Nil-point January

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Nil-point January

by floyd__streete » 01 Jan 2008 18:24

We've already pissed away any chance of getting anything out of January to be honest. I'd wager on the balance of possibilities we'll get absolutely nothing at Villa and it is almost outrageous to suggest we'll get anything out of Manchester United and Chelsea, two games I am dreading to be honest. The stuffing appears to be coming out of our cushion.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Nil-point January

by Arch » 01 Jan 2008 18:25

floyd__streete We've already pissed away any chance of getting anything out of January to be honest. I'd wager on the balance of possibilities we'll get absolutely nothing at Villa and it is almost outrageous to suggest we'll get anything out of Manchester United and Chelsea, two games I am dreading to be honest. The stuffing appears to be coming out of our cushion.
We always do better in those games. I bet we'll get at least one, maybe as many as two points this month. :)

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Jan 2008 18:27

Arch We always do better in those games. I bet we'll get at least one, maybe as many as two points this month. :)

I love you Arch, you crazy fool. I always want to give you a big hug 8) . We did get the 0-0 at Old Trafford, one of the most hilarious results ever :lol: . I doubt we'll be laughing on January 19th, mind :( .

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Jan 2008 18:29

floyd__streete
Arch We always do better in those games. I bet we'll get at least one, maybe as many as two points this month. :)

I love you Arch, you crazy fool. I always want to give you a big hug 8) . We did get the 0-0 at Old Trafford, one of the most hilarious results ever :lol: . I doubt we'll be laughing on January 19th, mind :( .
Happy New Year, floyd. My post was meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 01 Jan 2008 18:31

Reading will resemble England at Eurovision in January to be truly fair. Atleast, we'll have a weekend off on the 26th

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 01 Jan 2008 18:32

We never know with Reading....

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Jan 2008 18:32

floyd__streete We've already pissed away any chance of getting anything out of January to be honest. I'd wager on the balance of possibilities we'll get absolutely nothing at Villa and it is almost outrageous to suggest we'll get anything out of Manchester United and Chelsea, two games I am dreading to be honest. The stuffing appears to be coming out of our cushion.

Come on, at least we've got the FA Cup run to look forward to.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Jan 2008 18:38

Unless there are changes to the team, unless suitable players are brought into the club, Reading are going down faster than the Xmas decs.

It's going to be tighter than a lot of people think.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Jan 2008 18:40

Platypuss Come on, at least we've got the FA Cup run to look forward to.

It's normally - at the very best - more a breathless jog.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Jan 2008 18:41

Alan Partridge Unless there are changes to the team, unless suitable players are brought into the club, Reading are going down faster than the Xmas decs.

I've been saying this since September to be honest :(

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Jan 2008 18:42

floyd__streete
Alan Partridge Unless there are changes to the team, unless suitable players are brought into the club, Reading are going down faster than the Xmas decs.

The 1 thing that gives Reading a chance over the others - they score goals. Not a lot of good when you are liable to conceed 4,5,6 or even 7 goals a game i suppose!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Jan 2008 19:01

AndyRFC Reading will resemble England at Eurovision in January to be truly fair. Atleast, we'll have a weekend off on the 26th

.........and there was me thinking it was THE UNITED KINGDOM at Euorvision.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 01 Jan 2008 19:18

But there's at least six .. errr. ... five? ... maybe four teams that we're definitely better than.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Jan 2008 19:22

papereyes

But there's at least six .. errr. ... five? ... maybe four teams that we're definitely better than.
There's one team that we're probably better than, but three or four that we'll get more points than.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jan 2008 19:24

Alan Partridge
floyd__streete

The 1 thing that gives Reading a chance over the others - they score goals. Not a lot of good when you are liable to conceed 4,5,6 or even 7 goals a game i suppose!

Didn't score any today, despite creating some reasonable chances with 10 men.

Unless the club move quickly to effectively strengthen the team I reckon we could well find ourselves contemplating the trap door! Then, of course, we will see the usual Mad Man's sale of the century as our quality players are allowed to jump ship.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Jan 2008 19:28

Comments from my one-year old after watching the match with me today:

wse332W2ERT6T GT5GF BFFFFFFFFFFZRZZZZGG v vtgrvcvcvdvxcazwwsbg b bb b f sdcfghcnu7fcvhc ctbc b j ythunuuuddddddddddddddjm mj bn m6TTT

Certainly as valid as some of the others showing up on HNA today. At least he was giggling as he typed it.

We are not going down. We will likely struggle in January and may even go pointless. But there is enough talent on this team to keep us up and SSC will come to his senses with the squad selection and the results will come.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Jan 2008 19:33

I'm just glad Coppell can be so picky when it comes to new signings in January......

If you can stay on your feet and play centre half, you'd do us a job!!

Berry

by Berry » 01 Jan 2008 19:37

Look at like this, at least we wont have a boring Mid-Table season, its edge of the seat time.....

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Jan 2008 19:49

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe I'm just glad Coppell can be so picky when it comes to new signings in January......

If you can stay on your feet and play centre half, you'd do us a job!!

To be fair, Sonko always stays on his feet. It's his propensity to take other people's away that causes the problem.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Jan 2008 07:40

Before xmas I would have said we would get 1 point between Boxing Day and the end of January thinking that that point would be from the usual 0-0 at home to Pompey

Howerver we got our point first time out at West Ham and I see nothing to change that from the games we have left.

We never have got anything against Villa at their place and, given their form v ours, I can see no reason to expect anything on 12th Jan unless the ref has a mad moment or two or we make some quite incredible signings before then.

That leaves United and Chelsea. We'll play better in both those games as their technical ability means they'll be happy to let us toss about with the ball every now and then. However we are still very likely to be stuffed by both teams, but - on the upside - at least we'll have played them them twice and not have them outstanding at the end of the season.

Let's hope another 3 or 4 of the teams below us have a nightmare month as well otherwise we could be in the bottom 3 when Bolton turn up at the beginning of February.