Madejski being booed yesterday

330 posts
ellpryjon

Re: Madejski being booed yesterday

by ellpryjon » 31 Aug 2008 13:04

Schards#2 Madejski deserves total respect for what he did from the moment he took over until about a year ago.

Since then, he's made it clear he wants out and his runnng of the club has reflected that. The suporters don't want out, they are still investing in the club season in and season out and rightly feel insulted by being asked by Madejski to up their game.

He been a hero of this club but Steve Bull is a Wolves legend and they don't play him up front any more.

when did madjeski play up front then?

different kettle of fish im afraid. Steve Bull has long gone. And a striker has replaced him. And another one replacing him, and so on.

A club changing chairmen every few seasons, is a club in trouble.

once again fans fail to realise, that they got thier wishes, and he left we would be in trouble.
Yes, he wants to sell, but to right person, that's fair enough.
And i dont agreed with him on the pitch at halftime.
However, these conspiricy theories that he siphoning money, are stupid to say the least.

The club has to be run as a business, unfortunatly. And fooball clubs have other costs apart from transfer fees. They very rarely make money. So idiots arguing that he has pocketed the transfer/premiership money, have proven they have not know the first thing about running a business, and seem happy to jump on the conspiricy bandwagon.

Be careful what you wish for.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:05

Lower West John Madejski is an investor that he is running he club within proper financial constraints. All the players that have left , ie Shorey, Sonko, Kitson, Sidwell went for bigger pay packets not for winning something in their careers.

The crux of my argument is that personally I don't have a beef with Madesjki limiting the funds he puts into RFC (if any at the moment) - it's his constant Ego stroking pitch side wanders and frankly rediculous comments which make me think he's lost his marbles. My personal view is he is doing RFC more harm than good.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2008 13:05

Arch I can't comprehend why a day after we beat a Neil Warnock team 4-2 and after a week in which we scored nine goals and featured several members of our long awaited academy, anyone's first instinct this morning should be to start yet another negative thread making exactly the same points as were made ad nauseam yesterday, last week and all summer long. Turn it off and get behind a winning team.

I read every post, about to make a comment about not booing but also not cheering Madesjki, until I read this.

Good point well made. We need reminding every so often.

Let's get behind a winning team.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 31 Aug 2008 13:06

I neither clapped nor booed Madejski. I have always clapped him in the past but thought doing nothing would show I am not joyful in abundance. I would never boo, as that would be disrespectful to all he has done for my club. One of the things that set human beings apart from other creatures is our power to remember what those have done before the last couple of weeks.

I clapped John Oster. As a fan, all I ask is the player try their hardest and then they are fine by me. I would/will clap Kitson and Sonko out of respect for what they have done and I would really clap Little and Shorey. Yes we pay money but get entertained and watch the club we love, we sit in the stands and eat burgers as our players run around in the blistering sunshine or atrocious rain.

Those of you who booed Oster, you are not good Reading fans, you are imbeciles.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:09

Arch I can't comprehend why a day after we beat a Neil Warnock team 4-2 and after a week in which we scored nine goals and featured several members of our long awaited academy, anyone's first instinct this morning should be to start yet another negative thread making exactly the same points as were made ad nauseam yesterday, last week and all summer long. Turn it off and get behind a winning team.

It's not a negative thread. It's a reflexion on how disenfranchised Madejski's becoming from RFC, supporters and the real world.
I was very impressed with Pearce yesterday - he looked as if he'd been a first team regular for a number of years and at least the team looked a bit more balanced with a proper LB. I'm not pessimistic. I think we've done OK for the start of the season.

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 31 Aug 2008 13:11

Some people on here have short memories.
Some of the rest of us can remember when the likes of TB2 and Parjudas were spending the chairman's money without ever selling one player for more than about two bob.
During these years Madejski was continually shelling out, albeit in the form of loans, no doubt.
This apparently continued into the Coppel era with the likes of Lita for 1M.

Now that Reading has players on its books who are attracting offers from bigger clubs and the players want to leave, can you really blame JM for recovering his loans? Especially when he is preparing to hand over to any suitable propespective buyer?
Last edited by Far Canal on 31 Aug 2008 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 13:11

Madjeski has not produced as a chairman and the people who are sticking up for him and naieve, going back to our promo season how much had been spent on that squad? the enire starting eleven was worth about a million quid. The only Money he has spent is on the stadium and hotel. Which he would not have spent the money on unless he was going to get a return the man is after his OBE not the succsess of the football club. Dave Whelan on the other hand actually shows how a chairman should be, worth alot less than mad but has put 3 maybe 4 times the amount of money into the club. Wigan are everything we should be and more. To the people who say we would not be where we are today without him you are correct we would be higher. We live in one of the richest areas of the country with a fastley growing population and economy. Any chairman would have been prepared to put up a twenty million club loan to build the stadium, Swansea have done it doncaster have done MK dons have done it smaller clubs than ourselves with less resources, population and economic potential than us. Coppell is the man wo has got us to where we are not Madjeski!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:12

Royal Lady Watch it Cheesey. :evil:

Just messin.

I'm home alone today so am a little giddy. Intend to watch the cricket while doing the ironing - if it ever starts!

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 31 Aug 2008 13:13

WoodleyRoyal the man is after his OBE

Durr........he has already got it.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 13:14

Knight hood then :roll:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:15

Far Canal
WoodleyRoyal the man is after his OBE

Durr........he has already got it.

He's after his passport.

No, hang on - that's Al Fayed.

I think he'll bolt when the knighthood is firmly in his grasp. Auction houses across the land will be rubbing their hands as he goes on an Art Spending spree........

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 13:16

georgerob all madejski cares about is getting as much money as possible for himself so when he sells the club he can rub his hands in glee for the money he has gained. Thats why he is hardly investing in the squad and paying as little wages as possible so he comes out of his time with reading having gained a lot of money. Coming out with the comments he said about salaries the other week aswell he deserves to get booed, i just think he's lost the plot :)

You think he has lost the plot? I would very much question whether you have ever had any kind of plot yourself? In fact I would question whether you are either a child or mental? Either way that is no excuse for one of the more ridiculous things I've seen written on here.

Actually this poster sums up rather well the people that have constantly lambasted Madejski over recennt weeks - completely diluded and basing all of the criticisms on ridiculous assumptions.

As I looked around me in the East Stand as Madesjki was abused by a few select or "special" supporters yesterday I realised exactly what he is up against. I thought the chap sat at the very back of the East Stand with a gold tacky soverign on every finger and a pair of dodgy hoop earings, berating Madejski furiously with fist clenched, sums up the anti-Madejski movement. His crazy rantings confirming a complete lack of understanding of Football, a trait consistent with other believers.

Face it - you cannot justifiably boo Madejski. That implies he has done some great wrong to RFC. He hasn't. Sure he hasn't given enough of his personal fortune to the club as you would like but that does not mean he his a bad person as people on here constantly suggest. People can't quite seem to grasp the concept that players are not now, and haven't been for the last two years either, queing up to joing Reading Football Club. We had bids accepted for Lescott and Brown (both turned as down as we are not a big club and generally gd players prefer to play for the bigger clubs) BUT we have seen money be available to buy the likes of Halford, Fae, Bikey, Seol, Lita, Cisse, Kebe, Rosenior, Armstrong, N. Hunt and Matejovski. As far as we know Coppell has always had the money to buy players when requested and he untill someone from inside the club complains otherwise that is exactly what I am going to believe. I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and be critical of the club on the assumption there are players that wont to join Reading, better than the current players, but Madejski refuses to allow transfer money to be available.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 13:18

so your telling me that spending nearly £10,000 to follow the club home and away for the last five years barley missing a game i dont have a right to boo?

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 31 Aug 2008 13:18

WoodleyRoyal Madjeski has not produced as a chairman and the people who are sticking up for him and naieve, going back to our promo season how much had been spent on that squad? the enire starting eleven was worth about a million quid. The only Money he has spent is on the stadium and hotel. Which he would not have spent the money on unless he was going to get a return the man is after his OBE not the succsess of the football club. Dave Whelan on the other hand actually shows how a chairman should be, worth alot less than mad but has put 3 maybe 4 times the amount of money into the club. Wigan are everything we should be and more. To the people who say we would not be where we are today without him you are correct we would be higher. We live in one of the richest areas of the country with a fastley growing population and economy. Any chairman would have been prepared to put up a twenty million club loan to build the stadium, Swansea have done it doncaster have done MK dons have done it smaller clubs than ourselves with less resources, population and economic potential than us. Coppell is the man wo has got us to where we are not Madjeski!

how is that then?

stadium was £50Million iirc

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:20

voice of reason
georgerob all madejski cares about is getting as much money as possible for himself so when he sells the club he can rub his hands in glee for the money he has gained. Thats why he is hardly investing in the squad and paying as little wages as possible so he comes out of his time with reading having gained a lot of money. Coming out with the comments he said about salaries the other week aswell he deserves to get booed, i just think he's lost the plot :)

You think he has lost the plot? I would very much question whether you have ever had any kind of plot yourself? In fact I would question whether you are either a child or mental? Either way that is no excuse for one of the more ridiculous things I've seen written on here.

Actually this poster sums up rather well the people that have constantly lambasted Madejski over recennt weeks - completely diluded and basing all of the criticisms on ridiculous assumptions.

As I looked around me in the East Stand as Madesjki was abused by a few select or "special" supporters yesterday I realised exactly what he is up against. I thought the chap sat at the very back of the East Stand with a gold tacky soverign on every finger and a pair of dodgy hoop earings, berating Madejski furiously with fist clenched, sums up the anti-Madejski movement. His crazy rantings confirming a complete lack of understanding of Football, a trait consistent with other believers.

Face it - you cannot justifiably boo Madejski. That implies he has done some great wrong to RFC. He hasn't. Sure he hasn't given enough of his personal fortune to the club as you would like but that does not mean he his a bad person as people on here constantly suggest. People can't quite seem to grasp the concept that players are not now, and haven't been for the last two years either, queing up to joing Reading Football Club. We had bids accepted for Lescott and Brown (both turned as down as we are not a big club and generally gd players prefer to play for the bigger clubs) BUT we have seen money be available to buy the likes of Halford, Fae, Bikey, Seol, Lita, Cisse, Kebe, Rosenior, Armstrong, N. Hunt and Matejovski. As far as we know Coppell has always had the money to buy players when requested and he untill someone from inside the club complains otherwise that is exactly what I am going to believe. I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and be critical of the club on the assumption there are players that wont to join Reading, better than the current players, but Madejski refuses to allow transfer money to be available.

So, are you saying that there were no middle class people booing?

I couldn't tell from the radio coverage.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 31 Aug 2008 13:21

WoodleyRoyal so your telling me that spending nearly £10,000 to follow the club home and away for the last five years barley missing a game i dont have a right to boo?

do what you want, but to use a idiotic view point to justify it is wrong.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 13:27

WoodleyRoyal so your telling me that spending nearly £10,000 to follow the club home and away for the last five years barley missing a game i dont have a right to boo?

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, no matter how much they have spent following the club. If that opinion is ill informed then expect that opinion to be questioned, as I have just done. The point is you cant JUSTIFY booing him. Do you know what that word means? E.g. you have no actual reason to, your reasons are based purely on assumptions which are more than likely not at all accurate. So you can boo him if you so wish but expect to sound a bit stupid when asked why you are booing.

P.s. £10,000? Unless you have been spending an average of 40 quid per match for 50 games a season I struggle to see where this figure comes from. Are you 15?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 13:28

behave i have a right to boo im a paying custumer it my right to complain

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 13:31

Royal With Cheese
voice of reason

So, are you saying that there were no middle class people booing?

I couldn't tell from the radio coverage.

I unfortunately didn't get a socio-economic profile for every person in the stadium booing, I'll try next time. However most of the people booing near me were certainly either kids or grown up chavs.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 31 Aug 2008 13:32

But I seriously doubt any kids would boo unless some adults did... or they read this everyday and decided they were STG's

330 posts