Back from the game.....

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the game.....

by juanpablo » 26 Apr 2008 19:10

well it was tense as expected.. to be fair i was surprised at wigan support and thought they out sung us throughout. Fans did ok though and support particularly for Lita pleased me. First half was very even nobody really standing out APART FROM ANDRE BIKEY WHO WAS BRILLIANT IN CENTRE MID. I was well impressed with his calmness and distribution. Most players did ok and battled to the end. Was dissapointed in Hunts corners (as usual) and Doyle just doesant look threatening atall.

Second half i think we were on top and went close with dubes header! Little coming on aslo looked good when given the ball. Im very confident of a result against spurs for me after today id have a midfield of

little marek bikey convey

well done good result boys

onwards and upwards

Yorkshire Royal

Re: Back from the game.....

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Apr 2008 19:16

I suppose I should post this here:

Having just got back, I can report that Lita had quite a good game actually.. Tracked back and din't fall over that much. Almost scored, but then I would have fainted if we had scored... Harper was pretty much ineffectual and terrified to have a shot. When he did, it was rubbish. Bikey was pretty handy but kept being penalised, essentially for being big. Ref had a shocker and appeared to book Shorey for doing the pff training ground throw into the back of your own player and then cross in routine that Utd have been known to do. Quite why the ref thought that was a foul and why it deserved a booking is a mystery. Very confused, but it was a long way away so maybe I missed something. Doobs was alright.. a bit safer then Sonko, but he really is a dirty player...

Kitson must have won about 80% of his headers, but barely had a shot all day. Little looked handy when he came on. Hunt was rubbish.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 26 Apr 2008 19:21

juanpablo well it was tense as expected.. to be fair i was surprised at wigan support and thought they out sung us throughout. Fans did ok though and support particularly for Lita pleased me. First half was very even nobody really standing out APART FROM ANDRE BIKEY WHO WAS BRILLIANT IN CENTRE MID. I was well impressed with his calmness and distribution. Most players did ok and battled to the end. Was dissapointed in Hunts corners (as usual) and Doyle just doesant look threatening atall.

Second half i think we were on top and went close with dubes header! Little coming on aslo looked good when given the ball. Im very confident of a result against spurs for me after today id have a midfield of

onwards and upwards

and drop golden bollocks Harper?.....how dare you!!!

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 26 Apr 2008 19:25

Chaney
juanpablo well it was tense as expected.. to be fair i was surprised at wigan support and thought they out sung us throughout. Fans did ok though and support particularly for Lita pleased me. First half was very even nobody really standing out APART FROM ANDRE BIKEY WHO WAS BRILLIANT IN CENTRE MID. I was well impressed with his calmness and distribution. Most players did ok and battled to the end. Was dissapointed in Hunts corners (as usual) and Doyle just doesant look threatening atall.

onwards and upwards

and drop golden bollocks Harper?.....how dare you!!!

Were you there? Based on your analysis of this match why did Harper deserve not to be part of the team?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 26 Apr 2008 19:32

i was there...

for me personally i was just so impressed with Bikey that i think he defends the middle well enough to accomodate marek (whos passing and vision is better than harpers). Im a big Harper fan but i think at the moment marek and bikey would be a great pairing.

forgot about shoreys booking... truely shocking

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2008 19:37

I have to say I think our best midfield for Spurs would be as above

Little, Bikey, Marek, Convey

Hunt, Harper, Doyle on the bench to provide fit players late on against tiring legs. Not sure about Doobs in defence against Berbatov, would him, Cisse or Sonko be better? I'm assuming not Sonko. Other than that and the defence is ok ish. I'd stick with Lita and Kits starting upfront for the last two games as well.

Unless Doyle/long scores a hat-trick in the next game.

PS wasn't there.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 26 Apr 2008 19:42

juanpablo i was there...

for me personally i was just so impressed with Bikey that i think he defends the middle well enough to accomodate marek (whos passing and vision is better than harpers). Im a big Harper fan but i think at the moment marek and bikey would be a great pairing.

So was I, and I don't disagree with your opinion re the dynamics of the midfield, it's just that there are too many people posting here who are willing to make Harper the scapegoat for what's gone wrong this season (which in my opinion is not that we lost Sidwell but that we did not replace him properly)

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 26 Apr 2008 19:52

wolsey
juanpablo i was there...

So was I, and I don't disagree with your opinion re the dynamics of the midfield, it's just that there are too many people posting here who are willing to make Harper the scapegoat for what's gone wrong this season (which in my opinion is not that we lost Sidwell but that we did not replace him properly)

yes im not really stating harper as done anything wrong but imo bikey and marek is the way forward for spurs. To be honest as crazy as it sounds id rather have harper on the left than hunt, if coppell doesant pick convey.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 26 Apr 2008 20:06

juanpablo yes im not really stating harper as done anything wrong but imo bikey and marek is the way forward for spurs. To be honest as crazy as it sounds id rather have harper on the left than hunt, if coppell doesant pick convey.

Is doesant a typo, or do you seriously believe that it is spelled like that?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 26 Apr 2008 20:10

West Stand Man
juanpablo yes im not really stating harper as done anything wrong but imo bikey and marek is the way forward for spurs. To be honest as crazy as it sounds id rather have harper on the left than hunt, if coppell doesant pick convey.

Is doesant a typo, or do you seriously believe that it is spelled like that?

lol fat fingers mate working and in a rush now

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Apr 2008 20:14

I would go with some of the previous comments about keeping Bikey in central midfield. Perhaps its time for Harps to have a break against Spurs and give Marek the chance to prove against opposition that will allow us to play that he can be a creative force. Heaven knows I'm miserable now(without a goal). Mind you what difference does it make who plays in midfield as we will probably still not score. Mind you this charming man known as Thou Knob will still slate the team whatever the result.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 26 Apr 2008 20:23

It's the best we've played in a while today, and with a little more luck could have won. Wigan didn't really create what you could call clear cut chances. Heskey, Bent, Sibierski and King didn't have a lot of change from Doobs and Ingi. Up front lacks a cutting edge, it's infuriating watching Kitson at the moment. His build-up play is generally good but he then sits in no-mans-land while the cross is fired in. He should be busting a gut to get on the end of it. Doyle did ok on the right I thought, certainly a better option than Oster IMO. Infuriatingly again we struggled to get the ball to Little when he came on, although one piece of great one-touch passing produced a chance for Kitson who's shot was blocked by Taylor. Bikey had a good game in midfield, his physical presence was there for all to see. His touch was excellent as well, he seemed to be the only person capable of bringing the ball down and laying it off simple. In all a decent solid performance against a big powerful Wigan team and I'm quite pleased with a point given the other results today.

Stephen Hunt can quite literally oxf*rd off at the moment though, he is quite simply not good enough. His first, and indeed our first set piece, a corner, was sent straight out of play. He again didn't supply any crosses of note, his touch was shit all game. But he ran around a lot, so that makes it alright :roll: Convey must be wondering how unproductive and shit our current Left Winger has to be to get a game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2008 20:31

PEARCEY I would go with some of the previous comments about keeping Bikey in central midfield. Perhaps its time for Harps to have a break against Spurs and give Marek the chance to prove against opposition that will allow us to play that he can be a creative force. Heaven knows I'm miserable now(without a goal). Mind you what difference does it make who plays in midfield as we will probably still not score. Mind you this charming man known as Thou Knob will still slate the team whatever the result.

LOL

I spot 2, is that all of them?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Apr 2008 20:32

Ian Royal
PEARCEY I would go with some of the previous comments about keeping Bikey in central midfield. Perhaps its time for Harps to have a break against Spurs and give Marek the chance to prove against opposition that will allow us to play that he can be a creative force. Heaven knows I'm miserable now(without a goal). Mind you what difference does it make who plays in midfield as we will probably still not score. Mind you this charming man known as Thou Knob will still slate the team whatever the result.

LOL

You missed one!

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 26 Apr 2008 20:34

PEARCEY
Ian Royal

LOL

You missed one!

?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2008 20:36

gah, not a huge Morrisey fan but a friend is.

Top nobbing that man!

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 26 Apr 2008 20:38

The plus points: Hahnahahmaneman didn't flap... Much, and one sharp save. Bikey immense. Errr, that's about it. Oh, we got a point.

The negatives; as much as I hate to say it Harps was "rubbish" and Hunty worse - almost as bad as Nani for the Munichs. Fulham got 3 points. Again.

Overall, that was possibly the worse Premiership game. Ever. Truly bl00dy awful. Mid table Div ONE standard. Ponderous. No first touch. No vision. No movement. .

Marek for Harps. Little for Doyle. Convey for Hunt. Bryn for Ingi, please.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 26 Apr 2008 20:40

Dick Habbin's hairdo The plus points: Hahnahahmaneman didn't flap... Much, and one sharp save. Bikey immense. Errr, that's about it. Oh, we got a point.

The negatives; as much as I hate to say it Harps was "rubbish" and Hunty worse - almost as bad as Nani for the Munichs. Fulham got 3 points. Again.

Overall, that was possibly the worse Premiership game. Ever. Truly bl00dy awful. Mid table Div ONE standard. Ponderous. No first touch. No vision. No movement. .

And how will an unfit Gunnarsson deal with (potentially) Berbatov and/or Keane?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Apr 2008 20:40

10/10 to Wolsey

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2008 20:41

Dick Habbin's hairdo The plus points: Hahnahahmaneman didn't flap... Much, and one sharp save. Bikey immense. Errr, that's about it. Oh, we got a point.

You want to play a slow central midfielder who has been out for half the season at centre back against Spurs, when our defence just kept a clean sheet?

Are you on medication?