Player Ratings vs Man U

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Sep 2006 21:06

I disagree with those who said Harper was "missing" today - I thought he played well and made some important tackles and passes. I thought Convey was better than he has been but still not at his best, Lita though had flashes of brilliance is a greedy so-and-so and should have passed on quite a few occasions, Hahnemann's distribution is still shocking. Seol looked dead on his feet mid way through the second half, but prior to that made some excellent runs. Doyle worked tirelessly again imo, Murts played out of his skin today (hope he's not injured), Sidders has played better, Shorey was confident and Ivar was a brick. And Sonko still gives me heart palpitations when he gets the ball in their box!! But once again, he was Superman! Thank you.

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 23 Sep 2006 21:10

Royal Lady I disagree with those who said Harper was "missing" today - I thought he played well and made some important tackles and passes. I thought Convey was better than he has been but still not at his best, Lita though had flashes of brilliance is a greedy so-and-so and should have passed on quite a few occasions, Hahnemann's distribution is still shocking. Seol looked dead on his feet mid way through the second half, but prior to that made some excellent runs. Doyle worked tirelessly again imo, Murts played out of his skin today (hope he's not injured), Sidders has played better, Shorey was confident and Ivar was a brick. Thank you.

RL, that would match my summation exactly. Harper did a good bit of closing down etc

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 23 Sep 2006 21:12

Hahnemann 7 - Did very well apart from a few fumbbles.
Murty 7 - Solid performance and didn't make any mistakes.
Sonko 8 - Won everything in the air, and dominated their forwards. Ingimarsson 8 - Solid and didn't make any mistakes.
Shorey 7 Looks the part in the Premiership and defended solidly. Didn't get forward as much as usual but it is Man Utd so you dont wont to tire your self out.
Seol 8 - A great performance, some nice crosses and 1 of them lead to the penalty.
Sidwell 7 - Didn't have the ball much but made Man Utd have to pass the ball back and not run with it.
Harper 7 - Worked hard and ran his heart out.
Convey 7 - He had some good runs and crosses, he got back and defended aswell
Lita 7 Worked hard and had his best game of the season so far.
Doyle 7 - Worked hard, and did well to score after missing the penalty on tuesdays match

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 23 Sep 2006 21:13

Hahnemann: 7.5

Ingimarsson: 7

Murty: 6.5

Shorey: 7.5

Sonko: 8

Convey: 7

Harper: 7

Sidwell: 6.5

Seol: 8

Doyle: 7

Lita: 6

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 23 Sep 2006 21:17

I actually thought Murts was our MOTM, a real Captain's performance. Ok, could be partly blamed for Ronaldo's goal but i doubt many others could have done better to stop him scoring that. The whole defence had a rather solid game it has to be said, either catching Man Utd offside when trying the through balls or making them having to shoot long and either wide or high usually.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 23 Sep 2006 21:19

Harper is normally a "fetcher and carrier" in midfield. Today, of course, that role was extremely limited and he spent most of the game tracking runs and holding the midfield together in the absence of (the usually dominant) Sidwell.

I thought Harper played very well.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Sep 2006 21:21

Hahnemann 7
Murty 7
Shorey 8
Ingimarsson 8
Sonko 8
Seol 6
Convey 7
Harper 7
Sidwell 6
Doyle 6
Lita 7

Really enjoyed today, great defensive performance and I thought we were going to do it, I really did then ol greasy boy hit a good shot, the only one that didn't end up on the M4 from him.

United were the better side but you have to expect that, they've spent over £100million more than us, but they really lacked a goalscorer (Van Nistelrooy who would have had a hattrick today) Thought Scholes had a very good game, the way he creates space for himself is superb.

On a finaLOL note, United's massive and boisterous support was utter shite. The Ronaldo songs and UNITED was the only thing heard from them. Very average. We might not have an array of original songs but the NOISE was from the home ends today, no doubt about that. 8)

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 23 Sep 2006 21:23

I suspect that those at the game got a better sense of Harper's contribution than those of us who watched on TV. I'd be happy to upgrade my rating. Speaking of not being aware of players, I just saw an interview on the BBC with Carrick. It completely passed my notice that he was on the field!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Sep 2006 21:28

Arch I suspect that those at the game got a better sense of Harper's contribution than those of us who watched on TV. I'd be happy to upgrade my rating. Speaking of not being aware of players, I just saw an interview on the BBC with Carrick. It completely passed my notice that he was on the field!

A sheer waste of money. Carrick doesn't influence games, he's a neat passer but doesn't hurt you. Harper did as well as he was allowed against world class players. He got stuck in, was trying to be positive and did well.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Sep 2006 22:00

I too thought Murty was excellent today and would put him right up close to Sonko in our MOM stakes.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Sep 2006 22:13

Next on SS2 (Football First) - red button to access the match choice menu. Wonder what game to select :wink:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Sep 2006 23:04

I thought Heinze had a shocker - Seol made him look like a League 1 defender. Did you see his pathetic sliding tackles? On that basis giving Seol anything less than 6 is pretty damn stupid ... IMO.

I agree also with those that thought Harper did well - up against some of the best midfielders in the Prem our midfield stood up pretty well I thought - especially considering they had 3 in the middle (Fletcher, Scholes and Carrick).

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 23 Sep 2006 23:11

My personal opinion is that heinze should have seen two yellows and Seol should have got 1. That was definately a battle down that wing.

No idea why the ref was keeping them in his pocket though.

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 23 Sep 2006 23:19

Agree that Murty is up there with Sonks for MOTM - and this is backed by both MOTD and the Guardian online who both called him "excellent". Cant believe some of you only gave him 6 points!!!

There were a couple of times when he outpaced Man Utd players - what a ledge - plus his usual last minute saving tackles and surging runs forward. After all, his cross brought about the penalty.

Excellent match from the Murts I say.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 23 Sep 2006 23:23

How anyone could rate any of the defensive players less than a seven is silly, they were put under a lot of pressure and excelled.

Murty was superb for most of the game and was probably MOM.

Convey was superb and played very well considering his defensive duties were tested more and he rose to the task.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Sep 2006 23:45

Can't bothered to rate everyone but:

1) Murty - really thought he's struggle at this level but has been immense

2) Sidwell - I'm a big fan but today he was passed off the park, I'm sorry to say

3) Sonko - DOMINATION. The boy was top top drawer today. Well played lad.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 23 Sep 2006 23:50

considering Manure played 5 in midfield i thought Sidwell & Harper did ok, not brilliant but well above the average that is needed.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 23 Sep 2006 23:51

Murty, Sonko, Ingi, Shorey, Sidwell, Seol were all excellent for my money.

I think serious criticism has to be tempered with the knowledge we were playing one of the best teams around today. Yes, mistakes were made, players went missing at times - but seriously, the team performance couldn't have been much better today.

What an absolutely awesome effort. I've never, ever been so proud to be RFC.
:D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2006 23:57

RobRoyal Murty, Sonko, Ingi, Shorey, Sidwell, Seol were all excellent for my money.

I think serious criticism has to be tempered with the knowledge we were playing one of the best teams around today. Yes, mistakes were made, players went missing at times - but seriously, the team performance couldn't have been much better today.

What an absolutely awesome effort. I've never, ever been so proud to be RFC.
:D
Spot on

special mentions for Brynar and Hunty too......came on and did the job that was obviously asked of them.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 24 Sep 2006 00:19

Happy with them all to be honest. A bit more quality from Lita and Convey at times would be nice.

Sonko my MOTM - immense.

Ronaldo, Ferdinand and Scholes were very good I thought. Vidic was agricultural at times and pretty poor.