Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 14 Dec 2007 19:33

Gus, declare thyself

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Dec 2007 20:15

Didn't there used to be a poster called Gus the teenage giraffe who was young but came out with the occasional gem? I just assumed he'd grown up into a cow.

jetsetwilly

by jetsetwilly » 22 Dec 2007 21:26

I find it rather odd that again we had 2 strikers on the bench today. Given Long now seems to be ahead of Lita in the pecking order surely Leroy would only have got a game today if we had suffered a couple of injuries. If he really is on the way out then why stick him on the bench with a very low chance of getting on, give the spot to DLC or rosenior and cover another position.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Dec 2007 18:50

jetsetwilly I find it rather odd that again we had 2 strikers on the bench today. Given Long now seems to be ahead of Lita in the pecking order surely Leroy would only have got a game today if we had suffered a couple of injuries. If he really is on the way out then why stick him on the bench with a very low chance of getting on, give the spot to DLC or rosenior and cover another position.

was two on bench last week too and lita came on instead
long goes back ahead after the cross though-leroy must be devastated

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Dec 2007 18:53

jetsetwilly I find it rather odd that again we had 2 strikers on the bench today. Given Long now seems to be ahead of Lita in the pecking order surely Leroy would only have got a game today if we had suffered a couple of injuries. If he really is on the way out then why stick him on the bench with a very low chance of getting on, give the spot to DLC or rosenior and cover another position.

We need to win our home games therefore makes perfect sense to have two strikers on the bench. Between them Cisse and Bikey can cover most of the other positions.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Dec 2007 00:00

With no available right midfielder and loads of left footers in the starting line up, we might as well have 2 strikers on the bench as we have every other base covered.

366 posts