Go away old man

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: When will our first signing be?

by Alan Partridge » 10 Jul 2008 12:47

Stranded
Alan Partridge Not entering this slanging match, what i truly can't understand and am left truly bewildered by is that Coppell STILL can't see this squad needs change and certain areas really need strengthening.

What is it going to take? a 7-0 home defeat to Barnsley? Dagenham to beat us convincingly in the cup? Another relegation? what?? He's had a warning (3-1 at Fulham, 3-0 at Bolton), he's had a polite reminder with a shocking run of results (the 8 in a row) that led to us being very near the drop zone, and ultimately the huge commupence with relegation. Yet all that, despite him himself saying he's made mistakes, too loyal etc, he still won't fcuking bring anyone in!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe what i was reading there. If he fails to bring suitable players in this summer it will be the final straw for me personally.

Even if the current squad challenge for promotion?

But it doesn't say he's not bringing anyone in. He say's we need a right winger and that he's looking for "young and hungry" players ie the sort of players that we have signed successfully over Coppell's time here.

That we've signed with mixed results over Coppell's time here.

I didn't word it right, you and the other poster are right in that he doesn't say 'we aren't signing anyone' to have 'nothing close' to me that sounds we have made little or no enquiries, no firm targets and certainly no bids and we are less than a month away from the first game of the season is bewildering and hugely disappointing.

BBTSA

by BBTSA » 10 Jul 2008 12:50

Alan Partridge
Stranded
Alan Partridge Not entering this slanging match, what i truly can't understand and am left truly bewildered by is that Coppell STILL can't see this squad needs change and certain areas really need strengthening.

What is it going to take? a 7-0 home defeat to Barnsley? Dagenham to beat us convincingly in the cup? Another relegation? what?? He's had a warning (3-1 at Fulham, 3-0 at Bolton), he's had a polite reminder with a shocking run of results (the 8 in a row) that led to us being very near the drop zone, and ultimately the huge commupence with relegation. Yet all that, despite him himself saying he's made mistakes, too loyal etc, he still won't fcuking bring anyone in!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe what i was reading there. If he fails to bring suitable players in this summer it will be the final straw for me personally.

Even if the current squad challenge for promotion?

But it doesn't say he's not bringing anyone in. He say's we need a right winger and that he's looking for "young and hungry" players ie the sort of players that we have signed successfully over Coppell's time here.

That we've signed with mixed results over Coppell's time here.

I didn't word it right, you and the other poster are right in that he doesn't say 'we aren't signing anyone' to have 'nothing close' to me that sounds we have made little or no enquiries, no firm targets and certainly no bids and we are less than a month away from the first game of the season is bewildering and hugely disappointing.

Lets be honest, for the last 18 months we have all been saying that Coppell is dump in the market and that we need new players. He finally comes out and says he was wrong and that he should have bought players.

Now we get the same old shit from him all over again.

I really can't believe it to be honest. We have been let down

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 10 Jul 2008 12:51

BBTSA
Roger the Rabbit
BBTSA
I DID renew, stupidly

I guess that's how you do everything...

Go away old man

Age discrimination legislation means that comment is unacceptable.

I demand an apology.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Jul 2008 12:52

Roger the Rabbit
BBTSA
I DID renew, stupidly

I guess that's how you do everything...

That's lovely stuff tbf :lol:

BBTSA

by BBTSA » 10 Jul 2008 12:52

I guess that's how you do everything...[/quote]

Go away old man[/quote]

I demand an apology.[/quote]

Fun guy, please come out drinking with us before the football

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jul 2008 12:53

If that's how you take it, AP, fair enough.

I just take it as we know what we need, who we want but no-one is likely to sign in the next few days at the time of the interview.

That was yesterday or perhaps Tuesday so things may have changed since then.

I just can't see the point in putting so much weight on comments made at a moment in time esp when looking on the negative. They're quite netural non commital comments really. I'd put them in the same vain as a manager refusing to talk about a player under contract somewhere else....

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 10 Jul 2008 12:55

BBTSA I guess that's how you do everything...

Go away old man[/quote]

I demand an apology.[/quote]

Fun guy, please come out drinking with us before the football[/quote]

Mine's half a stout !

I look forward to meeting up...

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 10 Jul 2008 12:55

BBTSA
Bill Oddie's Beard
BBTSA great minds think alike

Through thick and thin ffs.

People can take us being shit, it's par for the course. Its the lies and bullshit from the club people take a dislike to.

Fair enough don't renew your season ticket, I'm sure you'll be sorely missed. If we go straight back up then more fool you for missing out on another fantastic campaign, if we don't, then you'd still have missed out on supporting your team for a year, regardless of how its run and how much you dislike the people that run it. Tbh I get fcuked off with evrything that madejski spouts, only to see nothing happen, but I'd rather be pissed off watching Reading than sat down the pub or in my front room moaning about it.[/quote]

Read my post you dick, I didnt say that.

I DID renew, stupidly[/quote]

No need for name calling... I wrote that before I read your post and it's still relevant to those who previously said that haven't renewed their st.

BBTSA

by BBTSA » 10 Jul 2008 12:57

Passions are running high among the fans.

If only the club could replicate

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Jul 2008 12:59

Stranded If that's how you take it, AP, fair enough.

I just take it as we know what we need, who we want but no-one is likely to sign in the next few days at the time of the interview.

That was yesterday or perhaps Tuesday so things may have changed since then.

I just can't see the point in putting so much weight on comments made at a moment in time esp when looking on the negative. They're quite netural non commital comments really. I'd put them in the same vain as a manager refusing to talk about a player under contract somewhere else....

y'know if it had been the first time i'd heard that exact same interview I would be thinking the same, it really is Groundhog Day . Personally feel the exact opposite to you first line, I' don't think they've got a clue who they want and they are certainly not at a stage to even start negotiations with anyone/ any club. It's the exact same stuff they've come out with for almost 3 years now, it ends with no one of note signing, saying we tried but no one wanted to come, then we are happy with what we've got, followed by we need to do something in January, followed by we are happy with what we've got.

Round and round it goes, when will it stop? When Coppell goes!

(I'm not advocating that he leaves just yet, just that it rhymed fairly nicely ;) )

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Jul 2008 13:01

It's funny how people often blame Madejski for lack of signings, but we seemed to be in the market for players all the time when Pardew was here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for him to come back, but it certainly isn't as hard to attract players as Coppell makes out.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 10 Jul 2008 13:03

BBTSA Passions are running high among the fans.

At least we'll all have something to agree on tomorrow when the beautiful new kit is launched :wink:

BBTSA

by BBTSA » 10 Jul 2008 13:04

Royalee It's funny how people often blame Madejski for lack of signings, but we seemed to be in the market for players all the time when Pardew was here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for him to come back, but it certainly isn't as hard to attract players as Coppell makes out.

Shorey
Little (Loan)
Sidwell
Harper
Upson (Loan)

All quality pards signings and most were the main reason we did so well in the prem 2 years ago.

BBTSA

by BBTSA » 10 Jul 2008 13:06

Bill Oddie's Beard

At least we'll all have something to agree on tomorrow when the beautiful new kit is launched :wink:

Thing is, I never really care about kits. I never wear or buy them and dont have children to buy them for so not even that will get me excited..

BBTSA

by BBTSA » 10 Jul 2008 13:07

Bill Oddie's Beard

I think I missed the sarcasm there
Last edited by BBTSA on 10 Jul 2008 13:07, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Jul 2008 13:07

BBTSA
Royalee It's funny how people often blame Madejski for lack of signings, but we seemed to be in the market for players all the time when Pardew was here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for him to come back, but it certainly isn't as hard to attract players as Coppell makes out.

Shorey
Little (Loan)
Sidwell
Harper
Upson (Loan)

All quality pards signings and most were the main reason we did so well in the prem 2 years ago.

You do know that PArds had his fair share of shockers in the market too?

One thing Pardew was significantly better than Coppell at was the use of the loan market.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 10 Jul 2008 13:09

BBTSA
Bill Oddie's Beard

Thing is, I never really care about kits. I never wear or buy them and dont have children to buy them for so not even that will get me excited..

I just can't win with you :cry:

BBTSA

by BBTSA » 10 Jul 2008 13:09

Alan Partridge
BBTSA

Shorey
Little (Loan)
Sidwell
Harper
Upson (Loan)

One thing Pardew was significantly better than Coppell at was the use of the loan market.

Yeah I would agree with that. He just seemed more proactive in the market. I strongly believe that we would have had a brilliant season that year he left, if he stayed. He never rested on his team, always looked to strengthen it

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Jul 2008 13:11

Alan Partridge
BBTSA

Shorey
Little (Loan)
Sidwell
Harper
Upson (Loan)

Whilst I'd agree he got some wrong, he has a lot better record than Coppell in the transfer market. His weaknesses were tactically (not that Coppell's particularly astute in that area himself) and being too abbrasive with certain individuals, ie Butler and Cureton.

200 posts