Coppell lost us that one ...

104 posts
Mad Dog's Ghost

Coppell lost us that one ...

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 01 Sep 2007 19:52

I know we dare not challenge God ...

But, why oh why was Convey not playing when all RFC's recent success has been down to outstanding wing play. Fae ain't a winger.

Why was it left so late for Convey to come on.

Why didn't Kits start. Doyle is right out of sorts. Who honestly thought the pen was going to go in.

Why wasn't our best defender starting the game.

And, said a million times before, but Soel is annoying, yes, but seriously, how many players that started today did you have real confidence in beating their man.

I'm fearful for the season. We are all about wing play and there was nowt there today.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Coppell lost us that one ...

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2007 19:58

Mad Dog's Ghost I'm fearful for the season. We are all about wing play and there was nowt there today.

Or the previous 4, as it happens.

When do we play Direby?

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 01 Sep 2007 20:00

Platypuss
Mad Dog's Ghost I'm fearful for the season. We are all about wing play and there was nowt there today.

When do we play Direby?

how can u say we have had no wing play for 4 seasons

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 01 Sep 2007 20:08

I am surprised considering Reading success has been mainly down to wingers but i dont think he had many options today.

Dont worry Sir Steve probably thinks Fae is a very talented player that could play that role but didnt.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 01 Sep 2007 20:14

No, Coppell knows what Fae is all about, and it's not taking players on and whipping balls into the box. Felt a bit sorry for the guy really.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 01 Sep 2007 20:16

Just out of interest who would you had played on the right wing??

(this is a genuine question, nothing more)

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 01 Sep 2007 20:22

Fair question.

Convey.

A natural winger who in the past has switched wings lots of times for Reading. We wouldn't have threatened a league one side today with our wing play. Comes to something when Hunt is our most influencial creative player.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 01 Sep 2007 20:23

Seol - wouldn't have sold him.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 01 Sep 2007 20:26

Agreed.

Annoying but can take a man on and put in a cross.

Any one else worried that maybe Bryn isn't quite the new Sidders.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Sep 2007 20:37

I'd have played the right winger we should have signed at the beginning of the summer, when we knew Little was fcuked and all of Seol's and Oster short comings.

Let's all pray to God Rosenior is that player and with Fae in the middle we look a transformed team. All Fulham fans seem to think Rosenior's weakness is in is ability to deliver the ball with quality though and sounds I bit too much like Hunt. Rosenior and Convey sounds our best combination to be honest.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 01 Sep 2007 20:39

Agreed, seol is a match winner.

Lazy or not we should just bought Rosenior.

By the way Seol was not fit today?? Convey was an option but you would have to admit crossing would be a problem. Hunt on the right would had been my choice in hindsight.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2007 20:39

parky
Platypuss

When do we play Direby?

Four games, you twunt. :roll:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Sep 2007 20:47

Duberry for Bikey was a ridiculous decision.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 01 Sep 2007 20:52

Duberry/Bikey is 50/50

& i rate Bikey as a far better player but Duberry has played well this season and Bikey has concerntration lapses.

I have a feeling Coppell is building Bikey into a class player in the long term, stupid i know.

International Royal

by International Royal » 01 Sep 2007 21:01

Mad Dog's Ghost I know we dare not challenge God ...

But, why oh why was Convey not playing when all RFC's recent success has been down to outstanding wing play. Fae ain't a winger.

Why was it left so late for Convey to come on.

Why didn't Kits start. Doyle is right out of sorts. Who honestly thought the pen was going to go in.

Why wasn't our best defender starting the game.

And, said a million times before, but Soel is annoying, yes, but seriously, how many players that started today did you have real confidence in beating their man.

I'm fearful for the season. We are all about wing play and there was nowt there today.

The players lost that one not the manager. It's so easy to be wise after the event. Too many are not performing however althought they are all trying hard. Before todays game we had used more players than any other team.

SC will make changes. I'm sure Kitson, Convey & Bikey (& Oster if fit) will start at Sunderland. This will move Fae into the middle and probably Gunnar to the bench.

How cn you make Seol out to be the answer? He was poor and would have made no difference today. He played 34 games, where were the beating of the man and whipping in good crosses you talk about?

fool

by fool » 01 Sep 2007 21:09

I disagree with the title of the thread, collectively the team, staff and prep for the game was clearly wrong, but in Coppell we all trust. Listening to his post match comments, he is hurting about the manner of the defeat and concerned about the weakness.

Other managers would of been less critical, so I believe he, his staff and squad will turn it around.

But I do feel shell shocked this evening.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 01 Sep 2007 21:13

Platypuss
parky
Platypuss

When do we play Direby?

Four games, you twunt. :roll:

:oops:

RobRoyale

by RobRoyale » 01 Sep 2007 21:27

fool I disagree with the title of the thread, collectively the team, staff and prep for the game was clearly wrong, but in Coppell we all trust. Listening to his post match comments, he is hurting about the manner of the defeat and concerned about the weakness.

Other managers would of been less critical, so I believe he, his staff and squad will turn it around.

But I do feel shell shocked this evening.

I have to admit that I've been looking for a way to explain to my missus how I feel this evening. 'Shell-shocked' probably sums it up better than anything ....

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 01 Sep 2007 21:40

2.8 lita injection Agreed, seol is a match winner.

Lazy or not we should just bought Rosenior.

By the way Seol was not fit today?? Convey was an option but you would have to admit crossing would be a problem. Hunt on the right would had been my choice in hindsight.

Seol will win you one match per season.

Not good enough for the premiership.

The Brain

by The Brain » 01 Sep 2007 21:41

We got that one wrong. We should have been tyring to hold them from the start, but the back 4 + harps could not stop the front 2! on the break - they looked like us a couple of years ago. Confirmed, he got it wrong for once. Very wrong. Doyle looked poor as he has all season but on the bright side lita and kits were up for it. Convey looked bright when he came on and Harps+Gunnarson is not a great combination (but we always knew that) I agree that it SC thought it was going to be like that then we would have started differently. As much as SC got it right at Old Trafford as few weeks ago he got it wrong today.

104 posts