Madejski being booed yesterday

330 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Madejski being booed yesterday

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 13:32

voice of reason
WoodleyRoyal so your telling me that spending nearly £10,000 to follow the club home and away for the last five years barley missing a game i dont have a right to boo?

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, no matter how much they have spent following the club. If that opinion is ill informed then expect that opinion to be questioned, as I have just done. The point is you cant JUSTIFY booing him. Do you know what that word means? E.g. you have no actual reason to, your reasons are based purely on assumptions which are more than likely not at all accurate. So you can boo him if you so wish but expect to sound a bit stupid when asked why you are booing.

P.s. £10,000? Unless you have been spending an average of 40 quid per match for 50 games a season I struggle to see where this figure comes from. Are you 15?

Korea pre-season and two trips to sweden not cheap chap :wink: this just dosent relate to this season he shuld have coughed up last season and the assets we have sold this year is the final nail in the coffin

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 31 Aug 2008 13:38

As I say on every threat on this subject.

Is there anyone who think that if we had a new owner, Coppell would have spent any more money?

The answer is no.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:40

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe As I say on every threat on this subject.

Is there anyone who think that if we had a new owner, Coppell would have spent any more money?

The answer is no.

Well you're wrong. I think he would.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 31 Aug 2008 13:41

The actual answer is we don't know. I can hardly see JM going up to SC and encouraging him to buy established players, maybe a new owner would. But SC said it himself, he likes to look at players from the lower leagues (see fans forum)

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 31 Aug 2008 13:43

Royal With Cheese

The answer is no.

lol so that is fact then....... whatever you think constitutes fact?

tw@t

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 13:45

kwik-silva But I seriously doubt any kids would boo unless some adults did... or they read this everyday and decided they were STG's

Personally I think you would be surprised by the average age of fans on Hobnob, both actual and mental. The kids on my row that were booing were basing there argument on the same issues that most STG's do. They just see the fact we have made 11 million from selling players but only spent about 1 million of that. Failing, like most STG's, to consider the implications of "balancing the books" and the concept of "really good established players don't want to play for us".

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2008 13:45

The answer is no.

No brainer. Of course he would. :roll:

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 31 Aug 2008 13:46

I found this quote from JM - "I believe that Premiership football clubs will become the essential fashion accessory of the billionaire." - so if we can get into the PL maybe we might find a billionaire buyer!!

Or perhaps not

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 31 Aug 2008 13:47

no-one booed where I was.
silence is the best.
have some manners.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 13:47

i see where your coming from with that as coppell has proven in the past he cant deal with top players but with millions at his disposa the pressure from the fans to spend would have forced him too

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:50

ellpryjon
Royal With Cheese

The answer is no.

lol so that is fact then....... whatever you think constitutes fact?

tw@t

Are you struggling with the definition of the word think in the context of the sentence posed?
We're dealing with opinions, not facts here. This is my belief.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 13:50

WoodleyRoyal
voice of reason
WoodleyRoyal so your telling me that spending nearly £10,000 to follow the club home and away for the last five years barley missing a game i dont have a right to boo?

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, no matter how much they have spent following the club. If that opinion is ill informed then expect that opinion to be questioned, as I have just done. The point is you cant JUSTIFY booing him. Do you know what that word means? E.g. you have no actual reason to, your reasons are based purely on assumptions which are more than likely not at all accurate. So you can boo him if you so wish but expect to sound a bit stupid when asked why you are booing.

P.s. £10,000? Unless you have been spending an average of 40 quid per match for 50 games a season I struggle to see where this figure comes from. Are you 15?

Korea pre-season and two trips to sweden not cheap chap :wink: this just dosent relate to this season he shuld have coughed up last season and the assets we have sold this year is the final nail in the coffin

So you think we should have kept hold of our "assets" in the form of Kitson, Shorey and Sonko? Despite thier desire to leave the club? Did you learn nothing from our second season in the PL. When a player no longer wants to play for the club, it shows in their and consequentially the teams performances. And coughed up on who exactly? This isn't Championship Manager my friend there isn't a huge list of interested players just because you are in the PL. Fact is if the players had of performed as they had of done in the first season JM wouldn't have needed to cough up on anyone. Coppell has already admitted he made the mistake of staying loyal to the players that had served him well for too long. Maybe you should boo him then?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Aug 2008 13:53

so your telling me that spending nearly £10,000 to follow the club home and away for the last five years barley missing a game i dont have a right to boo

How you spent your money is your choice. How much of the £10,000 actually went into the coffers of Reading FC ? Very little.

So why make a personal statement against a guy that sank £40 million of his own personal money into the club that meant that we all got the chance to see Premiership football for 2 seasons. ( The £40 million was spent over 8 years ago ).

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:54

voice of reason Coppell has already admitted he made the mistake of staying loyal to the players that had served him well for too long. Maybe you should boo him then?

AHA! I wonder when someone would come up with this.

Coppell hasn't made preposterous comments attributed to Madejski and he doesn't stride round the pitch at half time massaging his over-inflated ego perhaps?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 13:57

gee let me think we finnished 8th first season i sure attracting players would not have been as difficult as you may think how many loan players were available we never got linked with one if the likes of arsenals youth team are prepared to go on loan to birmingham in the champ surely we can pick up denilson on loan for the season he played hardley any times we were crying out for a right winger all season last sason jermain pennant played less than 10 prem games he's now going to STOKE 4.5 mill Wayne routledge jimmy bullard jason koumas to name but a few

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 31 Aug 2008 13:59

So it's not the money you hold against him, it's the fact that he sticks his neck out to support the team in front of everyone on the pitch and complains about inflated wage packets that most people gripe about and that are some of the highest in the Championship anyway?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 13:59

Lower West
so your telling me that spending nearly £10,000 to follow the club home and away for the last five years barley missing a game i dont have a right to boo

How you spent your money is your choice. How much of the £10,000 actually went into the coffers of Reading FC ? Very little.

So why make a personal statement against a guy that sank £40 million of his own personal money into the club that meant that we all got the chance to see Premiership football for 2 seasons. ( The £40 million was spent over 8 years ago ).

40 mill?
Madejski has not put anywhere near as much into the club. I would be surprised if RFC owe JM any money at this moment in time.

And this, my friends, is the genius of the man. He can convince a proportion of the Reading public that not only has he sunk considerable sums into the club but that our 2 premiership seasons have produced a defacit of funds.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:00

Lower West

40 million quid over 8 years from someone who is worth nearley 400million where he has the opptunity to get some money back i spend 10,000 quid over 5 years and i'm worth nothing with the opptunity of recieving nothing back

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 14:01

Sarah Star So it's not the money you hold against him, it's the fact that he sticks his neck out to support the team in front of everyone on the pitch and complains about inflated wage packets that most people gripe about and that are some of the highest in the Championship anyway?

WHAT?

You really think he's just out there to whip the crowd up into a frenzy?

Wow.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2008 14:02

Until Madejski does something to put the club in jeopardy or brings the club into disrepute I see no reason to boo him what-so-ever.

Icily ignore him as he goes off on one maybe, but not boo.

And personally whilst it may have been inappropriate for HIM to try and rally the supporters after some of his recent comments, a rallying cry is exactly what the club needs to move it all; players, staff and fans in the right direction and build some momentum and confidence.

Before the game and still to a certain extent the fans are too busy argueing about who's to blame and what should be done to get behind the team as effectively as they can for a full 90 minutes.

At least that is the way I see things.

330 posts