Lita in trouble in Brizzle?

341 posts
KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 31 Aug 2006 12:08

Lita's an idiot for even putting himself in this situation. A mate of mine went to a club in Bristol (could have been Oceania but can't be sure) and said there was trouble before they even got in. For Lita to get involved once is bad enough, getting dropped as result, but twice is inexcusable. I thought he'd have learnt to stay away from Bristol, and going out straight after the game just beggars belief.

I thought he might go next summer if he scored the goals to keep us up but now I think whatever happens he'll be off anyway, it doesnt seem like he'll change his ways.

The Cube

by The Cube » 31 Aug 2006 12:15

Chronic Yesterday morning (Wednesday) Lita, flanked by Royals' director of football Nicky Hammond...

How does one person "flank" another?

The Insider

by The Insider » 31 Aug 2006 12:20

what worries me , even in the absence of hearing Leroy's side of the story, is that he apologised via text .

I suspect the gentleman in question has retained the Text on his phone with the apology, in which case if Leroy is to deny the incident, he'll have a job to explain the reason behind the text message.

I think the story sounds very plausible indeed, and if GBH is the charge (and the guy follows through ) then it's inevitable we won't see much of Leroy in the near future.

If it was a black eye it could be dismissed as handbags, but a fractured cheekbone and impaired vision is a whole lot more serious.

What will it do to him mentally ? the case will inevitably take time to come to trial, how will he handle this ? and the Club ?

In the meantime we are left with a crocked Kitson , and Longy who hasn't played more than about 10 professional games in his entire career. Doyler is the exception, but he can't do this on his own.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Aug 2006 12:24

I'd hate to be Lita's enemy if he does this to his friends. :shock:

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 31 Aug 2006 12:24

Call me a 'carist' but chrome wheels on a low slung Hummer are so chav and just asking for trouble. Everyone knows they should be champagne black. :wink:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Aug 2006 12:25

I can see some old professional defenders having a quiet word with Lita during games to wind him up.

Worrying. :cry:

retro royal

by retro royal » 31 Aug 2006 12:26

Like I've mentioned before but no one has picked up on it, we should be negotiating with clubs regarding possible transfer targets, our man for the job nicky hammond is instead driving down the m4, spending x-hours in nick with leroy.

I feel we will bring in a new striker today, otherwise I feel it will be Doyle & Seol to start week monday

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 31 Aug 2006 12:54

Yea one things for sure thanks to his stupidity he wont play for at least 1 game after this. Therefore leaving us with a maximum of 3 strikers, Thats the area where we had most cover! :(

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 31 Aug 2006 13:00

So basically coppell has exactly the same view as me.

What the hell was he doing there and why the oxf*rd does he put himself in these positions?

Sort it out Leroy.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 31 Aug 2006 13:09

retro royal Like I've mentioned before but no one has picked up on it, we should be negotiating with clubs regarding possible transfer targets, our man for the job nicky hammond is instead driving down the m4, spending x-hours in nick with leroy.

I agree mate.

After reading Coppell's comments Spacey can't admit he's wrong and Lita is in the wrong.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 31 Aug 2006 13:18

retro royal Like I've mentioned before but no one has picked up on it, we should be negotiating with clubs regarding possible transfer targets, our man for the job nicky hammond is instead driving down the m4, spending x-hours in nick with leroy.

Why was Nicky Hammond involved at all? How many of us would take our boss along to the police station if we'd committed a crime, unless of course you worked for a law firm.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Aug 2006 13:22

6ft Kerplunk

Why was Nicky Hammond involved at all? How many of us would take our boss along to the police station if we'd committed a crime, unless of course you worked for a law firm.

Footballers need their clubs to sort everything out for them, no idea why though!

Bromley Royal

by Bromley Royal » 31 Aug 2006 13:24

What's particularly sad for RFC is that on Radio 5 Live news today, there's all this talk of West Ham's fantastic coup, and other transfers, and then there's the news that Steve Coppell may drop Lita. Not nice being in the news for the wrong reasons.

Cheers, David

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2006 13:26

Alan Partridge More like alls forgotten, your the best thing since sliced bread. Fickle with a capital F.

Great when you get opinions from people on an incident that no one saw and no one knows exactly what happened.

Was Lita foolish being in Bristol that night? Damn right he was, he needs to grow up quickly but some of the stuff on here is utterly ridiculous and way over the top.

We are well aware that he disregarded previous warnings from his bosses re keeping out of situations/environments that might lead to this sort of trouble.

We are well aware that he has behaved in an extremely unprofessional manner.

We are aware that he is leading the sort of night club lifestayle that is no longer regarded as acceptable (at least during the season) by top clubs.

We are now also aware (assuming that the Chronic didn't get the quote completely wrong) that he misled SC (a very good, honest and fair-minded manager) about no longer frequenting the Bristol night(low) life.

Given all that, is it really unreasonable for people to castigate him?

6ft Kerplunk

I'm surprised they didn't have Mr M's pet solicitor and fellow board member accompany him.

Mr Irascible

by Mr Irascible » 31 Aug 2006 13:38

at last I know the words to the Lita chant...

..."Leroy Lita, what a f@ckng tw@t!"

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2006 13:44

If even half of what the report in the sun said is true. And I'm not taking it for granted it being that rag. Lita is totally out of order and needs to be reined in.

I'm personally not willing to see the sort of players that get envolved in fights and other such activities at my club, no matter how god they are. I'm still not overly happy with Stack being here, but am giving him a fair chance as apart from being a bit irresponsible he seems to have kept his nose celan since the court case.

Lita on the other hand trouble just sticks to. Spacey, you say why should he be punished for two events, one of which he was the victim in? Well because he managed to get in both events in less than a year and most of the rest of our players have been in none in their entire career with us.
Just because he was the one who got hurt the first time doesn't mean he wasn't just as much to blame.

I feel a little sickened by the whole thing, Lita is very lucky Kitson's injured and the transfer window is about to close, or he could find himself with a large fine and little prospect of playing for us again this season.

And thats ignoring the fact he could get sent down.

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 31 Aug 2006 13:46

Royalee
SpaceCruiser Hmmmmm, we've now heard the victim's side of the story, but we still haven't heard Lita's side of the story.

He turned himself in.

Exactly - that speaks volumes to me.

Glad the club have finally said something.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2006 13:48

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't his choice and that he was frog marched there by the club.

Mr Mad will not be pleased. This is a family club, not Millwall.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Aug 2006 13:50

RoyalBlue We are well aware that he disregarded previous warnings from his bosses re keeping out of situations/environments that might lead to this sort of trouble.

How many warnings have there been then? :roll:

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 31 Aug 2006 13:59

Isnt this the 3rd time this has happened since he's been with us, or am i barking up the wrong tree here?

341 posts