Just seen the Kebe red card...

164 posts
Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Just seen the Kebe red card...

by Avon Royal » 07 Dec 2008 11:28

...and it's a joke.

Most games would finish 5 a side if that approach was followed.

mg1976royal

Re: Just seen the Kebe red card...

by mg1976royal » 07 Dec 2008 11:48

mg1976royal Just seen all the highlights on the Championship all 2 off them. :roll:

Even with the use of sky+ to watch the Kebe sending off a few times I couldn't see much in the incident. If this was the only camera to have recorded the sending off I can't see there being an appeal by the club.

Good effort by Doyle to chase down and win the ball in the corner and cool finish from the iceman.

Just put above on the back from the game thread.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 07 Dec 2008 11:48

Where did you see it, out of interest? The footage on The Championship missed the actual 'push' or whatever occurred, you just see the Barnsley defender reeling away.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 07 Dec 2008 11:53

he did nothing

he flicked him at the most and has been red carded for it.

ridiclous in my view

hopefully we will appeal.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 07 Dec 2008 12:00

cmonurz Where did you see it, out of interest? The footage on The Championship missed the actual 'push' or whatever occurred, you just see the Barnsley defender reeling away.

You just catch Kebe's reaction in the top right hand corner but not what caused him to react. It looks more like he swings his arms but more of push than a punch. What you cannot make out is whether he actual makes any contact with the player.

Like I said I do not think there was much in it but I doubt that the card will be appealed.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 07 Dec 2008 12:25

From the OS

Boss' verdict on Kebe dismissal
Posted on: Sat 06 Dec 2008

Jimmy Kebe is set to miss three games after being sent off at Barnsley - but Steve Coppell was unhappy with the card.

The winger was dismissed on 36 minutes by referee Clive Oliver for an incident with Dennis Souza. Violent conduct brings a three-match ban, and Kebe would miss home games with Blackpool and Norwich, then the trip away to promotion rivals Birmingham.

Reading had a throw well up the pitch on the right, and the Malian was jostling for position with Dennis Souza inside the box. Both players seemed to be nudging each other, and the referee blew to come over and calm things down.

As he whistled, Kebe seemed to shove his opponent, in full view of the linesman on the near side and although it was not a particularly vicious action and Souza easily stayed on his feet, once hands were raised there only seemed to be one outcome and the red card came out.

"I'm the first one to say if you raise your hands, you deserve to go. But I saw it live." Royals boss Steve Coppell explained after the game, which we won 1-0

"There was a little kerfuffle, their centre-back tried to claim ground, and Jimmy pushed him back.

"It was a flat-handed push, but the crowd went wild. The centre-back didn't react at all, but there was a bit off a hoo-ha.

"The linesman got in there as soon as he could - it was his 15 minutes I suppose!

"He was sent off for violent conduct, and it certainly wasn't that

"I've seen the video and it's not clear, and the ref didn't see it - he went on the linesman's word. So I don't know if we'll be able to ask them to look at it again.

"But it spoiled the match as a spectacle and it was unfair."

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 07 Dec 2008 12:28

I damn well hope that the card is appealed by the club. Absolutely pathetic tbh.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 07 Dec 2008 12:29

Avon Royal ...and it's a joke.

Most games would finish 5 a side if that approach was followed.

Totally agree with that, i hope they apeal but i don't think they will they didn't apeal against bikeys.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 07 Dec 2008 12:57

If that's classed as violent conduct then god help us. If rugby implied the same level for violent conduct the game would end up 5 a side!

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 07 Dec 2008 13:02

From where I was sat it looked like the ref clearly indicated that an elbow had been used when the Reading players were hassling him. For what its worth I think it did us the world of good. Certainly upped the intensity of the performance and the ref may well have thought he'd made a mistake as he seemed to give us every marginal decision in the second half. After the Hume incident I'm not surprised that a ref didn't want to not send a player off aghainst Barnsley if he thought an elbow had been used. However its not like the Barnsley player was poleaxed, don't think he even moved let alone fell over.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 07 Dec 2008 13:09

At this rate, players better think twice before they fart on pitch. Ridiculous red card. And the championship (program) is dump too.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 07 Dec 2008 13:35

Definitely isn't a red card.
If its appealed, it should be rescinded.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2008 13:38

Not nearly as bad as the Bikey red. Anyway, this gives Henry a chance to show us what he can do (which, any one who has seen him for the reserves will know, is a lot).

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 07 Dec 2008 13:40

From where I was sitting it looked like Kebe was just trying to get away from the defender by pushing him, probably because he was being held.

I can't see how the lino can give it, he should have been watching the throw.

Ridiculous decision, but not the first. I'm beginning to think the Cube has a point about the conspiracy against us.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Dec 2008 13:45

SCIAG Not nearly as bad as the Bikey red. Anyway, this gives Henry a chance to show us what he can do (which, any one who has seen him for the reserves will know, is a lot).

ive seen him for the reserves a few times, and he has never done much to blow me away, seems to have problems with decision making,& tries too hard to change the game on his own sometimes.but he is a quality finisher, and works pretty hard.
so he deserves a go, if he fails then we should think about what to do next, but till then the shirt should be his

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 07 Dec 2008 13:52

I notice the Refs are only sending Readings BLACK players off....

Draw your own conclusions

Edit - a dig at the refs BTW
Last edited by PlasticRoyale on 07 Dec 2008 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2008 13:55

PlasticRoyale I notice the Refs are only sending Readings BLACK players off....

Draw your own conclusions

All blacks are violent sociopaths? :wink:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 07 Dec 2008 13:56

rg6royal I damn well hope that the card is appealed by the club. Absolutely pathetic tbh.

I thought you couldn't appeal these unless there is clear evidence that the ref got it wrong.

If the footage is unclear, then we cannot really appeal it.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 07 Dec 2008 15:09

PieEater I can't see how the lino can give it, he should have been watching the throw.

Don't be silly. If he was watching the throw he'd have picked up on all the foul throws where the thrower was standing on the pitch. Have lino's given up on this rule?

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 07 Dec 2008 15:33

They won't appeal. If they do Kebe will just get an extra game added to it for wasting their time. It is ridiculous, but there we go. We are going to have to be extra careful in all games as Refs DO have it in for Reading. Any dubious decision will go against us. And yes, the lino should have been watching the throw in. If he had he'd have noticed that it was a foul throw. Foot clearly across the line. The touchline belongs to the pitch, so even if you are just touching it, you are on the pitch... which of course you can't be for a throw in.

164 posts