Luckomoter

UTDSTEVE

by UTDSTEVE » 24 Aug 2006 10:06

Wax Jacket
The Surgeon of Crowthorne
papereyes Sorry, UTDSTEVE - there was a third one wasn't there? Agbonlahor at the end.

That was up the other end and I can honestly say I have no idea.
That's the one I was referring to - he was onside & had oceans of space. Whilst no one followed him because they saw the flag, he had so much room he wouldn't have been caught anyway.

he wasn't onside! the MOTD camera was at an angle and so showed him to be level. FWIW I think Sonko tugged Moore back before stumbling over.

I thought that to but it was outside the box. The ref could quite easily have just given a free kick.

Pardsme

Re: Luckomoter

by Pardsme » 24 Aug 2006 10:22

Big Ern
Winchester Royal We're back to evens.

Incorrect decisions that benefitted us
Viduka's 'offside' equaliser

incorrect decisions that hindered us
Sonko's red card

Shall I keep this a running thing?

The ref had no choice but to send Sonko off. If somthing similar had happened when Doyle was through on goal we would all be adament it was a sending off. It wasn't intential, but we are being too subjective if we think it was an unfair decision. If any decision went against us last night it was the ref not sending JL Samuel off for a terrible foul on Doyle when he had already been booked.

What about last season at Luton, when Doyle was clean through, identical situation and yet the ref gave nothing at the time. Inconsistency!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Aug 2006 10:25

HighburyRoyale
Winchester Royal From Reports (I wasn't there :oops: ) it appears that Sonko stumbled and the man came down with him.

Not a foul, strictly speaking, but if the man come down in the box after contact with a defender, its a penalty.

Did it stop a clear goalscoring opportunity?

It was one of those that was harsh, but fair I think. From the ref's angel, there is no way he could really have done anything else and the assistant at that end was at the other end of the pitch, so no joy there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the assistant have been tracking the last defender?

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 24 Aug 2006 10:31

From what i've heard, Sonko's challenge was a clumsy one which no defender came help. It was a penalty but reports feel the sending off was harsh.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Aug 2006 11:56

Sonko's red card

What an absolute load of bollocks. Tell me Riggott and Rochemback shouldn't have gone on Saturday then. That would have meant game over and Viduka wouldn't have even had the chance. Samuel could have easily gone last night as well meaning two decisions went against us. Were you actually at either of the games?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 24 Aug 2006 11:57

Royalee

Sonko's red card

What an absolute load of bollocks. Tell me Riggott and Rochemback shouldn't have gone on Saturday then. That would have meant game over and Viduka wouldn't have even had the chance. Samuel could have easily gone last night as well meaning two decisions went against us. Were you actually at either of the games?

Chill Winston

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Aug 2006 12:00

It just winds me up when people have this ridiculous inferiority complex that because we're in the Premiership we get 'lucky' when decisions go our way and decisions that go against us even more so aren't picked up on. Not having two players sent off on Saturday and Kitson being out for three weeks far outweighs the good of one goal as we'd have stuck another 2 or 3 past Boro had the ref done his job properly.

Had Sonko not gone last night we'd have beaten Villa and even after that if Samuel had gone we were on the front foot and looked more like scoring (great decision by O'Neill to take him off). That decision could not only cost us last night's game, but also Wigan away and City home if Sonko's missing and we don't bring in cover because we're weak at centre back. The bad decisions far outweigh the good.