The calibre of player coming in

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The calibre of player coming in

by BR2 » 28 Aug 2009 15:47

(.)Boobies(.)
BR2 Ian and Deathy are you really that dumb?
To say Watford were interested but don't have the money means that they couldn't pursue any interest.
Likewise much as we would like to buy Torres we don't have a spare £100 million-get it?

As a neutral to this otherwise useless arguement, it is you, BR2, that looks a bit stupid. They are pointing out the obvious and you are still bickering. And you make a point of saying "I can understand why a lot of posters have left the board in recent times when we have to try and debate with the likes of..."

Perhaps you shouldn't post.

I give in due to the overwhelming case for the offence,or in Spacey's case offensive.
Lovely to know that I have done a Cilla Black and brought two of our posters together.
When's the gay wedding Spacey?
I think you are right Boobies in that I shouldn't post especially as there is a new BR on the block.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Aug 2009 15:53

Thaumagurist* Good post, Mr A. Take note, BR2.

I don't think it is exclusively aimed at me Spacey but I am considering my position regarding posting or rather that's it from me folks my input here will now be nil-good luck to you all,friends and foes alike,it's been fun some of the time but all good things have to come to an end.
Adieu.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 28 Aug 2009 16:04

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 03:53, edited 1 time in total.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 28 Aug 2009 16:15

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 03:53, edited 1 time in total.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 28 Aug 2009 16:22

Mr Angry We use young players "no experience!!" whine the keyboard warriors.

We bring in experienced players "they are too old!" whine the keyboard warriors.

We bring in players for £300K "They must be rubbish at that price!" whine the keyboard warriors.

When we sign David james, Rio Ferdinand and Lionel Messi for a combined fee of 89 pence, what on Earth will the keyboard warriors have to whine about then I wonder?

Its SOOOOOO easy to bitch and moan and snipe and be sarcastic about what the club are doing/trying to do, but I wonder if certain posters ever think - even for a moment - about actually SUPPORTING the club? Its pretty easy banging your rumble-stix when we are getting 106 points, or finishing just shy of a UEFA spot (and if my memory serves me right, similar voices to those being heard now were still moaning then!!) but the mark of a true supporter is someone who supports their team when the going gets toughest and when things aren't going well.

Pathetic and embarrassing. No wonder fans of other clubs laugh at our fans - not a surprise when they start whining like a stuck up school girl the moment things don't go the way they want them too.

That's an extremely complacent post. What we need is 11 or more premiership quality players, at their peak of their careers, captured at bargain prices. And we should expect the club to be quick about it, as well. Otherwise we might as well boo or boycott. <w*anker> HAMMOND OUT! </w*nker>

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Aug 2009 18:48

BR2

I don't think it is exclusively aimed at me Spacey but I am considering my position regarding posting or rather that's it from me folks my input here will now be nil-good luck to you all,friends and foes alike,it's been fun some of the time but all good things have to come to an end.
Adieu.

We'll have to make do with Victor from now on? Or will Bournemouth Royal make a return?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 28 Aug 2009 19:14

In his ROFLcopter.

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 28 Aug 2009 19:43

Deathy
Aeroguide
Deathy You have to be happy.

Bertrand - Highly rated Chelsea left back, seen as the future replacement for Ashley Cole.
Mills - Again, very highly rated, but a shakey start. Goes for the team as a whole though. Confidence will come.
McAnuff - Quality winger on his day. Guilty of not having enough of those days, but under Rodgers he flourished last season.
Rasiak - 6'3" and has as good as goalscoring record as Doyle - as pointed out earlier somewhere. Cracking record at this level.

How can you not be pleased with those four signings so far?

Fcuk off Newbie........

Deathy

Since 2002. I'm due my annual name change actually..

^ We've only got your word for that....nob

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 28 Aug 2009 19:44

Deathy In his ROFLcopter.

Tell me this, why are you such a dick?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 28 Aug 2009 19:50

Aeroguide
Deathy In his ROFLcopter.

Tell me this, why are you such a dick?

WHOOOOOOSH

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Aug 2009 19:55

Arch
BR2

Adieu.

We'll have to make do with Victor from now on? Or will Bournemouth Royal make a return?

No that's it,time to retire.
BR2 only came about when the changes took place on the site a couple of years ago because Bournemouth Royal for some reason wasn't transferable.
Victor only came about because of using the home computer.
It used to be a bit of fun on here but the factions have become entrenched and everything is so serious.
So adieu (and not au revoir) from Victor as well.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Aug 2009 20:18

We bring in experienced players "they are too old!" whine the keyboard warriors.

We bring in players for £300K "They must be rubbish at that price!" whine the keyboard warriors.

When we sign David james, Rio Ferdinand and Lionel Messi for a combined fee of 89 pence, what on Earth will the keyboard warriors have to whine about then I wonder?

Its SOOOOOO easy to bitch and moan and snipe and be sarcastic about what the club are doing/trying to do, but I wonder if certain posters ever think - even for a moment - about actually SUPPORTING the club? Its pretty easy banging your rumble-stix when we are getting 106 points, or finishing just shy of a UEFA spot (and if my memory serves me right, similar voices to those being heard now were still moaning then!!) but the mark of a true supporter is someone who supports their team when the going gets toughest and when things aren't going well.

Pathetic and embarrassing. No wonder fans of other clubs laugh at our fans - not a surprise when they start whining like a stuck up school girl the moment things don't go the way they want them too.

Top post.

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 28 Aug 2009 21:24

When we get James, Ferdinand and Messi for a combined fee of 89 pence, they'll be dead. I suppose we'll be able to whine about that.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 28 Aug 2009 21:39

Aeroguide
Deathy Since 2002. I'm due my annual name change actually..

^ We've only got your word for that....nob

And the rest of the board. :roll:

07RFC

by 07RFC » 28 Aug 2009 21:52

2 world wars, 1 world cup

Top post.

+1, nice to see there are still some appreciative people.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 28 Aug 2009 23:21

07RFC
2 world wars, 1 world cup

Top post.

+1, nice to see there are still some appreciative people.

Yeah, I'll agree with 99% of that too, except (as I''ve send before) I do wish people on here would realise the vast majority of other fans will spend their time having a good moan, whinge, complaint, grumble, whine, gripe about there club.

But you're right - other fans do look on us with contempt.

Still - sod em, eh?

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 29 Aug 2009 00:00

The worst thing is, many of them think we are Spastics.

And that is offensive.

Isn't it?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 29 Aug 2009 00:03

Ian Herring The worst thing is, many of them think we are Spastics.

And that is offensive.

Isn't it?

I prefer to think of us as special.

Paul Cowin

by Paul Cowin » 29 Aug 2009 07:32

I would much rarther see the types of players coming in than us aquiring Premier League "Has Beens".

What a cock-up is was to bring in Les Ferdinand, Martin Keown and Shaun Goater!! :o

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Aug 2009 14:30

Paul Cowin I would much rarther see the types of players coming in than us aquiring Premier League "Has Beens".

What a cock-up is was to bring in Les Ferdinand, Martin Keown and Shaun Goater!! :o

Is that the Goater who was top scorer with 14 goals in his first season? Not a bad return really.