Madejski being booed yesterday

330 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Madejski being booed yesterday

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:03

we spent the least amount of money out of all prem sides since the turn of the century

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2008 14:03

Royal With Cheese
Lower West
so your telling me that spending nearly £10,000 to follow the club home and away for the last five years barley missing a game i dont have a right to boo

How you spent your money is your choice. How much of the £10,000 actually went into the coffers of Reading FC ? Very little.

So why make a personal statement against a guy that sank £40 million of his own personal money into the club that meant that we all got the chance to see Premiership football for 2 seasons. ( The £40 million was spent over 8 years ago ).

40 mill?
Madejski has not put anywhere near as much into the club. I would be surprised if RFC owe JM any money at this moment in time.

And this, my friends, is the genius of the man. He can convince a proportion of the Reading public that not only has he sunk considerable sums into the club but that our 2 premiership seasons have produced a defacit of funds.

Now that is just barking mad.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 31 Aug 2008 14:04

Royal With Cheese Are you struggling with the definition of the word think in the context of the sentence posed?
We're dealing with opinions, not facts here. This is my belief.

in that case you would of said "i think you're wrong" ...... :roll:

HTH

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:06

no not barking mad its no coincedence we never annonce our pre tax profits cause if we did we would be going mental

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 31 Aug 2008 14:07

John Madejski is a businessman, he made a lot of money from Thames Valley Trader and other assorted traders and sold them.
He bought Reading FC when no other jacksh1t wanted it. He wasn't especially interested in football.
Having thrown various amounts at RFC, he's now been getting his money back and, as more of a viable concern (than a pisspoor Div 3 club in 1990 odd), will sell to a suitable buyer.
People seem shocked.

Meantime various 12 year olds on this forum who have little or no idea of the dump of a level of ground, of football even (dare I say) of organisation that used to pervade this football club cry baby tears that we're somehow not Chelsea (who were pure virtual bankrupt dump for much of the 80s) and don't seem to get it at all.

When the former PM or whatever of Thailand comes in with his tortured billions (yeah, I'd love to be a City fan right now) then maybe you can stamp your feet and argue for the big boys to come here. Truth is: Reading FC is still a very very small club in the world. We have come a hell of a long way in only 12 or so years, but it is still a long way to go even to be PL second raters ie: that goal we achieved in 06/07). This is not London, Madrid, Rome or even Manchester - dream on folks.

Without Madejski there would not be a football club in Reading and there'd be nothing for expats like me to worry about. Sure, I've been frustrated when we haven't bought players and when we've sold our better players. Oddly enough this has always happened. Hopefully yesterday's blooding of the young players is a good sign for the future and we can keep moving on.

So, stop fackin' moaning - for a while at least!

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:09

Royal With Cheese
voice of reason Coppell has already admitted he made the mistake of staying loyal to the players that had served him well for too long. Maybe you should boo him then?

AHA! I wonder when someone would come up with this.

Coppell hasn't made preposterous comments attributed to Madejski and he doesn't stride round the pitch at half time massaging his over-inflated ego perhaps?

Good use of spin.

Preposterous comments? Thats your opinion. If you are refering to the BBC Radio Berks then considering the BBC Sport website used this as a main feature on the Championship page for over 2 weeks I think they would disagree that the comments were preposterous.

Stride round the pitch? Again good use of the word stride to try and make him sound arrogant, have you ever had a job in the press? Where you at the match to see him "stride around the pitch" yesterday?

Massaging his over-inflated ego? Maybe his appearances are a genuine attempt to get the crowd going and help the team win?

Again you are basing your criticisms on ASSUMPTIONS. Regardless of whether he has an over inflated ego or not, in reference to your original point, you are suggesting that because he has an ego, and likes to be applauded in the stadium he paid for by the fans he encouraged to start supporting the club he deserves to be booed for that? God I would hate to see what you would do if someone really did something bad to you!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2008 14:10

WoodleyRoyal no not barking mad its no coincedence we never annonce our pre tax profits cause if we did we would be going mental

Oh good, another financial conspiracy theorist.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Aug 2008 14:11

voice of reason Again you are basing your criticisms on ASSUMPTIONS. Regardless of whether he has an over inflated ego or not, in reference to your original point, you are suggesting that because he has an ego, and likes to be applauded in the stadium he paid for by the fans he encouraged to start supporting the club he deserves to be booed for that? God I would hate to see what you would do if someone really did something bad to you!!

I'm not aware that Madejski paid for the stadium - he may have underwritten a large chunk of the finance required, but that's very much not the same thing.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:13

we could still be playing in elm park and have the same players on the pitch because they all cost F all we could have had the chairman of brightons newsagents in charge cause the players cost us f all. Madjeski money has gone on the stadium and that is it and we would have survived without it to say we would'nt have readingfc without madjeski is just ridiculas

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 31 Aug 2008 14:13

Royal With Cheese
Sarah Star So it's not the money you hold against him, it's the fact that he sticks his neck out to support the team in front of everyone on the pitch and complains about inflated wage packets that most people gripe about and that are some of the highest in the Championship anyway?

WHAT?

You really think he's just out there to whip the crowd up into a frenzy?

Wow.

And you think he's out there doing what exactly?

If it does feed his ego then he's already earnt that right previously, and as he does it most matches, I think it would look odd now if he didn't come out - despite his comments in the media.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 31 Aug 2008 14:14

Face it - you cannot justifiably boo Madejski.

Maybe so, but I can understand why some people would have done so.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:16

WoodleyRoyal no not barking mad its no coincedence we never annonce our pre tax profits cause if we did we would be going mental

We did you fool. Do your homework, I know its the summer holidays still, before you spout more rubbish. First season in the PL we made a 5 million + operating profit. You have done nothing but embarrass yourself today and prove you are clearly know basically nothing about anything.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:17

the football club is his toy like abromovic just without putting the money in look at all the z list celebratity's he would bring to the stadium where are they this season??

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:19

voice of reason

We did you fool. Do your homework, I know its the summer holidays still, before you spout more rubbish. First season in the PL we made a 5 million + operating profit. You have done nothing but embarrass yourself today and prove you are clearly know basically nothing about anything.

Really prove it or was it just what madjeski said cause i never saw us realeasing our finantial details ever

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:21

papereyes
Face it - you cannot justifiably boo Madejski.

Maybe so, but I can understand why some people would have done so.

Me too, because they have no real understanding of football or running a business, are easily influenced by idiots on here and fail to accept any of the arguments or valid points presented to them . . right?

One thing I will admit is that his pitch side appearances aren't really helping anything only fuelling peoples anger. However I still don't see that as any reason to boo the man or let it tarnish his many great achievements he has led this club to. If I had 330 million I would probably have the occasional slightly mental moment.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 31 Aug 2008 14:23

One thing I will admit is that his pitch side appearances aren't really helping anything only fuelling peoples anger.

was perhaps the only part of your post worth typing.
HTH

Rightly or wrongly, there is a significant chunk of the fans who are not all that happy with the last 12-15 months of this club. They will blame 101 things but when one of the main three 'issues' does something to put himself in the firing line, it is only natural that he will get shot at.

I thought that was obvious and was all that needed saying.
Last edited by papereyes on 31 Aug 2008 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 14:25

voice of reason Again you are basing your criticisms on ASSUMPTIONS. Regardless of whether he has an over inflated ego or not, in reference to your original point, you are suggesting that because he has an ego, and likes to be applauded in the stadium he paid for by the fans he encouraged to start supporting the club he deserves to be booed for that? God I would hate to see what you would do if someone really did something bad to you!!

That's your opinion and you're perfectly entitled to it. Just for the record JM never encouraged me to support the club. I was here way before him and, in all probability, will be cheering on the team long after he's dissappeared with his knighthood and all the money he's told everyone he's put into RFC.

BTW: I'm happy to conceed JM ambled, walked, stumbled, paced, sprinted, bounced or any other way you would like to describe it. I didn't realise that word would cause you so much offence. As already documented I wasn't at the game yesterday but am really basing my comments on BBCRB coverage.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:26

papereyes
One thing I will admit is that his pitch side appearances aren't really helping anything only fuelling peoples anger.

was perhaps the only part of your post worth typing.
HTH

I could say the same about your original post without quoting anything . .

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 14:26

voice of reason

TBF: I think Woodley is talking about last season. It's the pre-tax bit that's the giveaway.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:28

Royal With Cheese
voice of reason

TBF: I think Woodley is talking about last season. It's the pre-tax bit that's the giveaway.

thank you cheese and im still awaiting your homework sense calling me a fool and still no proof i'm waiting

330 posts