Player Ratings

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Player Ratings

by winchester_royal » 08 Dec 2007 19:29

USA-7 Good saves, no arguments..............
Murts-7 As commited as ever, gave his all
Ingamarrsson-7 Solid, kept torres relatively quiet, our best CB at the moment
Sonko-5 Still looks very rusty, though is always a prescence
Shorey-6 One of his better performances this season
Hunt-7 Good penalty, and a few good runs, though is a bit one-dimensional and struggled to get past Riise, and lost gerrard for the 1st goal
Gunnar-7 His best performance this season, always tackling, though is still suspect with his passing
Harps-7 Great finish though was anomynous at times
Convey-8 Two great passes, one to get the pen, and one to set up harps, was always dangerous and worked his bollocks off
Kits-6 Quiet for his standards, but showed some nice touches
Doyle-7 Good 'goal', and always threatenedthe liverpool defence

Bikey-6 Some great challenges at the end
Cisse-5 Not on long enough to make an impression

Coppell-8 We played 442, and with width, keep it like this pleaseeee cops

fool

by fool » 08 Dec 2007 19:34

I'll take your word for it, radio 5 were praising Sonko though.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 08 Dec 2007 19:35

fool I'll take your word for it, radio 5 were praising Sonko though.

he was ok, but was at fault for 1st goal, and generally looked shaky

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 08 Dec 2007 19:38

Convey was excellent.

People questioned if he had lost it, he gave them the answer today.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 08 Dec 2007 19:40

Not quite sure what radio 5 were on about. Sonko looked pretty shaky to me. I've just watched the game live on Foxtel and he was very, very lucky not to have given away a penalty after what was an obvious foul agains Torres.
Anyway, that was not a result I was expecting in my wildest dreams. I hope we build on it and don't use it as an excuse not to spend in January and not to make some changes. I'd like to see more of Bikey, Cisse and Fae in the new year.
Great performance though. We played our hearts out. Well done Reading and, oh, great save Marcus from Reyes.

fool

by fool » 08 Dec 2007 19:41

Katie Marsden Convey was excellent.

People questioned if he had lost it, he gave them the answer today.

We've really missed him this year. Pace and creativity is what we need to take pressure of the back four.

fool

by fool » 08 Dec 2007 19:42

Cripple Creek Not quite sure what radio 5 were on about. Sonko looked pretty shaky to me. I've just watched the game live on Foxtel and he was very, very lucky not to have given away a penalty after what was an obvious foul agains Torres.
Anyway, that was not a result I was expecting in my wildest dreams. I hope we build on it and don't use it as an excuse not to spend in January and not to make some changes. I'd like to see more of Bikey, Cisse and Fae in the new year.
Great performance though. We played our hearts out. Well done Reading and, oh, great save Marcus from Reyes.

TBH, radio 5 didn't stop talking about the game from a Benetiz/ Liverpool perspective.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 08 Dec 2007 19:48

Cripple Creek Not quite sure what radio 5 were on about. Sonko looked pretty shaky to me. I've just watched the game live on Foxtel and he was very, very lucky not to have given away a penalty after what was an obvious foul agains Torres.

agree, great result, though would domore harm than good if coppell thought that this would be an excuse to keep the same team going for the rest of the year

Jinx

by Jinx » 08 Dec 2007 19:49

Have they signed him from Spain then?

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 08 Dec 2007 20:23

Sonko had a poor first half and was at fault for their first goal. However, the two TV replays for Liverpool penalties showed that Sonks got a touch to both.

Our midfield were really up for the game, Convey and Hunt worked their socks off, Harper was his usual invisible self until he popped up for the goal and Gunnar had one of his best games of the season. Doyle and Kits were excellent up front.

USA made a couple of excellent saves but lacks confidence coming off his line and his kicking was poor.

Overall a great performance and possibly the biggest result in the history of Reading FC.

Looks as if Murts and Sonks picked up injuries so we could see Bikey and Rosenior in for the Brum game.

peeping_bernal

by peeping_bernal » 08 Dec 2007 21:34

At the time thought Sonko was at fault for the first but having seen the replay on TV, I would give him the benefit of the doubt as the ball seemed to go past him out of reach and I think it was Shorey who was easily shrugged of the ball by Scouse boy. Yes he is looking a bit rusty, but after so long out what do you expect. It has taken Convey a good few games to get back to his old self.
Just hope SSC saves MR Mads £10m and sticks with what we have :lol:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Player Ratings

by andrew1957 » 08 Dec 2007 21:40

winchester_royal USA-7 Good saves, no arguments..............
Murts-7 As commited as ever, gave his all
Ingamarrsson-7 Solid, kept torres relatively quiet, our best CB at the moment
Sonko-5 Still looks very rusty, though is always a prescence
Shorey-6 One of his better performances this season
Hunt-7 Good penalty, and a few good runs, though is a bit one-dimensional and struggled to get past Riise, and lost gerrard for the 1st goal
Gunnar-7 His best performance this season, always tackling, though is still suspect with his passing
Harps-7 Great finish though was anomynous at times
Convey-8 Two great passes, one to get the pen, and one to set up harps, was always dangerous and worked his bollocks off
Kits-6 Quiet for his standards, but showed some nice touches
Doyle-7 Good 'goal', and always threatenedthe liverpool defence

Bikey-6 Some great challenges at the end
Cisse-5 Not on long enough to make an impression

Coppell-8 We played 442, and with width, keep it like this pleaseeee cops

Largely agree although I would give both Shorey and Kitson a 7.

Although I am normally a Gunnar fan I would have dropped him after his awful performance last week but credit to both him and SC for keeping faith with him - he did really well today.

Sonko is still looking a bit off the pace and Bikey must feel a little hard done by as he has been generally good whenever he has had a chance this season.

Probably Convey's best performance in the Premier League so far.

Well done to all the team and SC for the greatest individual game result in Reading's history.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 08 Dec 2007 23:26

USA-7
Murts-7
Ingamarrsson-7
Sonko-6
Shorey-7
Hunt-8
Gunnar-9
Harps-8
Convey-8
Kits-7
Doyle-7

Bikey-6
Cisse Not on long enough to rate him

Coppell-8

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Dec 2007 23:28

peeping_bernal At the time thought Sonko was at fault for the first but having seen the replay on TV, I would give him the benefit of the doubt as the ball seemed to go past him out of reach and I think it was Shorey who was easily shrugged of the ball by Scouse boy. Yes he is looking a bit rusty, but after so long out what do you expect. It has taken Convey a good few games to get back to his old self.
Just hope SSC saves MR Mads £10m and sticks with what we have :lol:

It went over him because he was out of position, he either should have been in position to win it or in the gapping hole that Gerrard ran through having shrugged off a challenge from Hunt.

But we won!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Dec 2007 00:01

bottom left hand corner USA-7
Murts-7
Ingamarrsson-7
Sonko-6
Shorey-7
Hunt-8
Gunnar-9
Harps-8
Convey-8
Kits-7
Doyle-7

Bikey-6
Cisse Not on long enough to rate him

Coppell-8

and a cameo 7 for Leroy - brilliant header (higher than Crouch's) and looked hungry.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 09 Dec 2007 00:07

USA - 8
Murts - 8
Shorey - 7
Ingi - 10
Sonko - 6
Hunt - 7
Convey - 8
Gunnarsson - 9
Harper - 8
Kitson - 7
Doyle - 8

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 09 Dec 2007 00:09

Hahnemann - 7
Murty - 7
Ingi - 8
Sonko - 6
Shorey - 7
Hunt - 8
Harper - 8
Gunnarsson - 8
Convey - 8
Kitson - 7
Doyle - 8

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 10 Dec 2007 09:57

Watched on TV, can give a different perspective..

Hahnemann 8 - the save from Riise was his best of the season, a wicked swerve which looked to be taking it in until he got across to tip round the post.
Murty 7
Sonko 6
Ingi 7
Shorey 7
Hunt 7
Gunnarsson 7
Harper 7
Convey 7
Kitson 6
Doyle 8

Subs - Bikey, Lita, Cisse all 5

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Dec 2007 09:59

Why does a goal have to be someones fault?? Last week Kitson scored a similar goal against 'Boro, I did not see the folk here saying it was a defensive error.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 10 Dec 2007 10:09

Hahnemann - 6
Murty - 7
Sonko - 6
Ingimarsson - 7
Shorey - 7
Hunt - 7
Harper - 7
Gunnarsson -7