Fog

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 21 Dec 2006 14:35

Tony Le Mesmer
Royal With Cheese
susieroyal
Tony Le Mesmer
Warfield Royal When the Liverpool v Arsenal match was postponed was it solely down to the Referee?

Does anyone know of any rules are guidelines for a match to be postponed due to fog and does the Premier League have their own rules?

How bad should visibility be before YOU as a spectator would want the match postponed?

For a one off match affected by fog I would be happy as long as I could see 1 goal and half the pitch.

For fog the ref has to be able to see both goals from the Centre Spot.

I was at Tranmere in 1990 when you couldnt see the other end. It was great fun convinving the fans at the other end we were 1 0 up! It finished 0-0 apparentlly

I was at that game! A bizarre watching football when you cant see the whole pitch!

I was there too. I must know you.

On the count of 3 we all start cheering, run around a bit, & then chant "1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0..." That should fool em.

Happy days :?

The hero of that night was Percy Shaw.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Dec 2006 14:41

Uncle Andy
Tony Le Mesmer
Royal With Cheese
susieroyal
Tony Le Mesmer
Warfield Royal When the Liverpool v Arsenal match was postponed was it solely down to the Referee?

Does anyone know of any rules are guidelines for a match to be postponed due to fog and does the Premier League have their own rules?

How bad should visibility be before YOU as a spectator would want the match postponed?

For a one off match affected by fog I would be happy as long as I could see 1 goal and half the pitch.

I was at Tranmere in 1990 when you couldnt see the other end. It was great fun convinving the fans at the other end we were 1 0 up! It finished 0-0 apparentlly

I was at that game! A bizarre watching football when you cant see the whole pitch!

On the count of 3 we all start cheering, run around a bit, & then chant "1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0..." That should fool em.

Were you there? I must know you.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 21 Dec 2006 14:42

Pridders I have just had a look on google earth and the Madstad looks clear of any fog at the moment.. Fingers crossed it stays that way for sat..

LOL

:wink:

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 21 Dec 2006 14:43

Royal With Cheese
Uncle Andy
Tony Le Mesmer
Royal With Cheese
susieroyal
Tony Le Mesmer

Maybe I was - maybe I wasn't !?!?!?!

Maybe you do - maybe you don't !?!?!?!

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 21 Dec 2006 14:44

Pridders I have just had a look on google earth and the Madstad looks clear of any fog at the moment.. Fingers crossed it stays that way for sat..

LOL

:wink:

I'm going to cancel my Sky Sports subscription. How easy is it to zoom in during matches?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Dec 2006 14:44

I just had a look at the City of Manchester Stadium on Google Earth as we are playing there in a few weeks time and it doesn't appear to be built yet. It is a construction site with cranes in place!

Maine Road is still there so maybe we are playing there!

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 21 Dec 2006 14:46

Pridders
Stranded

Isn't the image on there about six months old?

Real time i belive, give me the post code of where you are now, go outside and wave up in the air, I'll zoom in and do a 'Print Scrn' then post it on here. (dont worry i'll blur your face out)

Hmmm, no, it's not as at this moment my house is shrouded in fog, whereas on Google Earth it isn't, seems to be summer actually.

WSRL

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 21 Dec 2006 14:48

Thinking about it, the Mad Stad is normally quite breezy... surely the fog should blow away. Being as there are no surrounding wind shields.

Failing that we could take a portable fan each...

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 21 Dec 2006 14:51

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Thinking about it, the Mad Stad is normally quite breezy... surely the fog should blow away. Being as there are no surrounding wind shields.

But if we all did that on all four sides of the ground the fog would surely just stay there.

It needs to be organised so that the occupants of just one stand take portable fans to blow it away.

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 21 Dec 2006 14:52

Uncle Andy
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Thinking about it, the Mad Stad is normally quite breezy... surely the fog should blow away. Being as there are no surrounding wind shields.

But if we all did that on all four sides of the ground the fog would surely just stay there.

It needs to be organised so that the occupants of just one stand take portable fans to blow it away.

Use them in reverse :wink:

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 21 Dec 2006 14:57

Uncle Andy

Use them in reverse :wink:

Genius :idea: - use them to suck the fog out of all four sides.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 21 Dec 2006 14:58

Time to turn this baby on

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Dec 2006 15:11

If the fans can't see the pitch then the game should be postponed.

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 21 Dec 2006 15:13

That Friday Feeling Time to turn this baby on

Looks like it's time to buy them heavy collars so that the dogs don't get blown away...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 Dec 2006 15:21

RG30 Reading Vs Leicester, abandoned at Half Time?

I've never been so happy that a game was called off before in my life. I had only finished partying a few hours beforehand and was on a major comedown. It hurt to sit still, let alone move anywhere.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Dec 2006 15:21

Uncle Andy
Royal With Cheese
Uncle Andy
Tony Le Mesmer
Royal With Cheese
susieroyal
Tony Le Mesmer

Maybe I was - maybe I wasn't !?!?!?!

Maybe you do - maybe you don't !?!?!?!

Yes you was and yes I do. Busy day at the Pru then?

Frustrated_Royal

by Frustrated_Royal » 21 Dec 2006 15:29

Foggy (pictured right)...

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Dec 2006 15:32

Frustrated_Royal Foggy (pictured right)...

Thats Clegg, Foggy is in the centre.........God with and the Genesis thread no-one is going believe I'm 23 anymore.....not even my wife!! :oops:

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 21 Dec 2006 15:36

Royal With Cheese [
Yes you was and yes I do. Busy day at the Pru then?

Quite dull actually - a bit upset nobody has asked who Percy Shaw is as well !!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Dec 2006 15:41

Silver Fox
RoyalBlue Also don't forget that, unless they rely totally on sound, the assistants also have to be able to see when the ball was last played in order to make judgements on offside.

I thought they just guessed?

Do they? Damn, that's why I find it so hard running the line at my son's matches!! Shouldn't be trying to do the job properly.

Mind you, it is as quiet as an average Chelsea home game so I can usually hear the contact with the ball! :wink: