John Halls

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 17:38

Victor Meldrew Good luck to him and for his sake I hope he makes a go of it at Preston but I think he is more of a Div 1 level player.

Not sure there is an issue with being at Preston and playing in Div 1...

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Nov 2007 17:38

Victor Meldrew Suddenly with Sodje gone as well we are down on numbers.
I can't see any of Stack,Halls,Brown,Bennett ,Cox or Sodje having a future at Reading so January could well see the vast number of arrivals that Coppell keeps on about.
How anybody on here can seriously suggest that Halls has a future with a Premiership club like ours is beyond me.
Good luck to him and for his sake I hope he makes a go of it at Preston but I think he is more of a Div 1 level player.

Of your list only Cox you could argue with. He's done well at Swindon and Northampton and deserves a chance here. Think you can add Mate to your list.

To be honest they are only here in name anyway, they aren't ever going to play for the first team. I couldn't believe Aaron Brown was given a new deal, very very strange one that. Let the lad go elsewhere and try and form a career for himself.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 17:41

Alan Partridge I couldn't believe Aaron Brown was given a new deal, very very strange one that. Let the lad go elsewhere and try and form a career for himself.

Usual club policy for players who've had bad injuries isn;t it ?
Give them another deal to recover / show what they can do rather than cut them loose to find a nother club without being fit and ready to play.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Nov 2007 17:58

Behindu
Victor Meldrew Good luck to him and for his sake I hope he makes a go of it at Preston but I think he is more of a Div 1 level player.

Not sure what that means.
It may be a clever way of saying that Preson could be on their way to Div 1 but my point was that although I wish him well I do expect him to end up playing Div1 football soon.
I also doubt that Preston will be relegated.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Nov 2007 18:13

Victor - you forget that Halls was very well thought of at Stoke - Championship side - so why you think Halls cannot play at a level he has already proved himself at is beyond me.

Also if you had watched our reserve games you would know that Halls has proved to be a good player and even looked ok against Liverpool (and scored a goal).

I think he will do well at Preston now he is fully fit and we will get a good fee for him.

I will try to remember to resurrect this thread when we do sell him for a good fee!!

Also I think Cox has a good future but will probably only stay at Reading if we do sell Lita. Personally I would not mind us selling Lita and replacing him with Cox as the fourth striker.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Nov 2007 18:19

andrew1957 Victor - you forget that Halls was very well thought of at Stoke - Championship side - so why you think Halls cannot play at a level he has already proved himself at is beyond me.

Also if you had watched our reserve games you would know that Halls has proved to be a good player and even looked ok against Liverpool (and scored a goal).

I think he will do well at Preston now he is fully fit and we will get a good fee for him.

I will try to remember to resurrect this thread when we do sell him for a good fee!!

Also I think Cox has a good future but will probably only stay at Reading if we do sell Lita. Personally I would not mind us selling Lita and replacing him with Cox as the fourth striker.

Long 3rd and Cox 4th? :shock:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Nov 2007 18:34

Yes Long 3rd and Cox 4th - what is your point??

Long very well thought of by SC and Cox has always done well whenever given a chance at RFC or out on loan. Surely it is great news we have two promising 20 year olds!!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 18:49

Victor Meldrew
Behindu

It may be a clever way of saying that Preson could be on their way to Div 1 but my point was that although I wish him well I do expect him to end up playing Div1 football soon.

Not clever, just slightly tongue in cheek. Apologies for allowing a little levity to creep into the serious discussions :oops:
Preston look a better bet for Div 1 than they do for a promotion place. I'm sure Halls will ensure they rocket up the table and earn us a huge fee as a result !

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Nov 2007 19:09

Behindu
Victor Meldrew
Behindu

Not clever, just slightly tongue in cheek. Apologies for allowing a little levity to creep into the serious discussions :oops:
Preston look a better bet for Div 1 than they do for a promotion place. I'm sure Halls will ensure they rocket up the table and earn us a huge fee as a result !

It may be that your comments are often short on levity and long on pedancy :wink:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 01 Nov 2007 19:40

Victor Meldrew Suddenly with Sodje gone as well we are down on numbers.
I can't see any of Stack,Halls,Brown,Bennett ,Cox or Sodje having a future at Reading so January could well see the vast number of arrivals that Coppell keeps on about.
How anybody on here can seriously suggest that Halls has a future with a Premiership club like ours is beyond me.
Good luck to him and for his sake I hope he makes a go of it at Preston but I think he is more of a Div 1 level player.

Surely a championship player?[/b]

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 20:10

Victor Meldrew It may be that your comments are often short on levity and long on pedancy :wink:

pedantry surely...

And no, I'd estimate 90% of my comments have a light hearted angle. I'm amazed at what a high percentage of po faced contributors there are on HNA these days though.