Next season-ins and outs

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 18 Apr 2007 21:48

will be good to go out on loan next season to a championship side to get some more first team experiance but i do hope that we keep him in the future as i think he is going to be a great prospect.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 Apr 2007 22:02

Behindu
weybridgewanderer
the difference being most of them had 2 or 3 seasons to "bed in"

the next "bargain" will need to hit the ground running, look at the abuse Seol has had this season

Fair pont, but I think the list of big money players that have not settled instantly (or at all) is pretty extensive (Shevchenko, Ballack, Wright-Phillips, Mutu, Crespo, Veron just to pick on Chelsea !!). I think it's about picking the right players rather than splashing large sums of cash, but we would certainly suffer if it took our key signings too long to become part of the Family....

One of chelsea previous big money players that never secured a first team position and moved on was Scott Parker. Parker to Newcastle United on June 15, 2005 for a fee of £6.5m. Not exactly peanuts.

Would we really pay a "shaun wright philips" type player money that we wouldn't pay Sidwell?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 18 Apr 2007 22:13

Captain Sinbad Striker - anybody see Luton Shelton last night against manure? If we could prise him off Colin, he's be a good addition while Longy is on loan.

:shock:

Not a chance in hell of that ever happening. He cost Blades nearly 2m and looks very very promising.

royalsteve

Re: Next season-ins and outs

by royalsteve » 18 Apr 2007 23:03

lovetoscore Who would you keep and who would you release in the summer? If it was me in charge....

Keep-Usa,Fed,Murts,Shorey,de la cruz,halford,golbourne,Ivar,Sonks,Duberry,Pearce.

Little,Hunt,Convey,Bryn,osano

Lita,Kits,Doyle,long,Cox

Get rid-Halls,Bikey,sodje,Seoul,Harper (this should cause some controversy!)

Undecided-Bennet

We are going to need a quality centreback,2 central midfielders and another right winger. If we finish where we are now there should be some cash in the kitty-unfortunately if we don't pay premiership wages (like we should have paid sidwell to keep him) we will get championship standard players

over to you

Keep
Usa
Fed
Murts
de la cruz
Ivar
Sonks
Little
Hunt
Convey
Bryn - for another year
Lita
Kits
Doyle - problem is, if he does as well next season - i reckon he'll be off
long - loan him out to get experience
Cox - loan him out to get experience
Harper
Bikey - RFC will buy - 1.5m isnt much for a players these days and whilst he is rough around the edges, Coppell seems to be able to smooth the rough edges of alot of seemingly ordinary players
halford - we'll we have to given the amount paid!
Seoul - has talent but doesnt apply it. I am a critic but who knows maybe he will come good next season. Remember Glen Little, Sonko, Convey, Kitson were pretty rubbish in their first few games.

Get rid
Halls - what has he done?
sodje - not prem class
Duberry - past it
Stack - cant even get into the first team at Leeds! (ok, he was but got injured but now cant get back in)

Will Leave of their own accord
Oster - he could fit into most championship sides. I would rather keep him but reckon he will go of his own accord.
Sidwell - he will go, no doubts about that
Shorey - reckon he will be snapped up for a biggish fee (£6m+)

Undecided
Bennet
osano
golbourne
Pearce - but seems to be doing a good job for Northampton
Brown

Will require - at least
a centreback (Bikke could do it, but we need experience now)
2 central midfielders
a right-back
a left back, if Shorey goes

agree re: wages.....we will only attract lower league players, maybe some prem has beens or possible quality players from less attractive footy leagues in ie. Russia, USA!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 19 Apr 2007 08:34

Wycombe Royal I can't wait for the close season on here. It's going to be fun.

Again.......

Oh ye of little faith! Are you suggesting that there might be a dose of stupid and off the wall discussion due to lack of action on the pitch - what a dreadful thought!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next season-ins and outs

by brendywendy » 19 Apr 2007 10:49

Get rid-Halls,Bikey,sodje,Seoul,Harper (this should cause some controversy!)

Undecided-Bennet

We are going to need a quality centreback,2 central midfielders and another right winger. If we finish where we are now there should be some cash in the kitty-unfortunately if we don't pay premiership wages (like we should have paid sidwell to keep him) we will get championship standard players

over to you[/quote]

you, sir, are, an , idiot.

harpers going nowhere, and he'll show exactly why he is here once sidwell goes, he isnt a defensive midfielder, but is forced to share those duties with stevie(couldnt hit a barn door wuith a very large banjo)sidwell so he can shoot at the corner flag and row Z all the time.

seol is technically the best player at reading, and can be fantastic, plus think of all those korean shirt sales, and profile building etc

sodje ok, i probably agree, though he has done very well at west brom, and they seem keen on keeping him for a possible prem campaign

halls agree, though he hasnt had much of a chance, and he looked assured for th ereserves the other night

same for bennet

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2007 11:55

We clearly need to lose a few defenders.

I see Duberry, Halls, Brown, and maybe a couple of the youngsters going.

Bikey, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Bennett, and Pearce staying of the CB's with probably one other coming in.

Murty, Halford, Shorey and Golbourne staying with either DLC staying or a new LB coming in and him going.

Other than that, we need to replace Sidwell should he go and probably bring in one other on top.

Depending on Convey we may need a new left winger. I think Oster will go, though I'd like to see him stay another year. Depending on Little's fitness we may well need another right winger too.

Upfront I think we're ok on the whole. A new Kitsonesque player wouldn't go amiss though. Other than that we arn't desperate for anything IMO.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 19 Apr 2007 12:07

pretty much to the point what i said.... well said!

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 19 Apr 2007 12:14

Ian Royal We clearly need to lose a few defenders.

Bikey, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Bennett, and Pearce staying of the CB's with probably one other coming in.

Murty, Halford, Shorey and Golbourne staying with either DLC staying or a new LB coming in and him going.

Other than that, we need to replace Sidwell should he go and probably bring in one other on top.

Depending on Convey we may need a new left winger. I think Oster will go, though I'd like to see him stay another year. Depending on Little's fitness we may well need another right winger too.

Upfront I think we're ok on the whole. A new Kitsonesque player wouldn't go amiss though. Other than that we arn't desperate for anything IMO.

Why would we sell Duberry when we only just signed him for 800,000? We'll keep him.

I would imagine that the following will go

Sidwell
Halss
Mate
Sodje
Osano
Aaron Brown
Janathan Hayes
Simon Cox
Oster (if another club comes in)
DLC is a possible
Stack

so that will leave the following
Hahnemann, Federici, Murty, Halford, Duberry, Bikey, Sonko, Bennett, Ingimarrsson, Shorey, Harper, Gunnarsson, Hunt, Little, Seol, Convey, Kitson, Long, Lita, Doyle. Which equals 20 I also reckon that Golbourne Pearce and Henry will come into the reckoning.

I reckon we'll sign a pacy versatile winger (Conveys injury worries me and Little is getting on a bit) two midfielders (a Sidwell replacement and an impact player) and left back cover for Shorey (particulary if DLC does move on). So that will take us to 24 - which is about right.....

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 19 Apr 2007 12:17

Coppell is after a settled squad, and it wouldn't surprise me if all the players who have played in the Prem games (bar Sidwell) are still with the club at the beginning of next season.

Sodje will probably go to WBA, Oster may leave (SC may give him the option to leave if anyone comes in for him), and Long may go out on loan (again depends what is on offer). I think DLC has done enough to be retained, Halls given more time and Duberry retained for experience.

Suspect some of the younger squad members will be let go but this year I think that the emphasis will be on strengthening the squad - our 'first 11' are starting to look a bit jaded at this point in the season.

Top priority has to be centre midfield, maybe looking abroad for somebody? Also I would not be at all surprised if we raided some of the clubs that get relegated - Bouazza, Jagielka, Zamora for example. If Charlton go down Darren Bent would be nice :D but I won't hold my breath

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 19 Apr 2007 12:42

Bouazza cant finish for love nor money, i think that would be a step back to what we already have in the squad

jagielka would be a good addition but I think there would b alot of clubs after him i Sheffield went down with good old colin

I wouldnt want to see Zamora at the club a in the past has had the oppotunity to come in but almost turned his nose up at us, but i could see coppell bringing him in as it seems he sees something in him

reo coker would be good, coppell would control his seemingly "attitude", either of Charltons Bents would give us further options upfront, but a player i have watched a few times and seems to have a really good future is Priskin for Watford! I think hes 22, strong with good skill on the floor ad not afraid to run at people

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 19 Apr 2007 13:01

I know everyone will take the piss out of me but I would like to see our Scandinavian, Oz, European scouts pull something out of the bag. Nuremburg have Deutmeur Harman playing for them who is getting not much play but is only around 20 - a centre forward in the Kits mould and is class. Basically sign any Scandinavian centre backs and no, please no, any Oz players.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Apr 2007 14:50

The whole year inn
Captain Sinbad Striker - anybody see Luton Shelton last night against manure? If we could prise him off Colin, he's be a good addition while Longy is on loan.

Not a chance in hell of that ever happening. He cost Blades nearly 2m and looks very very promising.

if they get relegated, and someone comes in offering 5M+ theres more than a chance, if its a big club paying big wages the boy will be off

Jase_Royals

by Jase_Royals » 19 Apr 2007 15:28

brendywendy
The whole year inn

if they get relegated, and someone comes in offering 5M+ theres more than a chance, if its a big club paying big wages the boy will be off

Personally i cant see anyone taking a gamble on him after one decent performance against Man U! who might i add happened to be without Vidic and Rio at the back. Could do with a season atleast to prove himself before anyone comes in splashing that amount on him!!

Reading West

by Reading West » 19 Apr 2007 15:30

I wouldn't mind Zamora here next season, next season is going to be very tough for our strikers the suprise element of this season will be gone for Doyle & Lita, Kitson has still to prove himself at this level(so too to some extent does Lita and Doyle) and Long needs to be loaned out for a season, Zamora in the line up will mix things up a bit and he has scored 10 goals in the league this season in a struglling side.
The worst mistake I think we can make is if we don't think we need any new strikers(it's 6 games since a striker has scored for Reading), the other issue is the midfield creativity if Little is unfit, we will need someone that can add creativity to the side. I have no problems with defence, well covered.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Apr 2007 15:31

I wouldn't mind Zamora here next season

I would.

I really, really would.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2007 17:26

Only one Trevor Morley
Ian Royal We clearly need to lose a few defenders.

Why would we sell Duberry when we only just signed him for 800,000? We'll keep him.

I would imagine that the following will go

Sidwell
Halss
Mate
Sodje
Osano
Aaron Brown
Janathan Hayes
Simon Cox
Oster (if another club comes in)
DLC is a possible
Stack

so that will leave the following
Hahnemann, Federici, Murty, Halford, Duberry, Bikey, Sonko, Bennett, Ingimarrsson, Shorey, Harper, Gunnarsson, Hunt, Little, Seol, Convey, Kitson, Long, Lita, Doyle. Which equals 20 I also reckon that Golbourne Pearce and Henry will come into the reckoning.

I reckon we'll sign a pacy versatile winger (Conveys injury worries me and Little is getting on a bit) two midfielders (a Sidwell replacement and an impact player) and left back cover for Shorey (particulary if DLC does move on). So that will take us to 24 - which is about right.....

We have a lot of centrebacks and we need to make room. He's getting on a bit and I expect we'll be looking to bring someone else in of superior quality if Sonks isn't going to be there for the start of the season.

We have Bennett who was bought for the future so he'll stay. Sodje will be off, Mate's supposdly being given a few months out of respect so he gets a chance. Brown is clearly on his way as he's done nothing with us for however long he's been here and we've moved beyond him. Plus the youth that is a lot of defenders

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 19 Apr 2007 17:31

Ian Royal [Brown is clearly on his way as he's done nothing with us for however long he's been here and we've moved beyond him. Plus the youth that is a lot of defenders

To be fair he has been injured the whole time bar a short spell on loan at Bournemouth. He is still recuperating....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2007 17:35

Behindu
Ian Royal [Brown is clearly on his way as he's done nothing with us for however long he's been here and we've moved beyond him. Plus the youth that is a lot of defenders

To be fair he has been injured the whole time bar a short spell on loan at Bournemouth. He is still recuperating....

It's not his fault, but it just seems obvious to me that he's been unlucky and we've moved past the point where he is useful to us.

I fully expect him, Sodje and Duberry to be gone by the end of the next transfer window, with Mate leaving before the end of January, probably with Pearce.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 19 Apr 2007 17:48

Ian Royal
It's not his fault, but it just seems obvious to me that he's been unlucky and we've moved past the point where he is useful to us.

I fully expect him, Sodje and Duberry to be gone by the end of the next transfer window, with Mate leaving before the end of January, probably with Pearce.

I'd probably agree about Brown.

Way off the mark with Pearce though - he is going nowhere but the first team.