Imbecile convention

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Imbecile convention

by PEARCEY » 15 Apr 2008 19:19

papereyes
Ian Royal
papereyes I actually think the imbeciles are the ones who prattle on about having faith but each to their own.

I'd say the ones in the middle who are concerned but open minded are ok and either ends of the spectrum are the imbeciles.

It is patently obvious that we are not fine and that everything isn't rosey. Equally we are not worse than Derby, relegation is not the end of the world and it isn't certain and hasn't been certain since as early as October. Which some posters would seem to want you to believe.

There has been a certain inevitability to this season.

So you wont be paying any attention to our remaining games then Papereyes because you clearly see it as inevitable that we are going down....surely you have a little bit of hope that the team will stay up...its not like we are 6 points adrift is it?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 15 Apr 2008 19:23

Cod I too am sick to death of it, and will not be coming back.

Seems that with only 9 posts you hardly ever came in the first place. And now you've left us prematurely.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 15 Apr 2008 19:28

Royal Rother
earleyroyal If he left and we got relegated I think it would take 5 years to build another team, rather like it did with the current team.

I really don't see it like that at all.

The team below looks far too strong to be doing anything other than challenging for an auto promotion place if it happens to find itself in the Championship. Compare it with squads of Charlton, Stoke, Bristol City, Hull, Palace, Watford etc. and seriously tell me I'm wrong.

Hahnemann
Rosenior Bikey Sonko Golbourne
Little Marek Harper Hunt
Doyle Kitson

With a decent bench (or 2) in Federici, Cisse, Pearce, Long, Karacan, Henry, Kebe, Duberry, De La Cruz, Oster, Murty I think we still have enough youngish players (mixed with the required experience) to maintain a squad capable of jumping straight back.

I am only assuming Shorey, Convey, Gunnarsson, Lita and Fae depart (I think) and I really can't see any more than 1 or 2 of the rest moving on in the event of relegation.

Would Rosenior, Marek, Hunt, Doyle and Kitson all stay? Most of those more likely to end up as benchwarmers for Prem teams if you ask me. There would certainly be some sort of change to the makeup of the team. Add to this the fact that a large part of success in the Championship is coping with the physical styles and wet windy Tuesdays, which I wouldn't be confident of this team doing.

That said the standard of the Championship is lower than when we joined and left, I still think it would take a while to build another team capable of doing anything meaningful in the Premiership.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 15 Apr 2008 19:35

Royal Rother
earleyroyal If he left and we got relegated I think it would take 5 years to build another team, rather like it did with the current team.

The team below looks far too strong to be doing anything other than challenging for an auto promotion place if it happens to find itself in the Championship. Compare it with squads of Charlton, Stoke, Bristol City, Hull, Palace, Watford etc. and seriously tell me I'm wrong.

Hahnemann
Little Marek Harper Hunt
Doyle Kitson

With a decent bench (or 2) in Federici, Cisse, Pearce, Long, Karacan, Henry, Kebe, Duberry, De La Cruz, Oster, Murty I think we still have enough youngish players (mixed with the required experience) to maintain a squad capable of jumping straight back.

I am only assuming Shorey, Convey, Gunnarsson, Lita and Fae depart (I think) and I really can't see any more than 1 or 2 of the rest moving on in the event of relegation.

The one thing that may well be missing from that team RR, is that indefinable spark that teams get when they are on the up - the feeling of momentum, that the team is going somewhere. I think that the start of the season would be crucial. If we struggle, the top of the table would look a long way away. Of course, in contrast, a few early wins may well see the swagger of 05-07 return.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Apr 2008 19:36

papereyes I actually think the imbeciles are the ones who prattle on about having faith but each to their own.

What is your definition of faith in this context? (Are you referring to faith in the management, or what?)

What is wrong with putting faith in a manager who has brought success to the club? Admittedly most managers do go past their sell-by date eventually - do you really think Coppell has gone past his and that a ruthless cull is required rather than trusting him to sort it out either this or next season?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Apr 2008 19:38

shadesrwrf
Cod I too am sick to death of it, and will not be coming back.

Seems that with only 9 posts you hardly ever came in the first place. And now you've left us prematurely.

Prematurely?? I think he outstayed his welcome..I think he needs to be molly coddled.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 15 Apr 2008 20:08

SpaceCruiser You realise that the majority of the Hob Nobbers stick to AE and leave the Team forum to the negative tossers like Thou Voice, Royalee etc etc?

I may be negative, but I've also been proven correct.

When things align themselves correctly and the Club and the Emperor stops rolling around in the millllllioooons that he has made and he actually invests, then parity will begin to be restored.

So far, the prophecy of what will happen to RFC is proving correct. Listen to me SpaceBucket and you'll never end up disappointed.

TheRealRoyal

by TheRealRoyal » 15 Apr 2008 20:44

Wealdstone at home
Cod I was in the Rose and Thistle on Sat, and the subject of Hobnob came up - to a man, everyone said they dont bother going on here due to the obssesive negativity, utter stupidity, abuse of our players and risble short termism of the posters on here.

I too am sick to death of it, and will not be coming back. Constructive criticism is one thing, but as soon as I saw Coppell, the greatest manager in our history, starting to get abuse for being bald - you pathetic weasels. Well done for poisoning this forum.

Ditto

Well theres another extraordinary contribution gone. 25 whole posts! R.I.P Wealdstone at Home we are alwyas thinking of you.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Apr 2008 20:54

TheRealRoyal
Wealdstone at home
Cod I was in the Rose and Thistle on Sat, and the subject of Hobnob came up - to a man, everyone said they dont bother going on here due to the obssesive negativity, utter stupidity, abuse of our players and risble short termism of the posters on here.

I too am sick to death of it, and will not be coming back. Constructive criticism is one thing, but as soon as I saw Coppell, the greatest manager in our history, starting to get abuse for being bald - you pathetic weasels. Well done for poisoning this forum.

Ditto

Well theres another extraordinary contribution gone. 25 whole posts! R.I.P Wealdstone at Home we are alwyas thinking of you.
Who's "we", thirty-post boy?

TheRealRoyal

by TheRealRoyal » 15 Apr 2008 21:02

[/quote]Who's "we", thirty-post boy?[/quote]

Thats right, pick on the newbie. I see his point about negativity now.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 15 Apr 2008 21:14

Thou Voice
SpaceCruiser You realise that the majority of the Hob Nobbers stick to AE and leave the Team forum to the negative tossers like Thou Voice, Royalee etc etc?

I may be negative, but I've also been proven correct.

When things align themselves correctly and the Club and the Emperor stops rolling around in the millllllioooons that he has made and he actually invests, then parity will begin to be restored.

So far, the prophecy of what will happen to RFC is proving correct. Listen to me SpaceBucket and you'll never end up disappointed.

Dodger, Dodger, Dodger. The real reason I think we'll stay up is because you predicted that we will go down. You have a long and proud tradition of prophesying doom for Reading, and all your predictions have been proven(?) to be false. I do feel sorry for Bristol City, mind, who you said would go up in the same post that you said we'd go down.

Keep up this stupid habit of yours of saying bad things will happen to us, it seems to be working.

Is Fat Sam better than Harry Bassett or Danny Wilson? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps: what's Emporer Akihito got to do with Reading FC??
Last edited by Hampshire Royal on 15 Apr 2008 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Apr 2008 21:15

Like all message boards on any subject, there are about 20% of posters who are rational and balanced and can make reasoned arguments.

The other 80% are split between people who have their opinion (on a player or on anything else) and nothing will change that opinion, and the rest are people who are so shallow that they see things as either black or white, with no shades of grey in between. So for the first group absolutely anything that happens can be twisted to support what they believe, and for the second group if we've won we're the best team in the world and if we've lost we're absolute rubbish and doomed for relegation.

Sadly, in this breakdown of people, HNA? mirrors real life.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 15 Apr 2008 21:16

I was also in the RAT on Saturday. It is the human equivalent of HNA. Groups and cliques of generally like-minded (i.e. all supporting RFC) individuals, but with differing opinions. It is a familiar place to go on a match day, linking as it does beautifully with our old West Reading roots. It is a forum, in a way, although generally the cliques clearly keep themselves to themselves. Each separate clique acknowledges each other's presence in the time-honoured manner of winking at each other or saying 'alright', now and again. It is part of the ritual of following our deficient, but loveable football team. It is no different perhaps, to the Royals Rendezvous, or the Spread. It has a slight cultural difference to the Nag's, perhaps, in a more cosmopolitan approach to burgers. Its greatest beauty is its distance from the town centre, yet proximity, which means it is a haven in which to drink and simply play out our pre-match rituals, which are indeed not much different to the thumb-sucking and breast-feeding we once exhibited as babies, and being able to avoid visiting fans, who are generally odious. We are all, in pursuing pleasure through the arcane and difficult nature of football, seeking comfort. The bus ride, the familiarity of Dave, our beloved driver, the pacifuing carbolic hiss of the toilets.

What does worry me is the appalling state of the pool cues. This disturbs me much more than any perceived spasticity on this website, which can always be avoided simply by not 'logging on' as they say in the modern vernacular. Yes, there are some real mongs at Reading, in and out of the virtual and real world, but that is how the human race is comprised. It is what has brought it to its optimum evolutionary state that we see it in today.

God bless HNA. God bless the RAT. And sympathies to the Nag's, which cannot be acronymed and therefore remains lower-case, until further notice.

Cue 'I'm not reading all that', from whomever.

That is all.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 15 Apr 2008 21:16

I am a 2 in 10, a number on a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 15 Apr 2008 22:06

Royal Rother

Hahnemann
Little Marek Harper Hunt
Doyle Kitson

De La is out of contract in the summer isn't he, so surely he will leave? At 34 he'll probably be considered surplus to requirements having hardly played this season. Shorey and Lita will leave regardless of whether we get relegated or not imo, and if we got relegated I reckon its more likely to be first team players like Hunt, Kitson, Doyle joining Prem teams than fringe players leaving, with the possible exception of Convey.

I also think that we're more likely to sign another left back than play Golbourne considering that Coppell was supposedly only willing to let Shorey go to West Ham in the summer if he could find a replacement.

Nobby

by Nobby » 16 Apr 2008 01:03

Dirk Gently Like all message boards on any subject, there are about 20% of posters who are rational and balanced and can make reasoned arguments.

The other 80% are split between people who have their opinion (on a player or on anything else) and nothing will change that opinion, and the rest are people who are so shallow that they see things as either black or white, with no shades of grey in between. So for the first group absolutely anything that happens can be twisted to support what they believe, and for the second group if we've won we're the best team in the world and if we've lost we're absolute rubbish and doomed for relegation.

Pompous tw@t

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 16 Apr 2008 01:23

Nobby
Dirk Gently Like all message boards on any subject, there are about 20% of posters who are rational and balanced and can make reasoned arguments.

Pompous tw@t

When you search 'Nobby' on google, the first image result links to a website selling 'intimate area shavers', 'vibrating duck massagers' and 'orgasmatrons'. Maybe you should devote your time to this instead of your cutting debate skills?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Apr 2008 11:19

Nobby

Pompous tw@t

That's MISTER Pompous tw@t to you, Sonny!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 16 Apr 2008 11:32

PEARCEY
papereyes
There has been a certain inevitability to this season.

So you wont be paying any attention to our remaining games then Papereyes because you clearly see it as inevitable that we are going down....surely you have a little bit of hope that the team will stay up...its not like we are 6 points adrift is it?

Nope. Never said that we're going to go down, always said that we were really going to struggle - especially as the season progressed.

RR - gonna reply. Moving house today, so limited time on board.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 16 Apr 2008 12:34

Ian Herring I was also in the RAT on Saturday. It is the human equivalent of HNA. Groups and cliques of generally like-minded (i.e. all supporting RFC) individuals, but with differing opinions. It is a familiar place to go on a match day, linking as it does beautifully with our old West Reading roots. It is a forum, in a way, although generally the cliques clearly keep themselves to themselves. Each separate clique acknowledges each other's presence in the time-honoured manner of winking at each other or saying 'alright', now and again. It is part of the ritual of following our deficient, but loveable football team. It is no different perhaps, to the Royals Rendezvous, or the Spread. It has a slight cultural difference to the Nag's, perhaps, in a more cosmopolitan approach to burgers. Its greatest beauty is its distance from the town centre, yet proximity, which means it is a haven in which to drink and simply play out our pre-match rituals, which are indeed not much different to the thumb-sucking and breast-feeding we once exhibited as babies, and being able to avoid visiting fans, who are generally odious. We are all, in pursuing pleasure through the arcane and difficult nature of football, seeking comfort. The bus ride, the familiarity of Dave, our beloved driver, the pacifuing carbolic hiss of the toilets.

What does worry me is the appalling state of the pool cues. This disturbs me much more than any perceived spasticity on this website, which can always be avoided simply by not 'logging on' as they say in the modern vernacular. Yes, there are some real mongs at Reading, in and out of the virtual and real world, but that is how the human race is comprised. It is what has brought it to its optimum evolutionary state that we see it in today.

God bless HNA. God bless the RAT. And sympathies to the Nag's, which cannot be acronymed and therefore remains lower-case, until further notice.

Cue 'I'm not reading all that', from whomever.

That is all.

What he said, +1