Reading v Man.United match thread

279 posts
cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 19 Jan 2008 16:55

Agree with bobby 100%. First time in a long time that we have looked like a Premiership team. Long may it continue, and it will have to.

Bolton kick off soon against Newcastle, and I think I'm a Toon fan for the evening.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jan 2008 16:55

bobby1413 Just like to say:

Really positive performance from the sounds of it, and I really hope it will give some inspiration to the team with the games still to come, especially from Chelsea onwards.

Shows we can still play positively and with purpose.

Totally agree. We played with such heart! Am happy with Matejovsky. He came on and spread the play really well. Cisse had a very good game. At the end it was stretched as we were going for it. If only Harper's shot had gone in!

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 19 Jan 2008 16:55

Everyone, but everyone in the utd pen box. Ronaldo walked it from the half way line.
Positive attacking football from URZ, caught out on the break :(

On a plus side, Matejovic's vision seems excellent. Passes have really given us opportunities. Might be a really good signing

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Jan 2008 16:56

MiniRoyal To be fair, we've given utd a decent game. Cisse looks like he might be the answer at CB and Matejovsky seems to have slotted right in. Hunt in the middle could be a revelation.

Despite the loss I'm 10-fold more positive than I was a few days ago.

What will Sonko, BK and Fae think when they return? :)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Jan 2008 16:56

IF WE PLAY LIKE THIS EVERY WEEK THERE'S NO WAY WE'RE GOING DOWN

EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE READING - could've gone either way

YOU'VE DONE US PROUD

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 19 Jan 2008 16:57

:cry: Ah well. If we were going to lose, might as well have Ronaldo earn me some fantasy points.

A very encouraging performance, such of it as i saw (lost my feed for the last 8 minutes).

FAO 10539.4: I was not ripping Cisse. I desperately want him to do well. For whatever reason I took a real shine to him right from his first day at the club. I'm delighted he had a good day today. But I think he was on Rooney as that move unfolded, and he let him get away. One mistake in an otherwise fine performance. Just an observation.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2008 16:57

LOL at Tredder taking the piss out of my faith in Marek, sounds like he did well.

Who did he come on for and where did he play?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Jan 2008 16:57

MiniRoyal To be fair, we've given utd a decent game. Cisse looks like he might be the answer at CB and Matejovsky seems to have slotted right in. Hunt in the middle could be a revelation.

Agree totally. From even the short glimpse of Marek I think it's Harper who will be most fearful for his place.

If only Kitson had pulled off that lob.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Jan 2008 16:58

cmonurz Agree with bobby 100%. First time in a long time that we have looked like a Premiership team. Long may it continue, and it will have to.

Bolton kick off soon against Newcastle, and I think I'm a Toon fan for the evening.

Keegan's return vs loss of Anelka...

TOON ARMY! (on a very temp basis)

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jan 2008 16:59

Ian Royal LOL at Tredder taking the piss out of my faith in Marek, sounds like he did well.

Came on for Convey and played in the middle with Harper. He was playing some great passes that required vision - he was also giving it a go...

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 19 Jan 2008 17:01

So so proud of the performance today, couldnt ask for more from the players in terms of commitment, we gave it a real go and could have gone the other way on another day

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2008 17:01

Archie's penalty
Ian Royal LOL at Tredder taking the piss out of my faith in Marek, sounds like he did well.

Came on for Convey and played in the middle with Harper. He was playing some great passes that required vision - he was also giving it a go...

Cheers.

Does anyone fancy him starting against Chelsea with Hunt on the left Doyle on the right and Lita still upfront, or possibly Bob and Hunt on the wings with Lita dropped again?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Jan 2008 17:02

Came on for Convey.

I *think* Hunt then went left wing and he played centrally.

He gave the ball away a couple of times but otherwise made excellent pass after excellent pass: really seemed to know where he was placing it.

Was only a few minutes but if this is anything to go by I'm really looking forward to him startgin a few and for him to read our runs and for us to be used to him.

Very promising indeed!

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 19 Jan 2008 17:02

Arch :cry: Ah well. If we were going to lose, might as well have Ronaldo earn me some fantasy points.

A very encouraging performance, such of it as i saw (lost my feed for the last 8 minutes).

FAO 10539.4: I was not ripping Cisse. I desperately want him to do well. For whatever reason I took a real shine to him right from his first day at the club. I'm delighted he had a good day today. But I think he was on Rooney as that move unfolded, and he let him get away. One mistake in an otherwise fine performance. Just an observation.

No worries Arch. Was a spur of the moment rolly eye thing. Probably a little unwise!

Great effort today, as said above, if we play like that for the rest of the year we'll be fine. Marek definately had a touch of the Sidwell, very promising. Urz!

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 19 Jan 2008 17:02

Platypuss

Agree totally. From even the short glimpse of Marek I think it's Harper who will be most fearful for his place.

Yes, I suppose that
arek and Harps are similar players.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jan 2008 17:04

Ian Royal
Archie's penalty

Cheers.

Does anyone fancy him starting against Chelsea with Hunt on the left Doyle on the right and Lita still upfront, or possibly Bob and Hunt on the wings with Lita dropped again?

Not a bad idea. Not sure if it will happen though. Lita played really well today. He fought the entire match and gave Vidic a torrid time (Vidic seemed to clear the ball out for constant throw ins due to lita's pressure). Doyle on the right is a possibility. Whatever we do today we had real shape for the first time since the Sunderland game and the performance levels were top-notch.. Well done again lads!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Jan 2008 17:04

Who from our team are the pretend managers going to sack now?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 19 Jan 2008 17:04

glass half full
Platypuss

Yes, I suppose that
arek and Harps are similar players.
Remains to be seen. If Marek is a real playmaker, Harper's water carrier skills may be put to better effect.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Jan 2008 17:05

Archie's penalty
Ian Royal
Archie's penalty

Cheers.

Not a bad idea. Not sure if it will happen though. Lita played really well today. He fought the entire match and gave Vidic a torrid time (Vidic seemed to clear the ball out for constant throw ins due to lita's pressure). Doyle on the right is a possibility. Whatever we do today we had real shape for the first time since the Sunderland game and the performance levels were top-notch.. Well done again lads!

Lita appeared to stay on his feet today

279 posts