Coppell aims for new signings

155 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Coppell aims for new signings

by Hoop Blah » 30 Dec 2008 14:37

WoodleyRoyal ball winning midfielder got to be ben watson love to see him at the club probably quite chaep too

He's more in the Harper mould than a proper ball winner.

Good little player who I'd like to see at the club, but not if he's here to be our midfield enforcer!

Another Champioship midfielder who has looked the part over the last couple of seasons, and fits the powerful up and down Sidwell mould, is Marvin Elliot at Bristol City. He looks the sort that could make the step up to the Premiership if necessary too.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Dec 2008 14:52

Palace fans compare Watson to Sidwell and Reo-Coker, not Harper. However, Karacan is younger than Watson and almost as good, so there's no point spending money on a player who'll be sixth choice within a year.

Ferre Bodde could be a good investment, probably better suited to the top flight than Cisse.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Dec 2008 14:59

SCIAG Palace fans compare Watson to Sidwell and Reo-Coker, not Harper. However, Karacan is younger than Watson and almost as good, so there's no point spending money on a player who'll be sixth choice within a year.

Ferre Bodde could be a good investment, probably better suited to the top flight than Cisse.

Bodde is out for the rest of the season isnt he?

Watson might look like Sidwell but he doesn't play like him. I've spoken to Palace fans and most of them say he can get up and down the park but he's a little lightweight and too often likes to sit and just pass the ball.

To be thats a description of Harper not Sidwell.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Dec 2008 15:02

I'd like us to take advantage if the loan system tbh.

Ched Evans or Jay Simpson on loan and Routledge in for £300k would do nicely.

Still want us to bring in Joey Mattock but doubt that will happen.......

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Dec 2008 15:09

Chopra has been recalled by Sunderland, but with little chance of playing. Could be that Sunderlancd are eyeing up the chance to cash in, and who knows, it could be RFC to take him.

We have to be serious in the 'guesses' about players that could be brought in. The two most popular suggestions :

Fryatt has just signed a new contract so would be EXTREMELY expensive.
Nugent may be affordable, but his confidence level may be an issue.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 30 Dec 2008 15:17

Franchise FC Chopra has been recalled by Sunderland, but with little chance of playing. Could be that Sunderlancd are eyeing up the chance to cash in, and who knows, it could be RFC to take him.

We have to be serious in the 'guesses' about players that could be brought in. The two most popular suggestions :

Plus every time he's linked with a c'ship club he says he doesn't want to drop down a division.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 30 Dec 2008 15:32

we are crying out for another forward. i think it is blatently obvious that Lita will be sold in the transfer window, probably to someone like Charlton. A winger as cover as well, henry i think is a little bit too inexperienced for a championship run in. I don't think we need a centre back.

i don't want to even try and specualte on signings because our scouts watch so many games, I have no idea who they could try and bring in, and very much doubt it will be someone for over 1.5m

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Dec 2008 15:40

Bill Oddie's Beard
Franchise FC Chopra has been recalled by Sunderland, but with little chance of playing. Could be that Sunderlancd are eyeing up the chance to cash in, and who knows, it could be RFC to take him.

Plus every time he's linked with a c'ship club he says he doesn't want to drop down a division.

I'm sure he'd cope for 6 months followed by a higher probability of first team football. :wink:

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 30 Dec 2008 17:57

Focher its Fryatt all the way for me.

i predict a fryatt

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 30 Dec 2008 18:08

winchester_royal I'd like us to take advantage if the loan system tbh.

Simpson's a good shout. I think Evans is unlikely.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Dec 2008 18:12

Hoop Blah
SCIAG Palace fans compare Watson to Sidwell and Reo-Coker, not Harper. However, Karacan is younger than Watson and almost as good, so there's no point spending money on a player who'll be sixth choice within a year.

Bodde is out for the rest of the season isnt he?

Watson might look like Sidwell but he doesn't play like him. I've spoken to Palace fans and most of them say he can get up and down the park but he's a little lightweight and too often likes to sit and just pass the ball.

To be thats a description of Harper not Sidwell.

Those I have spoken to said that he'd be all over the place (which describes both), but isn't afraid to put in a tackle and has got a lot stronger in the past two years. One specifically compared him to Reo-Coker and Sidwell.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 30 Dec 2008 20:34

I was impressed by Bothroyd in the first half, but he faded a bit. Good skill on the deck for such a biggun.

I reckon Kevin Nugent is a good shout. I really, really liked him at PNE. Someone stated earlier in this thread that he does not score goals, but that is purely because Pompey do not play him. He may regard a drop to the Championship as a temporary blip. Nugent and the Doyler up top would be the best partnership in the division.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Dec 2008 20:43

What I would like to see is Copp try Kebe on the left with Henry on the right in the FA Cup. If Kebe does the biz, then get a new right winger. If not, get a new left winger! Plus, agree with Nugent up front. However, I for one will not hold my breath.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 30 Dec 2008 22:50

Nick Bailey?

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 30 Dec 2008 23:03

No doubt Mr Coppell's scouts are busy frequenting matches being played by Cork City in Ireland to pull out the next bargain.........be it a striker or left or right midfielder.

One Richie Bowman

by One Richie Bowman » 30 Dec 2008 23:17

Rob Hulse - wanted him when he moved from Sheffield to Derby for £1.5 million. Always a handful when we played against him and good target man, gets his share of goals and works hard. Great addition at this level and could still cut it in the prem. We dont have a forward like this now Kits has gone. Would like to see us buy a couple of players now to give a promotion push and then add another two or three in the summer otherwise no chance of staying up. The team is weaker then when we went up so need to add now and in the summer to avoid too many new players coming in and trying to gel quicly.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 30 Dec 2008 23:54

Ark Royal I reckon Kevin Nugent is a good shout. I really, really liked him at PNE.

Year of the Royals video It's Nugent, and Kevin Nugent puts Plymouth Argyle in front....

:wink:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Dec 2008 08:55

Arch
winchester_royal I'd like us to take advantage if the loan system tbh.

Simpson's a good shout. I think Evans is unlikely.

It probably depends how much they spend and who they get in during the window.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Dec 2008 08:59

Ark Royal I was impressed by Bothroyd in the first half, but he faded a bit. Good skill on the deck for such a biggun.

I reckon Kevin Nugent is a good shout. I really, really liked him at PNE. Someone stated earlier in this thread that he does not score goals, but that is purely because Pompey do not play him. He may regard a drop to the Championship as a temporary blip. Nugent and the Doyler up top would be the best partnership in the division.

I think Nugent would be an excellent signing for us but he's not really what we need as he's too similar to Doyle.

What we really need is something a bit different, somebody with a bit of presence and the ability to win and hold up the ball like Kitson used to. Nugent isn't really that type of player, although I don't doubt he'd be a real threat in this division and in the Premiership given the enough of a chance in the right kind of team.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 31 Dec 2008 09:25

robb the royal we should bring in Bradley Wright-Phillips, quality player... and Southampton need the cash!
if he's looking for a striker... robbie fowlers a free agent again!
I would be more than pleased with both of them!

he's a oxf*rd thief

155 posts