700 sold for cardiff... that is embarrassing....!

150 posts
The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: 700 sold for cardiff... that is embarrassing....!

by The Cap » 23 Nov 2008 12:24

Sarah Star said Still haven't booked a ticket. It's probably a bit late now. I was more worried about sitting by myself, but the thought of being on the recieving end of a few bricks doesn't exactly appeal. Does that really happen?

I had to smile when I read this comment 'cos Carduff was the first game that I took me other 'arf to before we went up to the Prem.Finchy was there giving his rendition of 'Show us the way to Aston Villa etc.' 'Appee days! :lol:

Talking of Finchy has anybody seen him recently. I remember he used to be a permanent fixture at the Reading games.

As for bricks...the only ones I saw were trying to hold the mining cottages up :lol:

I think it's like any away game there are always teams that have a reputation :roll:

Just go about your business and you'll be fine :wink:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Nov 2008 12:50

loyalroyal4life
FiNeRaIn We have a poor away following, what else is new?

Its about time people accepted this rather than coming up with excuses like " it was a midweek game, travel was tough,etc".
They might be logical responses to the average human being, but die hard supporters go everywhere, we have far less of them than everyone else...hence we have a crap away following, one of the worst in the division.

Im not complaining or taking an opportunity to moan, its just the way it is and its backed up by fact if you look at the numbers.

+1, the atmosphere at the mad stad yesterday summed that up!

Not really. Crap atmosphere was a product of a crap display with nothing to get excited about. It's not as if other grounds all have an amazing atmosphere even when they are playing badly.

We do probably have less hardcore fans than many other clubs, but saying we have less than anyone else is just nuts. The fact we are probably the biggest small club in the country, and it's going to take years to build up the sort of traditional fanbase that clubs who've spent most of their history in the top 2 divisions have. Moaning that our fans aren't yet like Sheffield United's is like a whining kid on a car journey asking "are we nearly there yet?" every 5 minutes. It's a long journey. It might take another decade for things to change.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 23 Nov 2008 22:04

Skin
Muskrat
Skin LOL @ 'reputation'. FFS.

That was 20 years ago.

Go on then, go the game wearing reading colours, or an England flag with Reading written on it and tell us all after the game about a pleasant night out at Ninian Park...

Why would I want to go looking like a c unt?

There's nothing that I can add that's going to make that post funnier than it already is...

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 24 Nov 2008 13:07

Suprised its as many as 700 tbf

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 24 Nov 2008 19:01

AF1 Suprised its as many as 700 tbf

exactly, although ill be going, i wont be going to many more midweek aways games. Its cold, its a reasonably long drive, and you get home late. It wont bother me to much about getting home in the early hours because i blagged the day off work, but for the majority, its understandable. 700 there in the flesh, many more there in spirit.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 24 Nov 2008 19:39

The 17 Bus
lowerwestjnr Wish i could :( School finishes at 3:30 and no chance of getting out early :(

Don't go in then, don't tell dad i said that. :wink:

That was a first thought ;) but there are no trains back that night? And a 15 year old kid wouldn't stand a chance in cardiff lol

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 24 Nov 2008 20:49

Hoping that I can get a ticket on the night so I can go.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 25 Nov 2008 01:38

Its about time people accepted this rather than coming up with excuses like " it was a midweek game, travel was tough,etc".
They might be logical responses to the average human being, but die hard supporters go everywhere, we have far less of them than everyone else...hence we have a crap away following, one of the worst in the division.

Im not complaining or taking an opportunity to moan, its just the way it is and its backed up by fact if you look at the numbers.

Then what are you doing?

66DD

by 66DD » 25 Nov 2008 10:31

Why does it matter how many fans travel to away games? Moaning about it on HNA is not going to change anyone's mind about going.

Magicman

by Magicman » 25 Nov 2008 10:44

Decided to get a ticket in the home end as I thought this might safer, although I am having second thoughts now, hopefully the lads I am going with who are neutrals will look after me, but somehow i doubt it.

Anyway life is all about facing new challenges

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 25 Nov 2008 12:20

I'm off to Cardiff in 10 mins

WE'RE GOING HOME IN A BODY BAG

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Nov 2008 12:56

will there be tickets available there?

i may still make it

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Nov 2008 12:59

AbovetheI

Then what are you doing?

stating facts.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Nov 2008 13:05

Not really. Crap atmosphere was a product of a crap display with nothing to get excited about. It's not as if other grounds all have an amazing atmosphere even when they are playing badly.

We do probably have less hardcore fans than many other clubs, but saying we have less than anyone else is just nuts. The fact we are probably the biggest small club in the country, and it's going to take years to build up the sort of traditional fanbase that clubs who've spent most of their history in the top 2 divisions have. Moaning that our fans aren't yet like Sheffield United's is like a whining kid on a car journey asking "are we nearly there yet?" every 5 minutes. It's a long journey. It might take another decade for things to change.

So what if the team is playing badly, its about BACKING THE BOYS AND MAKING SOME NOISE. I dont think alot of fans understand what a difference it can make to the way a team plays when they continually spur them on. We have had some quite outstanding atmospheres in the past that really have made a difference.

Yes we are no Sheff Utd but we should at least be trying to make in roads into emulating their fanbase.

Stoke for instance if they stay up it will be down to the atmosphere at the Britannia, i have watched a a few of their games this season (mostly on TV apart from the carling cup game against us) and they look pretty poor tbh.

I know Saints were winning but their fans made it clear how it should be SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR THE LADS.

Final point is the little atmosphere that exists at the mad stad is being killed by..... THE STEWARDS and their stupid rules that they try and implement.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Nov 2008 13:08

Magicman Decided to get a ticket in the home end as I thought this might safer, although I am having second thoughts now, hopefully the lads I am going with who are neutrals will look after me, but somehow i doubt it.

why is everyone acting like going to Cardiff away is like going to Riker Island.... It isnt that bad plus as usual there will be a big police presence.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 25 Nov 2008 13:11

Whenever i've been it's been ok, was a bit intimidating on St George's day when we lost 2-0, thankfully our shambolic team put the home fans in a better mood. Went there for the 5-2 no problems, in fact Terrace + tin roof is easily good enough.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 25 Nov 2008 13:12

i was there on St georges day and it weren't too bad tbh. We played shit though.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Nov 2008 13:13

1. Ninian Park is not a very good stadium for away fans
2. It's a Tuesday night
3. Plastics don't go to away games
4. It's in Wales
5. We'll get beaten up by some nasty Welsh person
6. Some Welsh fans will poke fun at us during the game
7. Reading's away from is still not convincing
8. We were thoroughly embarrassing in our last game
9. Did I mention that its in Wales?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 25 Nov 2008 13:31

Barry the bird boggler 1. Ninian Park is not a very good stadium for away fans
2. It's a Tuesday night
3. Plastics don't go to away games
4. It's in Wales
5. We'll get beaten up by some nasty Welsh person
6. Some Welsh fans will poke fun at us during the game
7. Reading's away from is still not convincing
8. We were thoroughly embarrassing in our last game
9. Did I mention that its in Wales?

1 - Yes it is...

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 25 Nov 2008 14:01

Magicman Decided to get a ticket in the home end as I thought this might safer, although I am having second thoughts now, hopefully the lads I am going with who are neutrals will look after me, but somehow i doubt it.

Apologies in advance about sounding like a cock, but in my opinion you might as well be watching the game on a live stream.

Sitting in the home end without being forced to isn't really offering your team support.

Fair play to you for going, and you're getting to watch the game, but I've never really liked the idea of the above.
Last edited by Thomas L'Heureux on 25 Nov 2008 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

150 posts