Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Villa Match moved

by moo » 27 Jan 2008 13:04

JOG ON!

CocoPops

by CocoPops » 27 Jan 2008 18:11

I think it's disgusting that they allow a change at this late stage!

I booked a 2 week work trip to fly out on the Sunday, allowing me to watch the game.

Are they either going to refund my season ticket seat, or pay to change my flight? Are they bollocks!
Another reason I won't be renewing next year!

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 27 Jan 2008 23:10

I run an under 13 football team with 6 players being Reading season ticket holders.Now the game has been moved to sunday we have to miss the Villa game or forfit the kids match. We have to give a full months notice to postpone a game and now dont have that time. We're pretty pissed off i can tell you. Will be only the 3rd game iv'e missed since the stadium opened :evil:

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 28 Jan 2008 01:13

was also hoping for a victory on my birthday...

opens out options for spending some time with mrs tho...

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 28 Jan 2008 09:58

juanpablo was also hoping for a victory on my birthday...

opens out options for spending some time with mrs tho...

Bad luck all round then.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 28 Jan 2008 10:08

Row Z Royal
Rawlie19 I want them to move the Newcastle game as I come back from Skiing that day and would like to go up again. Sunday or Monday will be great please!

Yes, and ruin all the plane, train and hotels bookings.

No thanks.

If anyone's already made firm travel arrangements for the Newcastle game then more fool them - every year the games towards the end of the season get shifted around with no thought for the fans. IMO, you shouldn't buy train / plane tickets until you know that the game won't be moved (i.e. when both TV companies have released their fixtures for the weekend in question).

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Jan 2008 10:24

Huntley & Palmer Hmm, I know it easier for Villa to offer refunds as their fans are only small in number for this game but I wonder if RFC could not have done the same. Oh and Sunday at 12:30pm is shit, where the oxf*rd am I meant to go for a pre-match pint now?

At least you can attend Shakes, some people on here weren't directly consulted about the date change and have to miss the game completely. Just think what a fun Sunday afternoon we'll have as well, and then into work on Monday with the mother of all hangovers!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2008 16:59

I've booked tickets for this. Which could be a bad idea as it's my birthday the next day and I'm likley to be out celebrating on saturday.

It's going to be interesting seeing how I cope with going clubbing for the first time in about 6 months at Dot Cotton, Cambridge's premier gay night, followed by having to get to Cambridge train station by 9am and trekking through London to the 'Ding for a 12.30 kick off.

Mind you, it can't possibly end up worse than my last few birthdays. Lets hope I don't end up re-decorating a tube station with vomit.

URRZZZZZZZZ!

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 28 Jan 2008 17:41

pathetic. absolutely pathetic.why do they even need to move it? just so we can fit in with their viewing schedules. i thinks its pretty clear where the authorities allegiances lie. they are letting television get monopoly over whether the proper fans can enjoy the game or not. i have never been angry at a decision like this before, but i am now. i am never going to ask for sky again.

oxf*rd murdoch.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Jan 2008 17:57

Royal Monk I run an under 13 football team with 6 players being Reading season ticket holders.Now the game has been moved to sunday we have to miss the Villa game or forfit the kids match. We have to give a full months notice to postpone a game and now dont have that time. We're pretty pissed off i can tell you. Will be only the 3rd game iv'e missed since the stadium opened :evil:

Sky - working for football in the community and grass roots football! :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Jan 2008 21:36

willz_royal pathetic. absolutely pathetic.why do they even need to move it? just so we can fit in with their viewing schedules. i thinks its pretty clear where the authorities allegiances lie. they are letting television get monopoly over whether the proper fans can enjoy the game or not. i have never been angry at a decision like this before, but i am now. i am never going to ask for sky again.

oxf*rd murdoch.

He who pays the piper......

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 29 Jan 2008 07:16

Not that I think it's ever going to happen, but are FC's able to turn round to Sky and say "Actually, we don't want to be on TV that weekend so please find another match" (or something of that ilk)?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 29 Jan 2008 11:39

Silver Fox
Huntley & Palmer Hmm, I know it easier for Villa to offer refunds as their fans are only small in number for this game but I wonder if RFC could not have done the same. Oh and Sunday at 12:30pm is shit, where the oxf*rd am I meant to go for a pre-match pint now?

At least you can attend Shakes, some people on here weren't directly consulted about the date change and have to miss the game completely. Just think what a fun Sunday afternoon we'll have as well, and then into work on Monday with the mother of all hangovers!!

Chances are I can't go now as I already have something arranged for that Sunday!!!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Jan 2008 12:59

So murdoch should have consulted you after all?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jan 2008 08:09

Silver Fox So murdoch should have consulted you after all?!

Maybe he should, as most of us were putting our money into the game (as a whole - not this fixture) long before he turned up and started to eff things up! :evil:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 Jan 2008 10:41

Platypuss
willz_royal pathetic. absolutely pathetic.why do they even need to move it? just so we can fit in with their viewing schedules. i thinks its pretty clear where the authorities allegiances lie. they are letting television get monopoly over whether the proper fans can enjoy the game or not. i have never been angry at a decision like this before, but i am now. i am never going to ask for sky again.

oxf*rd murdoch.

He who pays the piper......

Without the Sky money we would not be able to spend £6 or £7 million on a new player or two......hang on,have I missed something?

Skyline

by Skyline » 30 Jan 2008 12:03

I would find it highly amusing if the fans just point-blank refused to turn up for one of these stupidly timed fixtures.

Can't see it happening, and at the end of the day it probably wouldn't make a shred of difference, but it would be great seeing how the Sky commentators handled having a virtually empty stadium, especially if it had been well-publicised beforehand that it was a protest by the fans.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 Jan 2008 13:06

Skyline I would find it highly amusing if the fans just point-blank refused to turn up for one of these stupidly timed fixtures.

Can't see it happening, and at the end of the day it probably wouldn't make a shred of difference, but it would be great seeing how the Sky commentators handled having a virtually empty stadium, especially if it had been well-publicised beforehand that it was a protest by the fans.

It would be funny and we could all watch the game on TV somewhere.
I suppose we being newbies to the top table don't like it but presumably fans of long-established Premier clubs understand and accept the trade-off for the TV money,or do they?
Even an unglamourous club like Southampton had to wait until mid-October for their second Saturday 3-00 kick-off.
I wonder what happened to them when the TV money ran out? :wink:

anR

by anR » 30 Jan 2008 15:41

Huntley & Palmer where the oxf*rd am I meant to go for a pre-match pint now?

I dunno, but isn't a crate of beer cheaper than about 20 pints in a pub?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 30 Jan 2008 16:54

Have I missed something here ????

Some folks on this thread are stating "I won't renew my season ticket because THEY moved this fixture".

Other than the sheer disbelief at a statement like this, it has actually shaken me into responding.

So SKY move a fixture and, as a result, a current Reading season ticket holder decides not to renew a season ticket for next season.
So if you are so angry with SKY, why do you not renew your SKY package, and therefore vent your frustration on those that caused you
this problem.

There have been numerous posters on here in recent weeks who are not going to renew their season ticket. And for some reason, they
seem to think that everyone wants to know. News for you....WE DON'T.

Over the years and decades since RFC started, fans come and go. This will always be the case. It is just that now, some of the so-called fans use HobNob as a vehicle to proudly state "I had to queue for 7 minutes to buy a beer at half-time, therefore I will NOT be renewing my season ticket" etc etc etc

No one really cares. New fans will take your place. And if you want to go and watch a non-league game in front of 256 people every fortnight, so that you can get back to your car before 10 to 5, then cheerio.

And one final thing. Sky could not care less if the games were played in empty stadiums. It is those at home, that pay the monthly Sky payment, that keep SKY going.