Greg Halford...

A1ndy

Greg Halford...

by A1ndy » 05 May 2007 19:15

Thought after watching him have his first full game for the Royals at the Madjeski he played very well, and looked a very promising player. Made a couple of powerful runs forward and crossing into the box from set pieces was very good aswell...

Other royals fans views on halford today?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 May 2007 19:17

did he use his big throws? If so did they go straight to the opposition and cause no problems?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 May 2007 19:17

I also thought Halford looked quality today - he used the ball well and looked strong in the tackle and generally class. He didn't really get much wrong at Spurs either to be fair, it's just a shame that he was given absolutely no defensive support by the ever-lazy Seol.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 05 May 2007 19:17

That probably sums him up.

And still has potential to improve as well.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 05 May 2007 19:18

Looked ok, but I hope De La Cruz is given a new 1 year deal, given Murty's run of injuries this season

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 05 May 2007 19:19

Royalee I also thought Halford looked quality today - he used the ball well and looked strong in the tackle and generally class. He didn't really get much wrong at Spurs either to be fair, it's just a shame that he was given absolutely no defensive support by the ever-lazy Seol.

Yawn

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 May 2007 19:19

Ian Royal did he use his big throws? If so did they go straight to the opposition and cause no problems?

Unfortunately not - it was frustrating because they'd have been a real danger with Kitson in the box. However, he took a few quality free kicks today - we have a new set piece taker to go with Shorey and we should let one of those two take corners as well.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 May 2007 19:19

Rich@Eaststand
Royalee I also thought Halford looked quality today - he used the ball well and looked strong in the tackle and generally class. He didn't really get much wrong at Spurs either to be fair, it's just a shame that he was given absolutely no defensive support by the ever-lazy Seol.

Yawn

Royalee would describe Ronaldo as lazy and slate him.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 05 May 2007 19:21

I thought he was better at Spurs.

He definitely has something, but like everyone else I'm not sure where his best position is, he should have closed down/tackled before the second goal and if there is any blame to be placed it was probably his fault.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 May 2007 19:22

Ian Royal
Rich@Eaststand

Yawn

I'll assume you think Wally Downes would do the same then seeing as he was constantly shouting at Seol throughout the first half to cover Halford and make himself available? You can add Dillon and Harper to that list as well while you're at it as they were all chipping in at him as well throughout.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 May 2007 19:27

Royalee
Ian Royal
Rich@Eaststand

Yawn

I'll assume you think Wally Downes would do the same then seeing as he was constantly shouting at Seol throughout the first half to cover Halford and make himself available? You can add Dillon and Harper to that list as well while you're at it as they were all chipping in at him as well throughout.

coaches shout instructions at players all game.

just because he isn't great defensively doesn't mean he is "ever-lazy"

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 May 2007 19:29

Ian Royal
Royalee
Ian Royal
Rich@Eaststand

Yawn

coaches shout instructions at players all game.

just because he isn't great defensively doesn't mean he is "ever-lazy"

James Harper isn't great defensively - he still chases players down and marks opponents though. You don't have to be very good at all defensively to attempt to cover a player as opposed to standing still.

Anyway, back to Halford, I hope he starts at Blackburn - it'd also be interesting to see him in midfield if possible.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 05 May 2007 19:46

Halford played very well today, should have closed down the attacker for goal number two. But the blame for it going in has to lie with Hahnemann, poor concentration from him.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 May 2007 19:47

I thought his long throws were pretty good today. Fast and accurate. Only problem being that they all went to Lita who, on today's form, couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Halford was the one big positive to come out of today.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 05 May 2007 19:53

does royalee ever criticise British born players???..or is he the racist oxf*rd we all supsect he really is?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 05 May 2007 19:56

Proper racists slag off Welsh and Scottish players well, like that no good, leek-sucking, daffodil munching, sheep-shagging Oster.

:wink:

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 05 May 2007 20:05

From Despair To Where? I thought his long throws were pretty good today. Fast and accurate. Only problem being that they all went to Lita who, on today's form, couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Halford was the one big positive to come out of today.

You're joking, right?

Extremely good game from Halford today. IMO the best player on the pitch (Duberry close second).

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 May 2007 20:12

Lita's first touch was poor today. Definitely suffered for having 2 weeks off. Fair enough, Shittu was tugging him all over the place but he never seemed to get the ball properly under control from the long throw. You did realise I was talking about Lita and not Halford, didn't you?

Daniella

by Daniella » 05 May 2007 20:13

Chaney does royalee ever criticise British born players???..or is he the racist oxf*rd we all supsect he really is?

:lol: :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 May 2007 20:33

From Despair To Where? Lita's first touch was poor today.

His first touch has been atrocious all season long.