If we were playing Wigan on Sunday

fallen angel

If we were playing Wigan on Sunday

by fallen angel » 12 May 2007 09:56

If we were mid table and we were playing Wigan and they needed a win to send West Ham down would we mind losing?there is no bigger Reading fan then me but....

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 May 2007 10:29

That's not the Coppell way.

Irvinchangeyaname

Re: If we were playing Wigan on Sunday

by Irvinchangeyaname » 12 May 2007 11:10

fallen angel If we were mid table and we were playing Wigan and they needed a win to send West Ham down would we mind losing?there is no bigger Reading fan then me but....

Yes.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 12 May 2007 11:21

I'd rather Wigan go down than West Ham.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 12 May 2007 11:21

obsessed. move on

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 May 2007 11:22

Who would pick a trip to Wigan next season over the short hop to east London?

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 12 May 2007 11:23

And surely the reason for hating Westham was Pardew. Now hes gone i couldn't care how they do.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 May 2007 11:33

The Pardew business was just a symptom of the reasons for hating West Ham. Yes he was lured away, but someone was still doing the luring.

For instance, Brooking is still there, and it's his underhand deviousness that is one of the real problems - whilst all the while being the sainted Sir Trevor to the media.

Also, witness the Tevez business, where there first response wasn't to come clean but to cover up the contract situation. Even now, when asked to clarify the contracts, their first response is to be slippery, underhand and evasive.

There's something rotten at the core of West Ham, and I for one would love to see them go down.

by 1960 » 12 May 2007 11:41

Be realistic and forget the long trip to Wigan. If West Ham stay up they are going to spend big and have a rejuvenated team and will do well. Wigan are always going to struggle. So who would you rather Reading play next year? For that reason alone I hope West Ham go.

Also they have a track record of underhand practices now, as Dirk said, and they realy really deserve to be shafted.

pieface

by pieface » 12 May 2007 11:44

For me i would much rather have an away trip to West ham next year.For those who went to Wigan this year, will understand why i want Wigan to go down.An half empty stadium with a factor of rugby half time entertainment.While West Ham was one of the best away games all seasoin with Fulhum and Chelsea.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 12 May 2007 12:22

Dirk Gently For instance, Brooking is still there, and it's his underhand deviousness that is one of the real problems - whilst all the while being the sainted Sir Trevor to the media.

Indeed. Still detest the smug git.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 12 May 2007 13:48

Personally I hope that Sheffield United go down.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 12 May 2007 13:59

Dirk Gently The Pardew business was just a symptom of the reasons for hating West Ham. Yes he was lured away, but someone was still doing the luring.

For instance, Brooking is still there, and it's his underhand deviousness that is one of the real problems - whilst all the while being the sainted Sir Trevor to the media.

Also, witness the Tevez business, where there first response wasn't to come clean but to cover up the contract situation. Even now, when asked to clarify the contracts, their first response is to be slippery, underhand and evasive.

There's something rotten at the core of West Ham, and I for one would love to see them go down.

What he said.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 12 May 2007 14:08

handbags_harris
Dirk Gently The Pardew business was just a symptom of the reasons for hating West Ham. Yes he was lured away, but someone was still doing the luring.

What he said.

And Again.

Hope Man U score 3 in the first 6 mins and sheff u let one in and go home.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 May 2007 14:28

1960 Be realistic and forget the long trip to Wigan. If West Ham stay up they are going to spend big and have a rejuvenated team and will do well. Wigan are always going to struggle. So who would you rather Reading play next year?

On the basis that we will, once again, have to beat better teams than West Ham to continue establishing ourselves in the top flight, and there's nothing at this stage to suggest that they will be any better than Wigan in the next campaign (especially when they've lost £5m that might have been spent on improving the squad) I'll take the short trip to West Ham.

On the other hand, those who predicted we would struggle to avoid relegation will, once again, assume the worst and act accordingly, whilst claiming to be realistic despite being proved wrong season after season.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 12 May 2007 16:04

exileinleeds Hope Man U score 3 in the first 6 mins.
..and then hang on for dear life as their goal is battered by constant assaults? Like that would ever happen to Man U.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 12 May 2007 16:27

From a footballing perspective:
We took 6 points off the Hammers this season, scoring 7 and not conceding any.
We also took 6 points off Sheff Utd (again).
That's why I'd like them both to stay up!

However, West Ham have cheated with Tevez and there should be no exceptions.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 May 2007 17:10

West Ham certainly deserved a points deduction, and I would be right behind Wigan if they sued following relegation, but as someone who goes to most away games, given the choice, I'd prefer to miss yet another long trip up the M6.

Gentleman Jim

by Gentleman Jim » 12 May 2007 18:01

This would be one game I wouldn't mind too much if we were to lose.

We aren't in that position so its all conjecture anyway. And I agree with some, including Paul Jewell who say that if Wigan go down it's because they weren't good enough.....

But West Ham CHEATED! It smelt the day Tevez and Mascherano arrived and it has only been underlined through the constant blocking by West Ham of any official viewing of their contracts.

The FA are just as culpable in their shameful inability to dock the club the necessary points. To give the reason that to dock points now would be UNFAIR when it was they who dragged their heels getting it to a decision only makes this whole sorry mess worse.

If you cheat, you should live with the consequences. West Ham have clearly benefitted from having Tevez there, It certainly appears that they continue to flout the rules by still playing him and should be sent down. Its just a shame that we have to rely on Wigan getting a result, rather than our sports governing body acting properly to see that happen.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: If we were playing Wigan on Sunday

by Coppelled Streets » 12 May 2007 18:02

fallen angel If we were mid table and we were playing Wigan and they needed a win to send West Ham down would we mind losing?there is no bigger Reading fan then me but....

I hate losing, but I'd be quite happy in defeat! :lol: