Team v Man Utd

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 16 Jan 2008 20:37

North Somerset Royal Cant see Kitson starting. He is in court Friday and will miss training.

Bet he does start.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Jan 2008 20:46

I doubt he'll be in court ALL DAY. Maybe if he misses training in the morning, he can do a spot in the afternoon or vice versa. :roll:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Jan 2008 21:11

Is missing one day's training very important?
He will know that he and Doyle will spend all afternoon chasing long balls and that he will have to play centre-half for many of the set pieces.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 16 Jan 2008 21:46

Fed

Rosenior
Cisse
Ingi
Shorey

Hunt
Matejovsky
Harper
Cox

Kitson
Doyle

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 16 Jan 2008 21:55

andrew1957
brendywendy
Skin
brendywendy jesus WSF

i give in, your relentless negativity has won the day

we are awful
our manager is clueless tactically and in terms of most of his signings, a his coaching and scouting staff are equalkly clueless
the chairman is a skinflint who is dragging this club down with him
2/3 of our current squad of players isnt good enough
we keep signing average foreign players who wont ever get in the team
the players we need to stave off relegation, ie prem experienced players who arent wanted any longer by their own teams, wont come here becuase we only pay 25kpw max and we have no ambition
there is no point in the ground expansion
all our fans are plastic
we will be in the championship next year-god knows how we have stayed up so long.

i think that about covers it
we agree,
can you stop posting now?

A lot but not all. They're not neccessarily the problem, its the 'spectators' that really rile me. They contribute nothing to the atmosphere, don't sing, occasionally clap and sit there like mongs. Last night was a prime example of how shit our fans really are.

So, lets drop plastic, plastics have been know to support, standing and singing etc. Mongs is more appropriate, thanks.

thats why im going off the cup games

as im usually surrounded by old folks, and kids, and football tourists on their mates card
who never sing, or clap,
and make me feel bad when i inadvertantly swear, or stand up

I have to say when the Spurs fans were singing "It is like a library" last night they were fairly accurate. Very disappointing support from the fans - hopefully Saturday will be different.
I don't remember Spurs fans impressing too many last year when they were losing at the Madejski.

They sung that when they were winning, and we were playing crap in a crap match that few, including the players, seemed interested in. Had we been a goal up at that stage I doubt we'd have heard a peep out of them either.

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 17 Jan 2008 09:02

As Sir Steve said "the team picks itself."

Therefore, same shite (Hahnemann's kicking, Murty too slow and Gunnarsson bring bypassed..) :roll:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 17 Jan 2008 09:24

I can't see our wing backs getting much sleep Friday night.

Squeaky bum time

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 17 Jan 2008 09:36

We should not be going man marking at home.

Stick to 4-4-2 & try to keep it as tight as possible. The likelihood of getting anything from this game is pretty minimal. I know we got a draw last season, but United are in considerably better form & have a better side this time around.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 17 Jan 2008 09:53

Need to get Hunt's energy in to the middle. Maybe he's the box-to-box player we've been looking for....

-----------kitson lita
convey harper hunt doyle
shorey ing cisse dela
-----------marcus

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 17 Jan 2008 09:56

Great Knolly Need to get Hunt's energy in to the middle. Maybe he's the box-to-box player we've been looking for....

-----------kitson lita
convey harper hunt doyle
shorey ing cisse dela
-----------marcus

That could work, tho I can't see Coppell being that experimental. He just doesn't do it.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 17 Jan 2008 13:24

Victor Meldrew Posted: 16 Jan 2008 22:11 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He will know that he and Doyle will spend all afternoon chasing long balls and that he will have to play centre-half for many of the set pieces.

Royal Lady Posted: 16 Jan 2008 21:46 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt he'll be in court ALL DAY. Maybe if he misses training in the morning, he can do a spot in the afternoon or vice versa.

PEARCEY Posted: 16 Jan 2008 21:37 Post subject:

North Somerset Royal wrote:
Cant see Kitson starting. He is in court Friday and will miss training.

Bet he does start.

I based my view on my sons experience in court on same charge in December when they managed to drag it out all day plus previous occassion when Doyle missed Friday training and SC said he left him out because "thats when we work on set pieces" However maybe different for local celeb and against MU prob wont be any set pieces for us anyway!

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 17 Jan 2008 14:04

I expect it to be the same team that performed so well at Villa!!

Coppell doesn't change the team unless it's enforced. If after the Chelsea game we have gone 5 straight league defeats, surely that highlights the need for change ?

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 17 Jan 2008 14:08

North Somerset Royal
Victor Meldrew Posted: 16 Jan 2008 22:11 Post subject:

Royal Lady Posted: 16 Jan 2008 21:46 Post subject:

I doubt he'll be in court ALL DAY. Maybe if he misses training in the morning, he can do a spot in the afternoon or vice versa.

PEARCEY Posted: 16 Jan 2008 21:37 Post subject:

North Somerset Royal wrote:
Cant see Kitson starting. He is in court Friday and will miss training.

Bet he does start.

I based my view on my sons experience in court on same charge in December when they managed to drag it out all day plus previous occassion when Doyle missed Friday training and SC said he left him out because "thats when we work on set pieces" However maybe different for local celeb and against MU prob wont be any set pieces for us anyway!

Kitson WILL start..

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 17 Jan 2008 16:35

Truly hope the successful Doyle / Lita partnership is given a chance against Man U.

Can't see anything in Kitson's play that will help us in this particular game - too slow, too lazy and too over elaborate against a team where we need pass, strength and perserverance to have any chance !

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 17 Jan 2008 19:23

gunnarsson and ten others!!

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 17 Jan 2008 20:46

the team will be:
USA
Murty Gunnar Inga Dela Shorey
Cisse Harper
Doyle Hunt
Kitson

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2008 21:25

I'd play:

Hahnemann
Rosenior Duberry* Ingimarsson Shorey
Hunt Cisse Harper Convey
Kitson Doyle

Fed, Pearce, Gunnarsson, Long, Cox

*Cisse if Duberry still not fit Gunnarsson in midfield and DLC on the bench.

Reasons:
Hahnemann - i don't think he's been playing that badly, bar the odd clanger. Fed has done well, but I'm still unconvinced he's a better option.
Rosenior - Murty is a good captain but Ronaldo loves playing against him and I'd like to take a look at Rosenior in the first team.
Centrebacks - not a whole lot of option. I wouldn't fancy giving Pearce his first prem start against the likes of Giggs, Ronaldo and Rooney either especially as he's not the quickest
Doyle - not scoring but seems to work well with Kitson, if its not working I'd bring on Cox or Long with plenty of time.
Cisse - not many options and I'd like to see if he can up his game for united, played well in defence, so if Doobs isn't fit I'd rather him than Pearce or Gunnar at the back.
Lita - out of form, can't hit the target, attitude issues. I'm just fed up with him.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Jan 2008 21:38

Ian, you haven't at all justified your reasons for picking Gunnarsson at all.

Oh, and after numerous threads on which you and others criticised the desire of some of us to see Henry in the team, despite not seeing him play much, you and others are now all Cox obsessed on the back of one half against Spurs.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2008 21:44

cmonurz Ian, you haven't at all justified your reasons for picking Gunnarsson at all.

Oh, and after numerous threads on which you and others criticised the desire of some of us to see Henry in the team, despite not seeing him play much, you and others are now all Cox obsessed on the back of one half against Spurs.

Not really, Long can perform as a sub either up front or on the wing, hence Coppell has both him and Lita on the bench. Cox is a straight swap for Lita.

Gunnarsson, unlike many I don't despise him and think he's worse than a lump of dog turd. He can and has done a good job for us. I don't think he's good enough for a regular starter, but he's had some time off and he often does better in that case. He is also good at raising his game against the big teams. Also Fae seems to be a failure and lightweight. I don't see too many other options.

I'd like to see Henry given a chance, but if he wasn't going to get it in the cup and Cox was ahead of him for that, then I see no reason to put him in ahead of Cox now.

Happy now?

Hopeful

by Hopeful » 17 Jan 2008 22:22

West Stand Flash
Great Knolly Need to get Hunt's energy in to the middle. Maybe he's the box-to-box player we've been looking for....

-----------kitson lita
convey harper hunt doyle
shorey ing cisse dela
-----------marcus

That could work, tho I can't see Coppell being that experimental. He just doesn't do it.

No, I can't see this working. I mean, who puts 2 strikers in goal, and a keeper up front on his own.
There'd be mayhem - Marcus would keep handballing all the time.

Although as for 4 defenders playing in front of midfield, it may just confuse Sir Alex.