Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 15 Nov 2007 22:11

Berry
Hoop Blah What I find most surprising is that Coppell has come out and criticised his own player in the public domain. Surely this is against one of the golden rules of management, that you publicly back your players to the hilt.

Totally Agree

Unless you want to get rid

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Nov 2007 23:15

Uke
Berry
Hoop Blah What I find most surprising is that Coppell has come out and criticised his own player in the public domain. Surely this is against one of the golden rules of management, that you publicly back your players to the hilt.

Totally Agree

Yes indeed. still think a lita to pompry and nugent to us is on the cards

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Nov 2007 23:19

papereyes
SpaceCruiser Christ, another thread for people to say how much they don't like Leroy Lita. :roll:

Why don't those people go and create their own website about how they hate Leroy Lita? Then Royal Rother can frequent that more than this website.

Maybe, just maybe, if he scored a few more goals, then people wouldn't be having this debate. Again.

And while he's not scoring goals, comments as to his personal life and how that may or may not be affecting his professional life are to be expected, if not entirely justified.

If we sell for a significant sum and get in a decent centre mid, a decent right winger and a player in the mould of Hulse up front, then that's a good January.

I've always liked Hulse - where is he now?

Edit - have checked and he has just come back after 8 months. Played his first reserve game on wednesday and scored 2 goals. Would be a great january signing imho...

Mr Brightside
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mr Brightside » 16 Nov 2007 00:13

Archie's penalty
papereyes
SpaceCruiser Christ, another thread for people to say how much they don't like Leroy Lita. :roll:

Why don't those people go and create their own website about how they hate Leroy Lita? Then Royal Rother can frequent that more than this website.

Maybe, just maybe, if he scored a few more goals, then people wouldn't be having this debate. Again.

And while he's not scoring goals, comments as to his personal life and how that may or may not be affecting his professional life are to be expected, if not entirely justified.

If we sell for a significant sum and get in a decent centre mid, a decent right winger and a player in the mould of Hulse up front, then that's a good January.

I've always liked Hulse - where is he now?

Edit - have checked and he has just come back after 8 months. Played his first reserve game on wednesday and scored 2 goals. Would be a great january signing imho...

Hulse would be a great signing. Also maybe a bit cheaper now Sheff Utd are in the Championship and Beattie's there.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Nov 2007 00:27

Shef Utd would have stayed up had Hulse not got injured IMO

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 16 Nov 2007 09:01

loyalroyal4life
Uke
Berry

Totally Agree

Really? So we swap a striker that scored 14 goals last season, for a striker that has only played seven Premiership games and scored no goals. Add in the fact that Lita would not be valued at £6 million like Nugent was when he moved to Pompey, then I'd say it's not even on the radar.

Now Rob Hulse, there is a player I would like to see in the semi hoops

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 16 Nov 2007 10:23

Lita to Pompey for Nugent is a nailed on certainty according to my contact.
Drunken fat bloke down the pub, wearing a stained pompey shirt two sizes too small is never wrong on these issues.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 16 Nov 2007 10:38

SC is a very reasoned and thoughtful person. If his words were intended as a gee-up to Lita, they would have been said in private. Therefore the intention is otherwise and I agree with others on here that they are a signal that LL will be on his way in Jan. Pity, because as a player he has it in him to perform at Prem level, but I suspect that the other well-documented flaws will always get in the way and that he will be inconsistent. Sell before he becomes damaged goods and the price drops must be the right decision.

But if we could get Hulse, a much better player than Nugent, plus a quality midfielder and right winger in Jan then things would look up and I'd put money on our finishing above the bottom five.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Nov 2007 12:42

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe If we are gonna play one up front, it should be Lita every time. He is so much better than Kits or Doyle in that role.

You cannot be serious :shock:

Lita is a good striker when he's on form but always needs good service so, what in God's name makes him superior to Kitson or Doyle as a loan striker?

On a bad day all he wants do is fall over at the slightest provocation and even at his best is not as good as others at making something out of nothing or creating things for team mates.

Sadly, I believe this makes it very likely that Leroy will be gone before the end of the season.

We are much better with 2 up front and Kitson and Doyle are not only resurrecting their Championship partnership at a higher level, they both offer much more than Lita in other departments. Can Lita play left of right midfield or act as a 3rd centre half when defending corners?

Even with a return to form, I see no way back for Leroy whilst Kitson & Doyle continue to look our best partnership by a distance and also possess the kind of versatilty that he will probably never have in his locker.

I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere but I don't think we are the right club for him.

Henry_Wallington

by Henry_Wallington » 16 Nov 2007 12:50

I think Lita is one of those big name players - thinks he is like a folly but actually not very good. Whenever he comes on you think brilliant it's Leroy and same chant comes from the East stand. However as soon as he misses his first open goal you know he's not very good.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 16 Nov 2007 13:11

Huntley & Palmer
loyalroyal4life
Uke
Berry

Totally Agree

Really? So we swap a striker that scored 14 goals last season, for a striker that has only played seven Premiership games and scored no goals. Add in the fact that Lita would not be valued at £6 million like Nugent was when he moved to Pompey, then I'd say it's not even on the radar.

Now Rob Hulse, there is a player I would like to see in the semi hoops

Just for the record Lita scored just 8 league goals-the rest were in cup competitions which of course our club has no interest in so those goals don't count. :wink:
Agree that a swap with Pompey seems sensible as long as they also allow us to buy Matty Taylor for £2million.
We then buy Hulse for £2million and let Shane Long go on loan to Sheff Utd.
Having sold Shorey for £5million we then have a bit left over to spend on a new keeper (long-term view) and to either pay Sidwell's loan salary for the rest of the season or the money goes towards the cost of the action man midfielder that we need or we get Diaby on loan from Arsenal.
Fae goes on loan to some French club and we in return get a flying right-winger.
Sorted and we still have loadsamoney to spend next summer having ensured survival this season.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 16 Nov 2007 13:25

I just can't see why Redknapp would want or need Lita. Even if Benjani were to be sold, is Leroy really the sort of player he would be after?

Berry

by Berry » 16 Nov 2007 14:06

[quote="Irvinchangeyaname"]I just can't see why Redknapp would want or need Lita. Even if Benjani were to be sold

Correct me if im wrong wasnt Redknapp putting a new deal on the table for Benjani?
Lita would be lucky to play reserve football at Pompey.
While were on subject of transfers why would Sidwell take a backward step and rejoin Reading on loan now Grants taken over. The African Nations will give Sidwell the chance he craves at Chelsea.
We need Coppell to pull out one of those magic transfers, maybe an irish Sidwell for 50k :lol:

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 16 Nov 2007 15:08

Berry
Irvinchangeyaname We need Coppell to pull out one of those magic transfers, maybe an irish Sidwell for 50k :lol:

I don't care who he signs just as long as they are ready for English football straight away. We simply can't afford another Emerse Can't Play

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Nov 2007 15:19

Scarface
Berry
Irvinchangeyaname We need Coppell to pull out one of those magic transfers, maybe an irish Sidwell for 50k :lol:

I don't care who he signs just as long as they are ready for English football straight away. We simply can't afford another Emerse Can't Play-yet

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Nov 2007 15:28

Sad to see so little appreciation for Leroy on her just a week before we go to Man City. Just cast your minds back to the last time we made that trip.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Nov 2007 16:48

Henry_Wallington I think Lita is one of those big name players - thinks he is like a folly but actually not very good. Whenever he comes on you think brilliant it's Leroy and same chant comes from the East stand. However as soon as he misses his first open goal you know he's not very good.

Funny that the FA should single him out for praise from the U21's last competition then!

Just hope everyone who is claiming we can afford to lose him or, unbelievably, that we'd be better off without him remembers that the next time we're ruing the lack of goals and that Lita's replacement isn't cutting the mustard!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Nov 2007 16:57

Woodcote Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe If we are gonna play one up front, it should be Lita every time. He is so much better than Kits or Doyle in that role.

You cannot be serious :shock:

Lita is a good striker when he's on form but always needs good service so, what in God's name makes him superior to Kitson or Doyle as a loan striker?

On a bad day all he wants do is fall over at the slightest provocation and even at his best is not as good as others at making something out of nothing or creating things for team mates.

Sadly, I believe this makes it very likely that Leroy will be gone before the end of the season.

We are much better with 2 up front and Kitson and Doyle are not only resurrecting their Championship partnership at a higher level, they both offer much more than Lita in other departments. Can Lita play left of right midfield or act as a 3rd centre half when defending corners?

Even with a return to form, I see no way back for Leroy whilst Kitson & Doyle continue to look our best partnership by a distance and also possess the kind of versatilty that he will probably never have in his locker.

I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere but I don't think we are the right club for him.

Can i just say that Lita played up front on his own at CHelsea and United last season and has done it with good effect.

I am also of the feeling that Lita is on his way by the end of the season.

Berry

by Berry » 16 Nov 2007 16:59

I think Lita is a good addition to the squad, Im just a little surprised Coppell went public with his spat.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 16 Nov 2007 23:31

RoyalBlue
Henry_Wallington Funny that the FA should single him out for praise from the U21's last competition then!

I admit he was quality for the U21's, but perhaps Leroy has believed the hype too much thought he had made it. I think Coppell's public criticism of him (which is unusual) is suggesting this.

As I said before I heard from a reliable source (even though he was pissed) that Coppell wants to sell him in January.

366 posts