Back from the game

doyleisaroyal

Back from the game

by doyleisaroyal » 21 Apr 2007 18:23

Absolutely brilliant - I still can't believe them last 5-10 mins, unbelievable.
1995 has been truly dead and buried.

To be honest I don't think we actually played that well for 80-odd minutes but Sir Steve's inspired substitution to bring on Shane Long changed the game. The Bolton defenders couldn't get near him and he caused absolute havoc.

Bolton got exactly what they deserved. Even before the game they tried to "cheat" their way to victory by putting loads of water on the pitch 5 mins before the game in the hope that our players would slip around all over the place and it very nearly worked when Gunnarsson slipped in the first half on the edge of the box and Hahnemann had to make a good save from the Bolton shot. Then the Bolton fans got on Duberry's back for a challenge on Nolan right at the end of the first half and then turned on Hunt when he rightly went for the ball and Jaaskelainen had obviously been watching Diouf because, to say the least, made the most of the connection. Diouf finally got what was eventually coming to him in the fact he got injured when it looked as though nothing had happened (has he read about the boy that cried wolf?).

Doyle scores a cracking penaly with 5 mins left and then a fantastic Seol cross set Doyle up for his second, the finish was almost in slow motion and then fantastic play from Shorey sets up Hunt for an easy header.

Now only 3 points behind Bolton and Everton, will we be going on a European Tour????

URZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 21 Apr 2007 18:28

My mate said that long changed the game and good for him.

I hope it will be a european tour :lol: :lol: 8)

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 21 Apr 2007 18:35

Back from the game at 18:23 :shock:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Apr 2007 18:38

So you think watching MoTD will be worth it tonight then?!?!

Bet we get second to last billing with just the goals - still, don't give a sh!t! This is one HELL of a team of ours!!!

AND I won a signed match ball for being a p!ssed emotional old git!!!!

UURRRRRZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

(And thanks Reading107fm! :oops: )

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 21 Apr 2007 18:44

Shaka's Giant Hands Back from the game at 18:23 :shock:
Check the location.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 21 Apr 2007 18:45

Not everyone lives in Reading don't you know. Look at the location :shock:

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 21 Apr 2007 18:46

Only just crawled through the door. Love these localish games.
Make up for the London games I can't often make.

Crazy last 10 or so minutes! Another great day out and "We're all goin' on a European tour, a European tour, a European tour............"

8)

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 21 Apr 2007 18:47

Best result of the season for me. We've had some great results in a great season, but this one, against a Champions League-chasing team....awesome.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 21 Apr 2007 18:50

LOL @ the pillocks ringing in to 107 last week and moaning they don't get value for money!
Talk about taking this season for granted!
Where the f**k were you when we were sh*t, aye? :twisted:

bassavage

by bassavage » 21 Apr 2007 18:54

1-0 and you oxf*rd it up!!!!!!!!!!

There was also one oxf*rd of a Bolton fan who after Doyle's 2nd, decided to spit at a Reading fan.

Tosser.

dennis nelson

by dennis nelson » 21 Apr 2007 19:00

yeah, cos ALL Reading fans live in Reading right???

snigger, snigger,
mug

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 21 Apr 2007 19:29

We're on our way, we're on our way, we're going to Europe, we're on our way.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Apr 2007 19:48

Great win even if we did nick it but there was only 1 team out there today trying to play football. I'd like to hear Howard Webb's explaination of how Shorey got booked for a shirt tug (Diouf falling over, of course), yet Campo spends the whole game chopping people and escapes a booking. Not to mention Davies and Anelka constantly leading with the arm and their centre backs always pushing and climbing without once being penalised.

Thought Duberry and Doyle were excellent today and De La Cruz did well. Long gave us a real threat up front when he came on. Kitson was off the boil though and Oster has hardly strengthened his case for a regular start, very wasteful in possesion and kept running down blind alleys. Look out for Hunt's goal on MOTD, Shorey turned the full back inside out and put in a peach of a cross for our Irish trio queuing up.

Can't say I like to see players get injured but Bolton's three injuries were divine justice for the way they played in the first half.

Also, WTF was that nonsense with the blokes with the flags when they scored? Embarrassing doesn't begin to describe it. Quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen at a football match.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Apr 2007 20:01

From Despair To Where? Great win even if we did nick it but there was only 1 team out there today trying to play football. I'd like to hear Howard Webb's explaination of how Shorey got booked for a shirt tug (Diouf falling over, of course), yet Campo spends the whole game chopping people and escapes a booking. Not to mention Davies and Anelka constantly leading with the arm and their centre backs always pushing and climbing without once being penalised.

Thought Campo was suspended? Did you mean El Hadj Gobber?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 21 Apr 2007 20:03

In addition to the flags..."I feel good!" ffs

I bet they don't tonight sad oxf*rd

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 21 Apr 2007 20:03

Coppelled Streets ...... is this a level to much for the big fella?

I don't think so.
The service to the strikers from the wings has not been too good for a while now.
We are missing having four decent wingers available and some of the opposition have wised up to our game, esp. Liverpool, who showed us much respect and closed us down on the flanks.
Kitson continues to show really neat touches, but the goals have dried up as the chances have become fewer.
The one thing I'd like to see him add to his game is power headers from around the edge of the box, where the keeper can't get to him.
If Peter Crouch can learn how to do it, so can Kits.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Apr 2007 20:09

strap
From Despair To Where? Great win even if we did nick it but there was only 1 team out there today trying to play football. I'd like to hear Howard Webb's explaination of how Shorey got booked for a shirt tug (Diouf falling over, of course), yet Campo spends the whole game chopping people and escapes a booking. Not to mention Davies and Anelka constantly leading with the arm and their centre backs always pushing and climbing without once being penalised.

Thought Campo was suspended? Did you mean El Hadj Gobber?

You're right. I'm probably thinking of Temourian. I couldn't really tell who it was but asumed it was Campo partly because of the longish hair but mainly because he seemed to spend the whole game kicking people. Diouf didn't really kick anyone from what I could see, he just fell over a lot. Giving him the oxf*rd chant as he was carried off was probably a bit un-neccessary given that he was genuinely injured (although I gladly joined in) but there was a element of justice about it
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 21 Apr 2007 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 21 Apr 2007 20:17

Wonderbar.As mentioned earlier we were really below par for 80 mins and it was no surprise when Bloton took the 1 nil lead.Some idiots near me left(ha bloody ha and chortle).I have to admit to thinking I can see us being hit again before the 90 is up however.
Then the inspired Coppell move Shane Long on and he was a sensation.The guy transformed the game and the rest of the lads suddenly decided to start playing some football.Having converted the pen one could have been exused for thinking we might cling on to the draw.But oh no it was one way traffic and Bolton simply capitulated as our tails got bushier as the clock wound down.
The chant of "1 nil and you fcuked it up " resonanted around the Rebock albeit that most of their fans had already bu99ered orf!
95 firmly consigned to the dustbin of royals history.
To round it all off my fiver on the 3-1 more than paid for everything and its time to order that chicken phaal.Perfect.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Apr 2007 20:40

Coppelled Streets LOL @ the pillocks ringing in to 107 last week and moaning they don't get value for money!
Talk about taking this season for granted!
Where the f**k were you when we were sh*t, aye? :twisted:

Sadly, we've never been short of w@nkers and there were plenty complaining again today about how "lucky" we were :?

I agree this was up there with our best results of the season and anyone who can't see how "lucky" they are to be a part of this amazing success story will have no shortage of takers for their seats.

Next season for the same price? My renewal's in the post!!!

PS. Thanks for the reports
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 21 Apr 2007 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

bassavage

by bassavage » 21 Apr 2007 20:41

Bolton up to their dirty tricks again when Doyle was taking his penalty according to a caller on 6-0-6. I didn't see it but apparently Stelios was stood on the edge of the box and blew up a balloon and when Doyle was about to take the penalty, he popped it in the hope it would put him off.

No oxf*rd chance!