Murty out on loan......

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Murty out on loan......

by Focher » 06 Jan 2009 14:05

Thomas L'Heureux
You said that there would be no better performance from a right back ever, during your lifetime... well, how old are you may I ask?

Murty was solid and dependable during our promotion season, but never spectacular. I think a lot of his success that season was down to Glen Little more than anything else, as the two of them formed a solid partnership on the right flank, in which Little was obviously the memorable factor.

For what it's worth, Shorey was better than Murty in that season, so why do you feel that a right back could not reach or exceed Murty's level of performance from here on? This is Liam's first full season here remember.

im 34 and supported Reading since 85 if thats ok with you. i wish id never posted a serious comment on this board because you always get some kind of spasticated reply :wink: Nothing personal mind.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 06 Jan 2009 14:13

Im assuming he wont be extending this loan when the month is up?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jan 2009 14:16

Murts was a solid player for us in the prem. Got caught out by the likes of Ronaldo who were just too good for him, but other than that he did well enough.

Pleased for him to be getting a move to get games. Good luck to him at Charlton, his brand of work ethic, determination and organisation could do them the world of good if he can get match fit for them.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 06 Jan 2009 14:26

Good for us, but if I was a Charlton fan i'd be livid. Clearly this looks like Parky doing us a favour by allowing Murty a few games for them to get him match fit. In their position they need players match fit and ready.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 06 Jan 2009 14:43

Good for us to get Murts back to full match fitness and a few games under his belt!

can udnerstand why there cross they need fit players in the relegation dog fight there in and dint think Murty,s fitness will help them as he will get outpaced easily!

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 06 Jan 2009 14:47

Focher
Thomas L'Heureux
You said that there would be no better performance from a right back ever, during your lifetime... well, how old are you may I ask?

Murty was solid and dependable during our promotion season, but never spectacular. I think a lot of his success that season was down to Glen Little more than anything else, as the two of them formed a solid partnership on the right flank, in which Little was obviously the memorable factor.

For what it's worth, Shorey was better than Murty in that season, so why do you feel that a right back could not reach or exceed Murty's level of performance from here on? This is Liam's first full season here remember.

im 34 and supported Reading since 85 if thats ok with you. i wish id never posted a serious comment on this board because you always get some kind of spasticated reply :wink: Nothing personal mind.

It was never meant in a supposedly spasticated way for which I apologise. It was a serious comment because there's a good thirty years worth of right backs to go before you can say that Murty was the best of them.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 06 Jan 2009 14:50

Thomas L'Heureux
Focher
Thomas L'Heureux

It was never meant in a supposedly spasticated way for which I apologise. It was a serious comment because there's a good thirty years worth of right backs to go before you can say that Murty was the best of them.

yep granted, i just have this pessemistic view that the club will end up languishing in the lower divisions for years to come when Coppell and Madejski leave :x

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 06 Jan 2009 14:51

if it finally gets him off BBCRB then i'm all for it

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 06 Jan 2009 16:21

I think if he can get up to speed (which, lets face it isn't that high a speed) then Charlton will be lucky to have him.

I think the Charlton fans especially overlook how well he works as part of the 'right side' in general, releasing and overlapping with the right midfielder/winger and holding the ball up to help them get forward again - used to work wonders with Little for creating chances and IIRC many Little crosses came about because Murty gave Little the time, space and position to make them

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 06 Jan 2009 18:47

Murty legend. Best right back in this division still. FACT.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Jan 2009 18:55

moo Murty legend. Best right back in this division still. FACT.

That is not true. FACT.

chandog

by chandog » 06 Jan 2009 19:07

Archie's penalty

That is not true. FACT.

Agreed. Fact

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 06 Jan 2009 19:17

LOLOLOL

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 06 Jan 2009 19:18

Bunch of mugs you lot. wait and see.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Jan 2009 19:20

Woodcote Royal Whatever Charlton fans may think now, they will soon come to realise that, good or bad, Murts will always give 110%.

You are right and, to be fair, a lot of them are already stating that. With Parky and Murts together, God help any member of the Charlton squad who doesn't show the same level of commitment!!

bootboy

by bootboy » 06 Jan 2009 20:16

Good move for all concerned this. Feathering his nest perhaps if we go up??? We need Murts fit so he can be a challenge to Rosie thus enabling young Kelly to go out on a much needed loan for experience.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Jan 2009 21:53

Murty in 05/06 was probably our best right back to date. Team of the Millenium, and that was his best season IMO (helped that every other player was amazing and he had such a great right winger ahead of him).

No reason why Rosie or a future player can't pass him ofc.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 06 Jan 2009 23:13

East Stand Royal 500
Scrappy
Parky should be there at the end of the month as he's there on a permanent basis now.

How permanent is permanent in football management?

Not long if a player can sign a five-year contract and put in a transfer request after a few months....

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 07 Jan 2009 15:11

Scrappy To be honest this for me whilst slightly predicted is a bit down hearting as I feel he has been one of the most loyal players I have seen play for the club who is always willing to work hard for the cause. However, he has aged and he is injury prone, something we just can't work with now and with Rosenior playing as he has done recently, there's no room in the squad for him. This is now a new promotion pushing team with most of the key players from the last campaign gone. Wouldn't be suprised if Hahnemann went soon enough aswell.

Pretty much my feelings too. Was expecting Hahnemann to leave at the end of the season anyway.

I am surprised that both parties have agreed though. Didnt think Murty was the kind of player to go out on loan and thought he was too important, being club captain, for the club to loan out. I don't think the minimal amount of reserve games recently have helped his match fitness, but he's clearly more desperate for 1st team football than first thought. Wouldnt surprise me if he's had a chat with Parky off the record, im sure he's probably kept in touch with him. Does confirm what we probably all knew though, that this is his last season at the club, he wont want to stay as a squad player.

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 08 Jan 2009 23:02

Who thinks he'll come back?

If Parky establishes himself there as I fully expect him to. Murty will slot nicely into the assistant role.