someone should take the p*ss out of someone on crutches. :shock:

Has nobody ever taken the piss out of you in a funny (laugh with me not at you) way?

It's not funny or clever to take the mick out of a person's disability.Ever!!

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 21 Aug 2006 11:37

Spacey makes a good point about Arca. He may have played as a wingback in the past but he's never a defender! As for Parnaby he was taken off wasn't he? And both our goals in the 1st half came from his side in the 1st half.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 21 Aug 2006 11:48

Gordons Cumming
Custard Cream

I've just come off crutches and had the piss taken out of me loads of times. I'm sure I'll get over it though...

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Aug 2006 11:49

who are ya?
Gordons Cumming
Custard Cream

I've just come off crutches and had the piss taken out of me loads of times. I'm sure I'll get over it though...

Good. I hope you're not permanently scarred. :wink:

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 21 Aug 2006 12:14

I saw a boro fan on crutches, must have been him

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Aug 2006 12:43

If they're on crutches they presumably would welcome a hand shaking the drips out of the silly fella.

I think I spotted the Boro chap who made that post, If it's him he had cruches and a Boro shirt on and was walking alone up to the Mad Stad from the Jaguar garage roundabout..... I bet his arms ached when he got there.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 21 Aug 2006 12:51

its good to see they rated our atmosphere and style of play but sad to see people giving a guy on crutches on his own jip.

lets hope Villa are as complementary

The Cube

by The Cube » 21 Aug 2006 13:08

I've only once been asked directions to the ground by away fans. It was the 1999 Fulham game ("We'll never play you again"). I was walking along the Oxford Road for some reason and a car-load of Fulham fans stopped and asked me how to get to Elm Park. I gave them accurate directions, and I hope they enjoyed looking at the building site.

Always wondered whether they were interested at looking at the site of the old ground or whether they were pig-ignorant. (Obviously probablility favours the latter.)

Did once get asked directions to the MadStad by an egg-chaser driving in Caversham though. I sent him in the direction of Sonning Common.