6.5 million loss!!!!

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

by Hemenbruff Royal » 30 Nov 2006 19:52

He owns the entire cake; how it's sliced up between debt and equity makes no difference to the size of the cake nor his share (which is 100% of the cake)

I don't care about the money, I want to know more about this massive cake Mr Mad owns. Do you think he displays it behind a large glass window in his gym next that red Ferrari.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 30 Nov 2006 20:12

tuss.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 30 Nov 2006 20:13

why have these so called losses not been reported by our local media, if its true surely it is a newsworthy story

Lukewarm Lager

by Lukewarm Lager » 30 Nov 2006 20:15

Forbury Lion
Y26 Does the loss of 6.5 million include the costs of building the extension to the hotel?
No, that would have been capitalised as an asset, not affecting profit and loss, only cashflow.

Excluding the chunk of depreciation of course.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Nov 2006 20:22

What many people seem to be misunderstanding is the interest return factor that the payments have resulted in.

His payments to the club have to be offset against outgoing assets dissolved from the real estate value of tenancy shares (or not as the case may be). It's no surprise that with the current interest rates the saleable percentage of the desired sum is roughly £4.5million - this year alone!

If we take this away from an average recuperance of £800,000 per year (plus or minus the instability gap margin) it relocates the assets of forced income to the square root of the ticket prices (per 10,000 assuming we're close to full capacity every game).

The simplest of econonical analyses can be applied to the resulting dividend value of gross difference, scaleable to a factor of 13. That is to say, if we take the current FTSE and the interest rates at present, and apply the above to the AGC (annual growth coefficient) we get a value of around 36.244. Not too bad, I'm sure most of you with even the most elementary of business knowledge will agree!

In other words, of the 74% of the payback rent to John Madejski, the DOW-JONES index manipulator sees that even if we lose all our remaining games the net imbalance multiplier sees that we may not be in such a bad state, thanks to tax relief at the present rate of unitary consistency benefits.

I just thought I'd simplify it as everyone seems to be getting confused. In summary, it doesn't matter whether you understand it all or not. The fact is we're doing oxf*rd well having spent oxf*rd all and we have a lot to thank the Madman for.

Y25

by Y25 » 30 Nov 2006 20:29

pocket money 8)

We'll get £40 big ones from Sky nxt year

Jim-Bob

by Jim-Bob » 01 Dec 2006 00:15

I'm glad you put that in such simple terms that even a complete idiot like me could understand. I see just how simple it was now. Thanks 2WW,1WC Well guys, end of .... :lol:

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 01 Dec 2006 10:25

don't forget if it wasn't for jonny M we would be playing in didcot right now cheering on the thames valley royals.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 01 Dec 2006 13:48

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. don't forget if it wasn't for jonny M we would be playing in didcot right now cheering on the thames valley royals.

Er ,no. That was Roger Smee about 8 years before JM took over

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Dec 2006 14:01

2 world wars, 1 world cup What many people seem to be misunderstanding is the interest return factor that the payments have resulted in.

His payments to the club have to be offset against outgoing assets dissolved from the real estate value of tenancy shares (or not as the case may be). It's no surprise that with the current interest rates the saleable percentage of the desired sum is roughly £4.5million - this year alone!

If we take this away from an average recuperance of £800,000 per year (plus or minus the instability gap margin) it relocates the assets of forced income to the square root of the ticket prices (per 10,000 assuming we're close to full capacity every game).

The simplest of econonical analyses can be applied to the resulting dividend value of gross difference, scaleable to a factor of 13. That is to say, if we take the current FTSE and the interest rates at present, and apply the above to the AGC (annual growth coefficient) we get a value of around 36.244. Not too bad, I'm sure most of you with even the most elementary of business knowledge will agree!

In other words, of the 74% of the payback rent to John Madejski, the DOW-JONES index manipulator sees that even if we lose all our remaining games the net imbalance multiplier sees that we may not be in such a bad state, thanks to tax relief at the present rate of unitary consistency benefits.

I just thought I'd simplify it as everyone seems to be getting confused. In summary, it doesn't matter whether you understand it all or not. The fact is we're doing oxf*rd well having spent oxf*rd all and we have a lot to thank the Madman for.

You what?

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: 6.5 million loss!!!!

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 01 Dec 2006 14:06

RoyalBlue
Nick Shorey my Lord!
Whilst company accounts are public knowledge, I'm pretty sure that posting the credit score is private. You may want to adjust your post.

I thought credit scores were available to any organistion/business prepared to pay the fee to get them?

Correct. My point being this site hasn't paid for them nor did the originating poster.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 04 Dec 2006 15:44

Top Flight
2 world wars, 1 world cup What many people seem to be misunderstanding is the interest return factor that the payments have resulted in.

You what?

Could you please explain what you mean by the following:

"Unitary consistency benefits"
"Net imbalance multiplier"

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Aug 2010 16:19

sawyers left arm Had the accounts today and that is the loss for last year. I find this astounding but what is more incredible is the £18,000 the chairman received for the use of the training ground. Laughable! This man is touted as the hero of Reading but looking at things like that just reminds me that he is in fact a BUSINESS MAN and don't forget it!

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re:

by Z175 » 17 Aug 2010 18:11

brilliant

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re:

by Handsome Man » 17 Aug 2010 18:17

Top Flight
Top Flight

You what?

Could you please explain what you mean by the following:

"Unitary consistency benefits"
"Net imbalance multiplier"

Absolutely textbook bit of thread killing there.

By me!

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 17 Aug 2010 22:04

No surprise really and compared to most clubs in the Chapionship this is probably quite good.
Having said that its one of the reasons I decided not to bother with a seasom ticket .Its really sad to think that your money will never end up improving the team.
Kind of hard to get motivated to go to any football these days. Sad state of affairs but unfortunately its a sign of the hard times we live in.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 17 Aug 2010 22:17

Royal Rebel No surprise really and compared to most clubs in the Chapionship this is probably quite good.
Having said that its one of the reasons I decided not to bother with a seasom ticket .Its really sad to think that your money will never end up improving the team.
Kind of hard to get motivated to go to any football these days. Sad state of affairs but unfortunately its a sign of the hard times we live in.

Ah, but did you renew in 2005? :)

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 17 Aug 2010 22:44

sawyers left arm Had the accounts today and that is the loss for last year. I find this astounding but what is more incredible is the £18,000 the chairman received for the use of the training ground. Laughable! This man is touted as the hero of Reading but looking at things like that just reminds me that he is in fact a BUSINESS MAN and don't forget it!

I think you need to get a grip sawyers, you don't seem to understand how the world goes round. Anyway, that doesn't sound much to me. I'm sure a years rent elsewhere for a facility of an inferior standard would cost a bit more if the club had to go elsewhere. How much rent was paid for Coombe Manor (or whatever it was called) a few years back, and that WAS basic.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 17 Aug 2010 23:43

Royal Rebel said:

Unless this is some kind of wind up, I'd say you sound depressed mate.

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 17 Aug 2010 23:49

Nick Shorey my Lord!
poohs pure

here are the latest set of brief accounts on our works internet search jobber

Company Reg No: 03889049
Company Name: THE READING FOOTBALL CLUB (HOLDINGS) PLC
Registered Address: MADEJSKI STADIUM
JUNCTION 11 M4
READING

RG2 0FL
Telephone No:
Date of Incorporation: 06/12/1999
Parent Company:
Parent Company Reg No:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type of Company:
Principal Activities: A group engaged in the operation of a football club and the provision of hotel and leisure related facilities.
Sic Codes: Operation OF sports arenas AND stadiums
Licensed hotels AND motels

Credit Score: 47
CCJ Flag: N
Company Secretary: BRYAN STABLER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company Directors: IAN MICHAEL WOOD SMITH
ROBERT JOHN MADEJSKI

Date of accounts: 30/06/2005 30/06/2004 30/06/2003

No of weeks: 52 52 52

No of employees: 438 391 403

('000) ('000) ('000)

Total sales: 15118 15590 14903

Pre tax profit: -4,554 -1,856 -1,616

Fixed assets: 47,110 47,138 47,810

Current assets: 2,841 2,667 2,476

Net assets: 13,392 17,499 19,173

Long term liabilities: 15,776 15,329 15,146

Current liabilities: 36,559 32,306 31,113

Net worth: -5,102 -403 1,055

all amounts are in Pounds Sterling (GBP )

and the fc ltd

company details
Company Reg No: 00053703
Company Name: THE READING FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
Trading Address: Madejski Stadium
Junction 11 M4
Reading
RG2 0FL
Telephone No: 01189681100
Date of Incorporation: 11/08/1897
Parent Company: THE READING FOOTBALL CLUB (HOLDINGS) PLC
Parent Company Reg No: 03889049

Type of Company:
Principal Activities: A professional Football League club.
Sic Codes: Other sporting activities NOT elsewhere classified

Credit Score: removed
CCJ Flag: removed
Company Secretary: BRYAN STABLER

Company Directors: IAN MICHAEL WOOD SMITH
ROBERT JOHN MADEJSKI

Date of accounts: 30/06/2005 30/06/2004 30/06/2003

No of weeks: 52 52 52

No of employees: 335 290 308

('000) ('000) ('000)

Total sales: 9915 10500 10187

Pre tax profit: -5,039 -2,238 -1,832

Fixed assets: 31,297 30,775 30,816

Current assets: 5,508 6,007 5,856

Net assets: 14,449 19,041 21,085

Long term liabilities: 30,394 29,946 29,753

Current liabilities: 22,356 17,741 15,587

Net worth: -17,215 -11,932 -9,994

all amounts are in Pounds Sterling (GBP )

as you can see the year end is June (which would make sense as the seasons ends in may) so not sure what accounts you have now??

Whilst company accounts are public knowledge, I'm pretty sure that posting the credit score is private. You may want to adjust your post.

someones getting sacked in the morning.....and its not sir john!!!