Oli Winton's View - a fair one I think

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 25 Sep 2006 23:31

reading_fan
alad
Platypuss Still struggling to think if more than 3 shots on target though. Please help.

I expected better from you. Your arguement is flawed. If a team dominates a game and has 10 shots go wide by an inch, yet the other team has 1 shot on target which team would you consider to have looked more threatening?

*The above stats are an example and do not reflect the game Saturday*

Correct alad, but you have to admit that many of the shots from Ronaldo (in particular) were speculative at best, particularly when flying high and wide over the bar - the weakest part of his game on Saturday I thought, in an otherwise very good performance from him

I agree, he had 3 poor shots that went either high or wide. That's the nature of shooting from 30 yards, players could get every shot on target if they were all tamely hit, but none would go in. He tested 'USA' in the first half with a stinging shot, and also from the free kick. He played well, but he's like that in every game. He was far from his best and didn't attack the full backs enough.

topfuller

by topfuller » 25 Sep 2006 23:32

Huntley & Palmer Have you been relegated to assistant fisherman? :wink:

Why oh why don't you all just ignore this child ? Why would a ManU fan popoulate this board? How sad, Why would a Reading fan post on a ManU board .. regularly ?.. They wouldn't

Let me guess, Alads over weight, single, can't get a girl, and been pushed around all his life.. so let post on an opposition board and act cocky as hell.. grow up boy.. but the saddest thing is you enjoy it .. you'll be telling us next that you live in Woodley.. Go back to AE where you belong. :D

Sam Tubber

by Sam Tubber » 25 Sep 2006 23:34

topfuller

Why oh why don't you all just ignore this child ? Why would a ManU fan popoulate this board? How sad, Why would a Reading fan post on a ManU board .. regularly ?.. They wouldn't

Let me guess, Alads over weight, single, can't get a girl, and been pushed around all his life.. so let post on an opposition board and act cocky as hell.. grow up boy.. but the saddest thing is you enjoy it .. you'll be telling us next that you live in Woodley.. Go back to AE where you belong. :D

Top FuLOLLOLer

topfuller

by topfuller » 25 Sep 2006 23:36

Sam Tubber
topfuller

Top FuLOLLOLer

Sorry are you his boyfriend ?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 25 Sep 2006 23:36

topfuller

over weight, single, can't get a girl, and been pushed around all his life..

Personal experience talking? :mrgreen:

topfuller

by topfuller » 25 Sep 2006 23:37

alad
topfuller

Got a nerve didnt I saddo

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Oli Winton's View - a fair one I think

by Big Ern » 25 Sep 2006 23:40

Garry Mann By Oli Winton - UO Reporter
Reading 1 - 1 United
United went to Reading expecting to win. Despite their very good home record United would not have felt threatened by the Premiership new-boys, and probably had a bit of a shock. Reading are a good team. Not good enough to take points off us, but good enough to with us not being at full strength and not performing to full capability. United had enough chances to win the match but ultimately the performance was not remotely satisfactory.

Going to a new stadium is always more exciting than just another trip to the same old places year after year. However, Reading might as well have been Boro, Sunderland, Derby, Southampton, Leicester or any other generic new stadium. Four stands, one tier, built near a motorway in fields with nothing else about, fans full of replica shirts, PA announcer getting far too excited, music when they score a goal and small time supporters.

Anyway, back to the match itself, the home support bored us with the same old ‘we support our local team’ and booing Ronaldo nonsense. Ronaldo, incidentally, was superb. His powerful free kick, mazy runs, sense of urgency, tricks that came off and low wipped in balls across the box provided United’s greatest threat. Every time he was booed he looked better, and the United fans gave him the usual defensive reaction, cheering him on and winding up the home Ingerlund fans with Portugal chants.

A special mention must go to Darren Fletcher, so often the recipient of unwarranted abuse. He ran his heart out today and made a tackle in the first half in the opposition box that was simply sensational. He worked tirelessly all day doing a role that went unnoticed but was of huge importance. Other players did not perform so well though, his midfield partner Michael Carrick being one of them.

The second half started badly. A penalty given to Reading a minute from kick off, for alleged handball by Gary Neville in the box. It was never intentional and his arm was by his side; a crazy decision. Doyle, a boyhood United fan, stepped up and just squeezed the ball in. Lucky lucky lucky.

United suddenly woke up. It is almost comical and disgraceful that it takes going a goal down to add some urgency and fight. Almost at will United were spurred into action and it only took a few moments between Richardson missed an absolute sitter. Fortunately ego boy was taken off straight after. The only saving grace of Richardon’s miss was that Rooney made it. It signalled a change to the boy wonder and gave him confidence to take men on and produce chances again. He was fantastic for the last 25 minutes and played a role in the Scholes deflected shot that somehow did not go in. Ronaldo again played a great role is this chance too with his sheer persistence.

Finally the equaliser came; a solo effort from, of course, Ronaldo. For the remaining period of the game United camped in the opposition box, but no goal came. Reading will look back at a game in which they had no efforts on goal and only scored from a dubious penalty. United can look back at missed chances, the return to form of Rooney and the fitness of Heinze and Vidic. However, on a day when all United’s rivals and title challengers won, this was just not good enough.

Very subjective in his view points, and demonstartes the usual arrogant Man Utd views of 'we have a bigger stadium and more history so the 3 points are rightfully ours' . Also, this entire thread is just another of RA's tedious fishing trips.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 25 Sep 2006 23:42

topfuller
alad
topfuller

If you say so, seeing as I know H&P personally we can have a little laugh at your bitter comments :mrgreen:

topfuller

by topfuller » 25 Sep 2006 23:44

alad
topfuller
alad
topfuller

If you say so, seeing as I know H&P personally we can have a little laugh at your bitter comments :mrgreen:

That took some time to dream up :roll:

topfuller

by topfuller » 25 Sep 2006 23:48

Pm'ing me with 'Bitter old man' just doesnt work ..saddo

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 25 Sep 2006 23:50

topfuller Pm'ing me with 'Bitter old man' just doesnt work ..saddo

I'm off to attempt suicide with a sandwich bag, back in abit (if I bottle it) :mrgreen:
Last edited by alad on 26 Sep 2006 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

topfuller

by topfuller » 25 Sep 2006 23:55

alad
topfuller Pm'ing me with 'Bitter old man' just doesnt work ..saddo

:mrgreen:

Go back to your pies :mrgreen:

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 25 Sep 2006 23:56

The report is crap and biased, but why do we care? He's a MU fan writing for MU fans, not a broadsheet journalist supposed to be impartial. It's natural to see things in the best light for your team. The HNA reports are probably not completely impartial either, but I don't care, as a Reading fan I like reading them.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 26 Sep 2006 01:21

Oli Winton is SDR

Can I have my £5 now?

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 26 Sep 2006 02:18

Reading 1 - 1 United
[....]Reading are a good team. Not good enough to take points off us, [...]

Oops, got that one wrong then Oli..

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Sep 2006 03:23

Reading 1 - 1 United
United went to Reading expecting to win. Despite their very good home record United would not have felt threatened by the Premiership new-boys, and probably had a bit of a shock. Reading are a good team. Not good enough to take points off us, but good enough to with us not being at full strength and not performing to full capability. United had enough chances to win the match but ultimately the performance was not remotely satisfactory.

Going to a new stadium is always more exciting than just another trip to the same old places year after year. However, Reading might as well have been Boro, Sunderland, Derby, Southampton, Leicester or any other generic new stadium. Four stands, one tier, built near a motorway in fields with nothing else about, fans full of replica shirts, PA announcer getting far too excited, music when they score a goal and small time supporters.

Anyway, back to the match itself, the home support bored us with the same old ‘we support our local team’ and booing Ronaldo nonsense. Ronaldo, incidentally, was superb. His powerful free kick, mazy runs, sense of urgency, tricks that came off and low wipped in balls across the box provided United’s greatest threat. Every time he was booed he looked better, and the United fans gave him the usual defensive reaction, cheering him on and winding up the home Ingerlund fans with Portugal chants.

A special mention must go to Darren Fletcher, so often the recipient of unwarranted abuse. He ran his heart out today and made a tackle in the first half in the opposition box that was simply sensational. He worked tirelessly all day doing a role that went unnoticed but was of huge importance. Other players did not perform so well though, his midfield partner Michael Carrick being one of them.

The second half started badly. A penalty given to Reading a minute from kick off, for alleged handball by Gary Neville in the box. It was never intentional and his arm was by his side; a crazy decision. Doyle, a boyhood United fan, stepped up and just squeezed the ball in. Lucky lucky lucky.

United suddenly woke up. It is almost comical and disgraceful that it takes going a goal down to add some urgency and fight. Almost at will United were spurred into action and it only took a few moments between Richardson missed an absolute sitter. Fortunately ego boy was taken off straight after. The only saving grace of Richardon’s miss was that Rooney made it. It signalled a change to the boy wonder and gave him confidence to take men on and produce chances again. He was fantastic for the last 25 minutes and played a role in the Scholes deflected shot that somehow did not go in. Ronaldo again played a great role is this chance too with his sheer persistence.

Finally the equaliser came; a solo effort from, of course, Ronaldo. For the remaining period of the game United camped in the opposition box, but no goal came. Reading will look back at a game in which they had no efforts on goal and only scored from a dubious penalty. United can look back at missed chances, the return to form of Rooney and the fitness of Heinze and Vidic. However, on a day when all United’s rivals and title challengers won, this was just not good enough.

Sounds like a right arrogant c*nt to me.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 26 Sep 2006 08:32

Oli Winton is bitter. Oli Winton thought it would be clever to wear his Man U shirt in the East Stand.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 26 Sep 2006 08:54

Skin Oli Winton is bitter. Oli Winton thought it would be clever to wear his Man U shirt in the East Stand.

or was it Alad??

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 26 Sep 2006 09:09

[quote="Oli Winton"]By Oli Winton - UO Reporter
Reading 1 - 1 United
Im a man Utd fan in Surrey, i like prawn sandwiches, Man Utd cannot do wrong, how we drew is beneath us, we will wipe Reading off the face of the earth when they come to our gaff, but i can't get tickets. We've seen everything, and beaten everyone, when we sing "Portugal" we're really clever by slandering our home nation
quote]

working class hero

by working class hero » 26 Sep 2006 09:45

Frankly I don't see what folk are cribbing at. Our stadium is - as he says - a generic 'off the peg' model set in an area near the M4. It is of course also superb with great views.

Our support was good [not as impressive as against City imho] - but yes lots wore shirts with hoops [I did]. So what? Our chants were not original - but theirs were hardly better.

MU did have more possession - and lots more shots. However, I felt that having gone up it was a case of 2 points lost rather than 1 point won....
Sadly for them several stars played like idiots and the shooting was abysmal. It is also fair that the penalty was soft. I reckon that after the ball passed our man it was a case of ball to arm and no chance to get out of the way.
I think in all fairness we would have all been raging if it had been given the other way! The bloke behind conveniently forgot all this as he screamed about the ref being an MU fan! He may like to ruminate on this as he mucks out his pigs [ooooo arrrhhhh]

Why get het up about a report from an opposition fan? It had a degree of bias and some fairness [booing Ronaldo is daft - it seems to gee him up and it is better to ignore a spoiled child]. I look forward to the report when we go one step better and get our first win at Old Trafford later this season.

Don't be defensive - we are playing well and we need to boast about the lads' attitude and skill.