Coppell "I'm due a break"

183 posts
Physci

Coppell "I'm due a break"

by Physci » 01 Dec 2007 12:57

Article in today's telegraph on England etc including the following:
"I am looking very shortly at having some time off, I must admit. My first stint [at Crystal Palace] was nine years, bits here and there, then Brentford, Brighton, and four years here. I am probably due a break. I'd do what Paul Jewell has done, play a bit of golf, get out of the environment for a bit, and then try to re-educate. I'd love to go and watch all the top managers here and abroad."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/12/01/sfnwin101.xml

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Dec 2007 13:02

I did say at the beginning of this season that I thought he might resign/retire from management, but :shock:

Old Biscuitman

Re: Coppell "I'm due a break"

by Old Biscuitman » 01 Dec 2007 13:03

Physci Article in today's telegraph on England etc including the following:
"I am looking very shortly at having some time off, I must admit. My first stint [at Crystal Palace] was nine years, bits here and there, then Brentford, Brighton, and four years here. I am probably due a break. I'd do what Paul Jewell has done, play a bit of golf, get out of the environment for a bit, and then try to re-educate. I'd love to go and watch all the top managers here and abroad."

SC doesn't usually speak without some intent behind his words. Is he telling us something? I wouldn't be surprised.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/12/01/sfnwin101.xml

thefruits

by thefruits » 01 Dec 2007 13:14

scary stuff...

time to talk to Pards to come back ?

I'd have him or McGoo back

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Dec 2007 13:17

If Copps goes and we got Pards or McGhee back, I wouldn't renew my season ticket.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Dec 2007 14:48

If he goes, Reading will be a Championship side again. Fact.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Dec 2007 17:32

2 world wars, 1 world cup If he stays, Reading will be a Championship side again. Fact.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 01 Dec 2007 17:40

looking at his team selection, tactics and subs I think he is well overdue a break

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Dec 2007 17:43

Chaney looking at his team selection, tactics and subs I think he is well overdue a break

You missed transfer policy there.

It is time to look past Steve Coppell and consider the bigger picture.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 01 Dec 2007 17:54

as he said, some players have taken us as far as they can... BUT Steve Coppell hasn't. with hopefully some new players, we can push forward with Coppell. As was said in the paper. He is a genius!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 01 Dec 2007 17:56

Geekins as he said, some players have taken us as far as they can... BUT Steve Coppell hasn't. with hopefully some new players, we can push forward with Coppell. As was said in the paper. He is a genius!

NEW PLAYERS?..he bloody well signed some in the summer but he won`t F*cking well play them!!!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 18:08

right now i think coppell is losing it, his selection, subs and transfers have been poor, maybe a new manager would be better to take us forward.....

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Dec 2007 18:37

I'm not sure Barwick et al want England playing like Reading were yesterday?

Bemused as to why Coppell is even remotely linked with the job to be honest.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Dec 2007 18:40

Fae not even in the squad.......convey looking off the pace....

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Dec 2007 18:40

Fae not even in the squad.......convey and bryn looking off the pace....

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Dec 2007 18:41

winchester_royal right now i think coppell is losing it, his selection, subs and transfers have been poor, maybe a new manager would be better to take us forward.....

and who would you deem to be a better candidate to 'take us forward'

coppell has established his ways on the club since he arrived and stability is more important than change atm

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 18:42

1-0 up, Convey - terrible so making a change, fair enough. So is Doyle going right wing and Long up front?

Or is he bringing on HIS central midfielder signing from the summer, nope it's Bikey. :shock:

I think Bikey could play in there, he's good enough. But i think it says more about Cisse than anything else.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2007 18:42

loyalroyal4life
winchester_royal right now i think coppell is losing it, his selection, subs and transfers have been poor, maybe a new manager would be better to take us forward.....

coppell has established his ways on the club since he arrived and stability is more important than change atm

Just so long that we don't end up sinking on an even keel!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 18:44

loyalroyal4life

no no no, stability means players like harper, murty, USA and Gunnar to carry on playing

the current set of players have taken us as far as possible,, and with some new players, a couple of youngsters (henry and pearce), and players such as Kits and Convey staying on to keep some fluidity we might just move forwards........

however i cannot see coppell doing this, if he does then great otherwise...maybe he needs a break

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Dec 2007 18:47

winchester_royal
loyalroyal4life

no no no, stability means players like harper, murty, USA and Gunnar to carry on playing

the current set of players have taken us as far as possible,, and with some new players, a couple of youngsters (henry and pearce), and players such as Kits and Convey staying on to keep some fluidity we might just move forwards........

however i cannot see coppell doing this, if he does then great otherwise...maybe he needs a break

YES that is fair enough, agree that the PLAYERS have taken us far enough and i can see your point about coppell and his selection, think he relies on some sort of fact that he feels he 'owes' it to the players that they should play for helping get us promoted but fact of matter is he should get with the times and realise that these same players are inevitably likely to also be the players that get us related!!

I hope coppell can see this as I still think there is no better manager for us to be under in order to progress!!

183 posts