Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 17 Nov 2007 00:19

Arch Sad to see so little appreciation for Leroy on her just a week before we go to Man City. Just cast your minds back to the last time we made that trip.

Its all about Man City A last season, I've seen what he can do, I was there and I can still picture the exact moments when I knew he was going to score. I know I was absolutely bolloxed but that makes it all the more amazing that I remember it all with such clarity. I barely rememeber the journey up, I only remember the pub before due to pictures on my phone, I don't remember the walk to the ground, I don't remember the match kicking off and I don't remember the match. I just remember those goals.

Therefore I'm in, I trust my judgement and I belive that talent's still there and SC can tap into it again and we'll see a few reminders of why we often regarded him as a starting striker last season.

Keep Reading Tidy. Don't Drop Lita and all that..

Noble Locks: MCA 8)

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 17 Nov 2007 05:05

I'm sure if a key player does leave, Coppell will have a more than adequate replacement lined up and would not dream of moving an average squad player into his position.

Lita should stay. He just needs to grow up a bit. OK, a lot. But one thing is for sure, if Coppell sells Lita he sure as hell isn't going to bring in anyone capable of doing an equal, let alone as good a job as him.

Coppell's brain should be focused on players he is going to sign, not who he can sell, the state of the England team and making wisecracks to the media after we have been thumped. Again

These issues come second to our primary concern. The quantity of players in the starting XI who are just not up to the Premiership.

Fezza

by Fezza » 17 Nov 2007 11:04

The whole year inn I'm sure if a key player does leave, Coppell will have a more than adequate replacement lined up and would not dream of moving an average squad player into his position.

Lita should stay. He just needs to grow up a bit. OK, a lot. But one thing is for sure, if Coppell sells Lita he sure as hell isn't going to bring in anyone capable of doing an equal, let alone as good a job as him.

Coppell's brain should be focused on players he is going to sign, not who he can sell, the state of the England team and making wisecracks to the media after we have been thumped. Again

These issues come second to our primary concern. The quantity of players in the starting XI who are just not up to the Premiership.

Particularly as we could be quite short of playing staff once Sonko, Fae and Bikey all strut off to the Nations Cup in January. I don't fancy the second half of the season if we just have Dubes and Ivar at the back (Bennett and Pearce just aren't there yet!).

So come Jan we need to Loan 1 x Central defender, buy at least one left back (Goldylocks having played in the cup already), get a new right winger with experience at this level, get some sort of influence in the centre of the park (Cisse?) and maybe get a goal keeper with longer arms and the ability to kick the ball!

Not that I actually believe this will happen!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Nov 2007 11:23

Fezza
The whole year inn I'm sure if a key player does leave, Coppell will have a more than adequate replacement lined up and would not dream of moving an average squad player into his position.

Particularly as we could be quite short of playing staff once Sonko, Fae and Bikey all strut off to the Nations Cup in January. I don't fancy the second half of the season if we just have Dubes and Ivar at the back (Bennett and Pearce just aren't there yet!).

OMG! I'd forgotten we've got all of that to come. :cry:

Even the RTGs could well require an extra coating on their glasses to see them through that.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 17 Nov 2007 12:13

So do we all agree the club really need to put their money where there mouth is in Jan?
O'h good, I'm off to Unfounded Rumours to see how much we are going to pay for Gareth Barry, David Beckham and Scott Carson.

Berry

by Berry » 17 Nov 2007 13:04

Lets hope that McClaren doesnt get sack soon, as Mr Coppell could get the nod for the England job.
He certainly seems to be making the right noises to the press in respect of English players.
His old mate Barwick would be well chuffed.
Steve could leave Reading on a high and not have to fight Mr Mad to open his wallet.
Readings loss, Englands gain.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Nov 2007 13:11

I don't think Copps would want the job - fingers crossed no-one persuades him to take it!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Nov 2007 15:11

Coppell doesn't like the media attention from being Reading manager.

There's more chance of Coppell splashing the cash, than being England manger....

Berry

by Berry » 17 Nov 2007 16:32

[quote="Smoking Kills Dancing Doe"]Coppell doesn't like the media attention from being Reading manager.

Well in the last week he has slagged off Lita to the press, and carried on the English player story that Sir Alex began to the press, so id disagree with you. We all know McClot is finished for England, what other manager out there would be good enough for England?
Allardyce? Venables? I rest my case, that is the problem Steve Coppell is the only real credible England candidite.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 17 Nov 2007 19:14

Berry
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Coppell doesn't like the media attention from being Reading manager.

Well in the last week he has slagged off Lita to the press, and carried on the English player story that Sir Alex began to the press, so id disagree with you. We all know McClot is finished for England, what other manager out there would be good enough for England?
Allardyce? Venables? I rest my case, that is the problem Steve Coppell is the only real credible England candidite.

He said that Leroy hasn't played well. But Lita is a class player and i think he will break into that England team.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Nov 2007 20:42

rg6royal
Berry
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Coppell doesn't like the media attention from being Reading manager.

He said that Leroy hasn't played well. But Lita is a class player and i think he will break into that England team.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers for that, I needed a laugh!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Berry

by Berry » 17 Nov 2007 21:01

rg6royal
Berry

But Lita is a class player and i think he will break into that England team.

Lets hope "That" England team isnt the ladies, and Leroy doesnt take his Nokia with him :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Nov 2007 21:08

rg6royal
Berry

Exactly.

He was asked why Lita wasn't in the 16 and said he'd elected to play Kitson and Doyle up front and that Leroy hadn't played well recently...........................a manager has to be able to express an genuine opinion of a players current form without being accused of slagging him off.

TWRoyal

by TWRoyal » 17 Nov 2007 22:03

Who needs two strikers on the bench versus Arsenal? Who drops a substitute striker that scored off the bench last time out? Who says a talented player "needs a rest" when they actually need a kick up the ar*e? I think we should be grateful for a decent, honest manager rather than one that trots out "it's a game of two halves", "it's a funny old game" and "it ain't over til the fat lady sings". By all accounts, SSC has handled Lita's extra curricular activities well over the past two years and I for one am glad to see him handling Lita now when his football ain't up to scratch. How good was Lita for the U21s during their last tourney? Do that for us and he could be one of the leading English strikers in the Premiership.

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 27 Nov 2007 20:42

Riseley Lita is going to Pompey soon Spacey so you can then throw your protective arm around new boy Nugent.
Local pompey radio are now on the story. Harry is certainly interested in brokering a deal.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 27 Nov 2007 20:56

Riseley
Riseley Lita is going to Pompey soon Spacey so you can then throw your protective arm around new boy Nugent.
Local pompey radio are now on the story. Harry is certainly interested in brokering a deal.

Good business then!

We get rid of an immature fool that seems hell bent on throwing away his big chance at this level and we get a superb young striker that has a point to prove and the hunger to do so.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 27 Nov 2007 20:59

I guess someone who sends pics of his willy to people is more mature than someone who sends pictures of his latest conquest !

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 27 Nov 2007 21:01

Behindu I guess someone who sends pics of his willy to people is more mature than someone who sends pictures of his latest conquest !

And the rest.

Lita the striker is superb and would do well at most Premiership clubs. Lita the person is just a complete tool with a huge chip on one shoulder which possibly explains his oxf*rd walk.

His antics will not be missed, his goals may be.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 27 Nov 2007 21:05

Is this a swap or is money involved?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 27 Nov 2007 21:06

Have to say I don;t know Leroy well enough to paint such a poor picture of him. He's done a couple of silly things but I'm not sure why a young kid with huge sums of money and a glamourous job should have a chip on his shoulder !

366 posts