Re: New manager Brendan Rodgers *confirmed*

by Archie's penalty » 20 Sep 2009 15:03

Royalee He is brilliant.

Umm.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New manager [Merged]

by Archie's penalty » 20 Sep 2009 15:11

One Beer is never enough. Please remember, that no matter what he says, Royalee will always be right. We are all just too myopic to see it.

Possibly.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New manager [Merged]

by Archie's penalty » 20 Sep 2009 15:13

PlasticRoyale RODGERS OUT

Good call.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Dec 2009 13:18

readingbedding
STAR Campaigns I rarely venture into "The Team" forum, but as this thread is talking about the methods of Brendan Rodgers I'll share some of what I learnt this afternoon when I was one of 3 STAR Board members invited to meet Brendan and spend some time with him at Hogwood.

What he said was very open, honest and enlightening, as well as being extremely inspiring. He outlined to us his career so far, what makes him the best person for this role and the process of how he came to be appointed. He then talked very openly about his way of working, what's important to him, his football philosophy and his vision for Reading, as well as some of the nuts and bolts (e.g. transfers in progress, etc). It's clear that communication is vital to him (with everyone), and that he is extremely methodical and detail-focused.

I obviously won't share the sensitive stuff about individual players, but some of the things he had to say about his vision and philosophy is superb - and I'm sure just what every supporter wants to hear. This "dossier" that people have leapt to take the piss out is is actually a large book (way more than "80 pages") which outlines all of this vision and philosophy - together with tactics, formations, attributes for each player etc. Reading it certainly inspires me and convinces me that he does know exactly what he's talking about and that he thinks deeply about the game and what he wants to achieve with this club - which is clearly special to him. We asked him how long it took to put together and his reply was "15 years."

I'll write my thought and impressions of this meeting up in more detail for the STAR website in the next few days, but I've come away feeling inspired and extremely confident that he's the best man for this role and that he has the vision and skills to make a great success of it.

The Hobnob cynics will no doubt say I've fallen for his "spin" - believe that if you really want to but my impressions after today are overwhelmingly positive.

Good, what I knew all along, it's for his benefit, and hopefully the players' benefit that he manages as well.
But for players who leave, I doubt they'll stick to his interpretation if they clash with their new manager's interpretation.

Pow!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Dec 2009 13:18

rhroyal
Royalee Can we draw up a list of all the posters badmouthing Rodgers now so we can put them in their place in a year's time?

I hope that we can still do this ^^^^ :mrgreen:

Pow!
Pow!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Feb 2010 14:28

If you have a spare day.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: who do you want as our next manager?

by readingbedding » 18 Feb 2010 14:35

Plymouth_Royal Brian Mcdermott

Good shout!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Mar 2010 14:18

Badabing!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Dec 2019 21:21

Manager of the second placed team in the premier league, who would have thought it all those years ago.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Dec 2019 23:07

SouthDownsRoyal Manager of the second placed team in the premier league, who would have thought it all those years ago.

Liverpool five years ago?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 09 Dec 2019 07:42

URZZZZ
SouthDownsRoyal Manager of the second placed team in the premier league, who would have thought it all those years ago.

Liverpool five years ago?

Yup

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Dec 2019 09:04

If we stuck by him we would have been relegated - Wrong manager for the club at that moment in time.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 09 Dec 2019 10:58

Forbury Lion
If we stuck by him we would have been relegated - Wrong manager for the club at that moment in time.

I do agree

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Dec 2019 10:58

Archie's penalty
Royalee He is brilliant.

Umm.

Umm

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Dec 2019 11:40

There's plenty of managers that organise good players well to get the best from them, but struggle with those that are no so competent.

Rodgers seems to be one of those. Can't deny he's doing a great job at the moment and he's not relying on a Suarez/Sturridge style partnership falling in his lap this time.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 09 Dec 2019 12:53

Forbury Lion

But we'd have probably been promoted the next season and be in the Prem by now if we'd stuck with him ... but agree that at the time he seemed the wrong choice. He was unfortunate that he came in when really no money was available ...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2019 13:08

Royalwaster
Forbury Lion

But we'd have probably been promoted the next season and be in the Prem by now if we'd stuck with him ... but agree that at the time he seemed the wrong choice. He was unfortunate that he came in when really no money was available ...

He'd have jumped ship.

And we got promoted to the PL two seasons later under McD anyway.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Dec 2019 13:22

Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster
Forbury Lion If we stuck by him we would have been relegated - Wrong manager for the club at that moment in time.

He'd have jumped ship.

Arguably would have been in a better “on the field” position with Rodgers though but it’s all something we’ll never know.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2019 13:24

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster

He'd have jumped ship.

Arguably would have been in a better “on the field” position with Rodgers though but it’s all something we’ll never know.

But not on the table, being as wed be on the L1 one.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Dec 2019 14:40

genome
Archie's penalty
Royalee He is brilliant.

Umm.

Umm

"Royalee". He was a fuking weirdo, hated Coppell for no apparent reason.

1747 posts