Team v Man Utd

Upper West?!?

by Upper West?!? » 18 Jan 2008 00:02

Coppell will pay a similar strategy to what he used with Villa away.

Marcus - Remember the last time Feds play against ManU at Reading?

Shorey
Inga
Cisse
Murty
De La (Man marking Ronaldo)

Hunt
Harper
Gunnar (He did OK against Liverpool and no other CM options)
Doyle

Kitson

Subs:
Lita
Pierce
Feds
Rosenior
Convey

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Jan 2008 01:00

You had a man-marker on Robbie Keane, is that something you have considered for any of the United players?

When we play with the spare man, we always man-mark. It's not just one player you man-mark, it's potentially six or seven for this game. Their team is so good, and they rotate so much. There's no real pattern to their front four. The easiest way of dealing with it is to just go man for man. Although I'm not sure many fancy manmarking Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 18 Jan 2008 04:49

I hope SSC goes 4-4-2 and not a sit back and hope for 0-0 formation of 4-5-1. The two previous games between us at the Mad Stad have been 4-4-2 and we've given a good account of ourselves.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 Jan 2008 07:02

Compo's Hat I hope SSC goes 4-4-2 and not a sit back and hope for 0-0 formation of 4-5-1. The two previous games between us at the Mad Stad have been 4-4-2 and we've given a good account of ourselves.

'greed. Around, around. Attack, attack. Just like angry ants, mad at the smell of gasoline.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Jan 2008 08:00

Reckon on the expected reprobates but in a 4-5-1 formation

-------------------------------- Hahnemann ----------------------------------

--- Murty -------- Ingimarsson ------------ Cisse -------------- Shorey ---

-------------------------------- Gunnarsson ----------------------------------

--- Doyle ------------- Harper ---------- Hunt ------------------- Convey ---

---------------------------------- Kitson ---------------------------------------

Subs

Federici
Long
Lita
Pearce
Rosenior

1871royals

by 1871royals » 18 Jan 2008 08:33

After reading SC press transcript it looks like Pearce wont be playing and we will be playing 5 at the back. It did work at OT but I think playing like this is very risky. We always look uncomfortable when we venture away from 4 4 2.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 18 Jan 2008 08:44

Barry the bird boggler Reckon on the expected reprobates but in a 4-5-1 formation

-------------------------------- Hahnemann ----------------------------------

--- Murty -------- Ingimarsson ------------ Cisse -------------- Shorey ---

-------------------------------- Gunnarsson ----------------------------------

--- Doyle ------------- Harper ---------- Hunt ------------------- Convey ---

---------------------------------- Kitson ---------------------------------------

Subs

Federici
Long
Lita
Pearce
Rosenior

I'd expect that to be the team after reading his press conference.
I prefer us to go 5 in midfield than 5 at the back.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 18 Jan 2008 09:57

Hopeful
West Stand Flash
Great Knolly Need to get Hunt's energy in to the middle. Maybe he's the box-to-box player we've been looking for....

-----------kitson lita
convey harper hunt doyle
shorey ing cisse dela
-----------marcus

That could work, tho I can't see Coppell being that experimental. He just doesn't do it.

No, I can't see this working. I mean, who puts 2 strikers in goal, and a keeper up front on his own.
There'd be mayhem - Marcus would keep handballing all the time.

Although as for 4 defenders playing in front of midfield, it may just confuse Sir Alex.

I always prefer to write teams out this way. It feels more like they are attacking. Presumptuous against Man U perhaps.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 18 Jan 2008 11:06

Kitson most likely out with a knee injury according to OS. :cry:

Hmm, perhaps strategic?

There is some good news though - Oster is back in training. He'll be like a new signing to us.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Jan 2008 11:12

Platypuss Kitson most likely out with a knee injury according to OS.

Hmm, perhaps strategic?

Just got a text from the club about this. Mmmmm, not been mentioned all week. In court today. It just does not add up ?!? :?

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 18 Jan 2008 11:15

Lita up top on his own then?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Jan 2008 11:21

West Stand Flash Lita up top on his own then?

Great.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 18 Jan 2008 12:14

Platypuss Kitson most likely out with a knee injury according to OS. :cry:

Hmm, perhaps strategic?

There is some good news though - Oster is back in training. He'll be like a new signing to us.

Ideal opportunity to see what Matejovsky can do as an attacking midfielder, behind Doyle as the lone striker if we're going to play that way.
Lita does not hold the ball up well enough or pressure defenders enough to play that role against a top defence.

USA

Rosenior
Cisse
Ingimarson
Shorey

Cox
Harper
Gunnarson
Mate.
Hunt

Doyle

Federici
Murty
Convey
Lita
Long

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Jan 2008 12:24

Tilehurst End
Ideal opportunity to see what Matejovsky can do as an attacking midfielder, behind Doyle as the lone striker if we're going to play that way.

He's not played a game since December 9th and i can't see Coppell throwing him into the starting line-up without a reserve/arranged friendly game or 2 under his belt..

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 18 Jan 2008 12:32

Vision
Tilehurst End

He's not played a game since December 9th and i can't see Coppell throwing him into the starting line-up without a reserve/arranged friendly game or 2 under his belt..

I hope there's a good chance he'll play a first team game for us before he does for the Czechs!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Jan 2008 12:48

Platypuss
Vision
Tilehurst End

I hope there's a good chance he'll play a first team game for us before he does for the Czechs!

I wouldn't bet on it. Coppell might actually be of the opinion that a couple of International friendlies are just what he needs to get himself somewhere near the level to compete in the Premiership.

Personally if Kitson isn't available and with Long suspended for the Chelsea game I'd put him on the bench for the next couple of games. Can't see what harm it would do to play 20 minutes or so (at the very most given Coppell policy with subs)

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 18 Jan 2008 13:09

Vision
Tilehurst End

Not played but has not been injured so he'll have been training at full pace. Man U and Chelsea, any points a bonus, great chance for him to experience the pace of the premier league and get back up to match fitness. Don't forget that some of the players who played in the cup game hadn't played for some time either.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 18 Jan 2008 13:09

NWL Royal

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 15:08 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Somerset Royal wrote:
Quote:
Victor Meldrew Posted: 16 Jan 2008 22:11 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is missing one day's training very important?
He will know that he and Doyle will spend all afternoon chasing long balls and that he will have to play centre-half for many of the set pieces.

Royal Lady Posted: 16 Jan 2008 21:46 Post subject:

I doubt he'll be in court ALL DAY. Maybe if he misses training in the morning, he can do a spot in the afternoon or vice versa.

PEARCEY Posted: 16 Jan 2008 21:37 Post subject:

North Somerset Royal wrote:
Cant see Kitson starting. He is in court Friday and will miss training.

Bet he does start.

I based my view on my sons experience in court on same charge in December when they managed to drag it out all day plus previous occassion when Doyle missed Friday training and SC said he left him out because "thats when we work on set pieces" However maybe different for local celeb and against MU prob wont be any set pieces for us anyway!

Kitson WILL start..

:D !

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Jan 2008 13:24

Tilehurst End
Vision
Tilehurst End

Not played but has not been injured so he'll have been training at full pace. Man U and Chelsea, any points a bonus, great chance for him to experience the pace of the premier league and get back up to match fitness. Don't forget that some of the players who played in the cup game hadn't played for some time either.

Its a fair point but i'd reckon Coppell will feel 6 weeks is too long to not have a game and then come straight into a 100 mph league. The cup players for us will have been training for several weeks at the same intensity between their matches with the odd reserve game thrown in to help them. Matejovsky has only been with us a week.

I just think its expecting a bit much to expect him to start although i genuinely don't see why he couldn't make a cameo appearence from the bench if required.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Jan 2008 13:39

Platypuss Kitson most likely out with a knee injury according to OS. :cry:

Hmm, perhaps strategic?

you are kidding???

oster is the biggest waste of space i have seen in a reading shirt since andy hughes