Cisse = God (For The Day!)

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 19 Jan 2008 19:52

Cisse plays midfield, get slagged off.

Cisse plays centre back, praise all round.

I hope Coppell takes notice.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Jan 2008 20:01

Tbf it was Coppell who decided to put him at centre back, so he should take the credit yeah?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 19 Jan 2008 20:04

Norfolk Royal Tbf it was Coppell who decided to put him at centre back, so he should take the credit yeah?

Ridiculous. Common sense like that has no place in football discussion.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2008 20:12

cmonurz
Ian Royal I just hope a few people might learn not to right our signings off so quickly now. Then again they never learnt from any other example so why change now.

Perhaps you should take a leaf out of your own book then. Why does one match vindicate you on Cisse/Marek/signings in general?

Stop stuff from the two of them today, now let's see it continue.

Cisse has not played 1 match. He has been showing positive signs for several.

I have only ever expressed my gut feelings about Marek and stated what they are based on. I'm happy that the evidence for him being good is mounting with virtually none for him being poor. There is still a fair way to go until he can be declared a great signing and essentially first teamer though. I don't recall ever saying different.

It's nice how you make the point that 1 match isn't conclusive, yet fail to quote the part of my original post where I say exactly the same thing.

tsk tsk

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 19 Jan 2008 20:50

God did well, and The Messiah came on for the last 10 minutes. Can't be bad.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 19 Jan 2008 20:57

USA
Rosenior
Cisse
Bikey
Shorey
Convey
Matejovski
Harper
Hunt
2 from Kitson / Doyle / Lita

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 19 Jan 2008 20:57

Uke He's a total waste of money who wil never be good enough for the Premiership!

HobKnob supreme!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Jan 2008 21:01

RoyalBlue However, the fact that we had to gamble and play him when he was suffering from a hamstring problem just shows how badly we still need to strengthen the squad.

So just how many central defenders do you want us to have?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Jan 2008 21:05

Man of the Match for us without a doubt was immense!!

Cookie

Re: Cisse = God (For The Day!)

by Cookie » 19 Jan 2008 21:13

Royal Tezza I thought the big man deserved a thread to himself for his performance today. Sheer class, thrown in at centre back and kept Tevez reasonably quiet all game. Constantly there to throw in a leg or a head to deflect a shot or break up an attack. He may be the answer to our centre back woes if he can keep this up. :P

The boy definately done good. The only dissapointment was the corny song we sang to him from the North stand. Must do better. :lol:

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 19 Jan 2008 21:17

g One swallow doesn't make a summer

But his display against Spurs was also one of the positive points to come from that match. Hopefully I am correct in thinking he will maintain this.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 19 Jan 2008 21:38

percy_freeman
Uke He's a total waste of money who wil never be good enough for the Premiership!

HobKnob supreme!

That's probably worth a whoosh or two, I reckon.

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 19 Jan 2008 22:01

If Cisse keeps putting in performances like that at centre back and Marek can sustain what he did today in 90 minutes, i'm likingthe future 8) [list=][/list]

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 19 Jan 2008 22:05

I have criticised Cisse for some of his performances in midfield this season, and indeed I stand by all those comments, but today he was superb and fully deserved his man of the match award.

It seems that we have discovered a new center back, and now that we have Matejovsky to partner Harps in centre midfield, I feel happier about the rest of the season.

Well done to the whole team today for a superb performance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2008 22:14

Muskrat I have criticised Cisse for some of his performances in midfield this season, and indeed I stand by all those comments, but today he was superb and fully deserved his man of the match award.

It seems that we have discovered a new center back, and now that we have Matejovsky to partner Harps in centre midfield, I feel happier about the rest of the season.

Well done to the whole team today for a superb performance.

If he can focus on being a centreback that means we won't have to replace Duberry at the end of the season/soonish.
Bad news for Pearce though. But providing Bikey can keep up his promise and Sonko can stop giving away stupid penalties and getting red cards that would make us fairly strong at CB

Ingimarsson, Sonko, Bikey, Cisse, Duberry, Pearce, Bennett, Sodje (Although there are question marks about the last 2 if not 3 and Duberry and to a lesser extent Ivar are getting a little on the senior side.

If Cisse finds he's in the defence positionings it means we will now need to find more defensive midfield cover for Harper as Gunnar won't last much longer as cover.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 19 Jan 2008 22:21

Well we've seen today that Hunty can play there and if we get Blakey back by March, then so much the better.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 19 Jan 2008 22:22

Old Biscuitman Some people just never want to cheer up. For the first time since the Liverpool we have something to feel good about, so just smile and relax, guys.

Indeed if the team play to that level in the weeks ahead everything will be fine.
Cisse loks like he could be a really cultured central defender. A bit languid at times but I think we may well have found a new centre half and with Marek hopefully able to make an impact the spine of the side will be stronger.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 19 Jan 2008 22:28

Norfolk Royal Tbf it was Coppell who decided to put him at centre back, so he should take the credit yeah?
Brian McDermott picked the team, though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2008 22:33

Muskrat Well we've seen today that Hunty can play there and if we get Blakey back by March, then so much the better.

I rather feel we need to stop relying on playing people out of position. Even with Little back that gives us:

Convey, Hunt
Harper, Gunnarsson
Matejovski, Fae
Little, Oster

Obviously assuming Cisse stays as for CB. Even though him and possibly Bikey can move into midfield thats not enough bodies or quality. It's fine having players who can play all over. But I still think we need a minimum of two players for each position without taking inito accoutn the versatile ones.

IMO at the moment this is all we have good enough and some of that is dubious.

Hahnemann, Federici (2nd keeper doesn't have to be so great)
Murty, Rosenior
Shorey, DLC
Ingimarsson, Duberry
Sonko, Bikey
-, -
Hunt, Convey
Harper, Cisse(better at CB)
Matejovski, Gunnarsson
Kitson, -
Doyle, Lita

Pearce makes a 5th CB. Long makes an excellent sub striker, but IMO we could do with a Kitsonesq player for when big Dave is out rather than another of the Lita/Doyle role (I'm not saying they play the same way)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Jan 2008 22:39

Question. I'm a little confused and forgetful. Was this the first time Cisse started as CB for us? Was he generally used as midfielder?