When will our first signing be?

200 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: When will our first signing be?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Jul 2008 12:29

the club needs stability sacking the manager is the last thing we should do look at sheff utd losing warnock they were terrible in the first half of the season compared to aidy boothroyd at watford who were storming the championship by christmas i would agree that we may need to start looking for a new man but only if were out of the run in by christmas otherwise its pointless

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jul 2008 12:42

Tilehurst Mike
brendywendy
Royalee http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2031633_we_know_who_we_want

Royals’ director of football said: “Brian McDermott (Reading’s chief scout) and I have sat down with Steve and approved potential targets, but at the moment Steve is more concerned with looking at the existing squad."

...So not anytime soon then.

Coppell continues to learn well from his mistakes.

LOLOLOL

again royalee picks on an article that says nothing but sense, picks a few quotes out of context as proof that its nonsense

thus proving that he is a nob

at no point does anyone say we are happy with the squad-hes looking at the squad in training to assess who has rthe right attitude, and who wants out
-before selling them
totally correct attitude

bunch o' gheys-the lot of ya

Our you Coppell's son in disguise? We need a new clean start and Coppell should have called it a day at the end of the season. Whats the point of having him for another year if we are not serious about attempting to get back to the Premiership at the first attempt. If all we are going to do is sell our best players and invest only a fraction of our transfer incomings in to lesser players, then we might as well have appointed a new Manager who could build his own team over the next few years. Coppell seems to be dithering again--nothing new there!

Have you seen the future then?

Can you please confirm then who has been sold, what price we got and who we spent peanuts on as replacements? Oh and if you could let me know where we finished next season that would be great.

The squad has been back for a week, and we are in a very different situation than virtually all the other teams in this division, bar possibly Brum. So judging our movements by other clubs in this divison is pointless.

We have a squad of players that every other club in this division would cry out for and particular players that apparently quite a few Prem teams want. This is a good thing, esp if we keep them. The players have the ability to do well next year, if they are mentally up for the challenge, this is what the management need to judge and can only do that now.

The club apparently know their targets and more than likely have made enquiries, the moves will happen....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jul 2008 12:52

Tilehurst Mike
brendywendy
Royalee http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2031633_we_know_who_we_want

Royals’ director of football said: “Brian McDermott (Reading’s chief scout) and I have sat down with Steve and approved potential targets, but at the moment Steve is more concerned with looking at the existing squad."

...So not anytime soon then.

Coppell continues to learn well from his mistakes.

LOLOLOL

again royalee picks on an article that says nothing but sense, picks a few quotes out of context as proof that its nonsense

thus proving that he is a nob

at no point does anyone say we are happy with the squad-hes looking at the squad in training to assess who has rthe right attitude, and who wants out
-before selling them
totally correct attitude

bunch o' gheys-the lot of ya

Our you Coppell's son in disguise? We need a new clean start and Coppell should have called it a day at the end of the season. Whats the point of having him for another year if we are not serious about attempting to get back to the Premiership at the first attempt. If all we are going to do is sell our best players and invest only a fraction of our transfer incomings in to lesser players, then we might as well have appointed a new Manager who could build his own team over the next few years. Coppell seems to be dithering again--nothing new there!

seems to be doing everything right to me
how is he dithering-seems pretty focusses to me, and all his comments so far have ben nothing but sensible

guess that just a symptom of my delusions though. :roll:

people on here seem to just jump on anything thats said and pick it apart for anything slightly negative

if you felt that strongly maybe you should have organised a demo asking coppell to go
rather than sneering from a distance

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Jul 2008 13:07

Stupid Coppell taking a look at the team as they are at the moment rather than as they were last season

Stupid Coppell reviewing the fringe youth players and deciding whether to bring them on this season

Stupid Coppell not plunging into the market and buying all those quality players who were released by their clubs as soon as the season finished or who want away because they don't get first team games

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 08 Jul 2008 13:23

Stranded Have you seen the future then?

Can you please confirm then who has been sold, what price we got and who we spent peanuts on as replacements? Oh and if you could let me know where we finished next season that would be great.

The squad has been back for a week, and we are in a very different situation than virtually all the other teams in this division, bar possibly Brum. So judging our movements by other clubs in this divison is pointless.

We have a squad of players that every other club in this division would cry out for and particular players that apparently quite a few Prem teams want. This is a good thing, esp if we keep them. The players have the ability to do well next year, if they are mentally up for the challenge, this is what the management need to judge and can only do that now.

The club apparently know their targets and more than likely have made enquiries, the moves will happen....

Great post Stranded.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Jul 2008 13:32

Stranded
Have you seen the future then?

Don't be silly, haven't you read HNA for the last few weeks? We have the weakest squad in the league, those players that are being touted for outgoing transfer aren't worth a fig, none of those quoted as possibly coming in are any better than most of the fans; the worst manager; and a scouting set up that couldn't recognise a pile of crock from a footballer (or that's what you'd think if you believed the pile of crock that some people post here!)

You are, of course totally right in all that you assert above - but it is knocking on a set of firmly closed doors (and even more firmly closed minds).

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jul 2008 16:44

Royalee
brendywendy LOL

ar ethese the teams in the championshiop that were in the main not good enough to go up ahead of teams such as stoke?

in which case i would say they are 3-4 signings away from being good enough for challenging the championship, let alone only getting relegated from the prem by 3 goals

Our current squad isn't good enough to go up, which time will tell. You are again making an assumption that just because we romped the league 3 years ago with a team 3 years younger and a completely different midfield besides Harper, that we will go back up. This of course is in line with your other posts in that it is complete and utter nonsense.

my only real point is: since the vast majority these clubs in your list were poor enough not to get near the playoffs in a poor year for the championship-just putting that they have signed 3 players- there fore they are doing better than us already is disengenuous-since they would need to be buying lots more players of even higher quality to even get to the level of competeing for promotion
it also gives no thought to wthe quality of the signings being made -if a bunch of frees, or pick ups from lower league then they arent really the kind of signing that woudl assuage the ire of people like you.

ive never said we'd romp anything you silly dope-quite happy to challenge for playoffs-as stated previously, many times
and im certainly not making any assumptions about the squad-not least because no ones been bought or sold yet-rendering the discussion slightly pointless
i would assume however- that if we lose a LB, a RW, and a CM that we will buy in new ones, plus perhaps a striker to replace lita/doyle so it wont be anything like the same squad-especially if you lok at whose ben let go so far, and the youth coming through.

so keep your halfformed baseless opinions to yourself please

but if you are looking for a solid concrete quote with which to beat me with next season-you can have this one for free-for what good it will do you
if no one comes in, and no one leaves-this squad will be enough for a top half half finish
:wink:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Jul 2008 17:20

I often wonder why Royalee hasn't been snapped up by a club to be their manager.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2008 18:40

Uke I often wonder why Royalee hasn't been snapped up by a club to be their manager.

He's concentrating on finishing his degree.

g

by g » 08 Jul 2008 20:52

It's good that Shane Long will finally get his year in the Championship

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2008 21:54

I may have already said this, if so probably with a different date, but I reckon we'll sign some one by at worst the 24th July 2008. The optimist in me says we'll get someone really good in on the 17th July 2008

dellwoodboy

by dellwoodboy » 08 Jul 2008 22:44

Okay so I am a Newbie therefore lets get all the insults out of the way first.
Having said that I have been supporting RFC for over 50 years and have always bee a Reading boy even though I have lived at many other places.
I do not get to see too many games due to business commitments and living in devon.
I have been reading HNA for 12 months now and enjoy the views, news and everything else about the site.
I especially enjoy the match thread when there is a game on.
When will our first signing be ? Well along with many other supporters I hope it is soon, the waiting is terrible and even if it is nobody special it will be something to talk about.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2008 22:54

Welcome to the wonderful land of harmony and love.

Don't get sucked into the constant posting. It takes over your life!

Oh and feck of newbie :wink:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Jul 2008 23:14

50 years??!!!

Some newbie.............. :wink:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Jul 2008 18:00

I hope we can sign a leading Championship right winger in the mould of Knightly or Whaley, or even Routledge or Eagles on loan. If not, we'll be gambling on Henry and Kebe- do we really want that risk?

The same applies for Shorey/Golbourne- do Coppell and the backroom staff have faith in Scotty to step up?

Can we have a signing by the 20th please?

zummerset

by zummerset » 09 Jul 2008 18:05

Dellwoodboy. I am disturbed that someone hasn't offered you a traditional greeting.....

So feck off newbie :wink:

Thats twice today - how nice am I!

zummerset

by zummerset » 09 Jul 2008 18:06

zummerset Dellwoodboy. I am disturbed that someone hasn't offered you a traditional greeting.....

So feck off newbie :wink:

Thats twice today - how nice am I!

Bollox -apologies to IR for the duplication

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 09 Jul 2008 18:07

Ian Royal
Uke I often wonder why Royalee hasn't been snapped up by a club to be their manager.

He's concentrating on finishing his degree.

In what? Moron Studies?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Jul 2008 18:11

Reading sign M.Centre for £2million.

In typical Coppell/RFC style it's too little too late and won't be used for a year.

zummerset

by zummerset » 09 Jul 2008 18:23

Alan Partridge Reading sign M.Centre for £2million.

In typical Coppell/RFC style it's too little too late and won't be used for a year.

Will not play, be ignored, publically refuse to play for the reserves and be shipped off to whence he came. Thats the stuff that drives us bananas and the lack of explanation is hardly helping.

I

200 posts