The calibre of player coming in

102 posts
Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

The calibre of player coming in

by Deathy » 27 Aug 2009 21:41

You have to be happy.

Bertrand - Highly rated Chelsea left back, seen as the future replacement for Ashley Cole.
Mills - Again, very highly rated, but a shakey start. Goes for the team as a whole though. Confidence will come.
McAnuff - Quality winger on his day. Guilty of not having enough of those days, but under Rodgers he flourished last season.
Rasiak - 6'3" and has as good as goalscoring record as Doyle - as pointed out earlier somewhere. Cracking record at this level.

How can you not be pleased with those four signings so far?
Last edited by Deathy on 27 Aug 2009 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The calibre of player coming in

by SteveRoyal » 27 Aug 2009 21:42

Deathy You have to be happy.

Bertrand - Highly rated Chelsea left back, seen as the future replacement for Ashley Cole.
Mills - Again, very highly rated, but a shakey start. Goes for the team as a whole though. Confidence will come.
McAnuff - Quality winger on his day. Guilty of not having enough of those days, but under Rodgers he flourished last season.
Rasiak - 6'3" and has as good as goalscoring record as goal - as pointed out earlier somewhere. Cracking record at this level.

+1.
Agreed.
etc.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Aug 2009 21:42

There's no pleasing some people...

07RFC

by 07RFC » 27 Aug 2009 21:44

i think they are decent signings and given time could be very useful, but for most, they are upset the big players haven't been replaced with equals, despite us running out of the parachute payments, and no longer being tipped for promotion.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 27 Aug 2009 21:46

Rasiak - 6'3" and has as good as goalscoring record as goal - as pointed out earlier somewhere. Cracking record at this level.

+1

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 27 Aug 2009 21:48

It's truly staggering that on a day we sign two established name players with bags of Championship and even Premiership experience, the main theme on HNA is still overwhelmingly complaint.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 27 Aug 2009 21:49

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 27 Aug 2009 21:50

I am gutted that after signing two players that should cope easily at this level we have not got any points today.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 21:51

SteveRoyal https://twitter.com/JonnyFordham/status/3586083743

Mifsud?

Interesting that. Mifsud would be a good impact player to have on the bench.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Aug 2009 21:56

Rasiak - 6'3" and has as good as goalscoring record as Doyle - as pointed out earlier somewhere. Cracking record at this level.

So why do you think we will lose 3-0 to the team currently bottom of the division this weekend? :|

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Aug 2009 21:58

Deathy How can you not be pleased with those four signings so far?

I'm sure you'll be telling us yourself in a couple of days. :|

yuomi

by yuomi » 27 Aug 2009 22:00

i think rasiak will be as asset to the front line. for a start, he brings us experience and ariel ability, two things we have been caught short of. if he can take one or all of bignall, mooney and church under his wing then i think the signs are positive. the overwhelmingly good news is that he is a player BR has experience of and knows how best to utilise. i am happy with today, its not a best case scenario by any means but it is progress and it makes me even more excited about my trip to oakwell on saturday.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 27 Aug 2009 22:00

07RFC i think they are decent signings and given time could be very useful, but for most, they are upset the big players haven't been replaced with equals, despite us running out of the parachute payments, and no longer being tipped for promotion.

Which is where you have to laugh really.

McAnuff, again as posted earlier, has scored about the same amount of goals as Hunt in the previous 70 odd games.
Rasiak, again as posted earlier, has scored about the same amount of goals as Doyle in the previous 170 odd games.

That's replacing those going out with equals, and cheaper too. So what is one's 30 and not 26 or so!

PEARCEY So why do you think we will lose 3-0 to the team currently bottom of the division this weekend

Time. We're all finding our feet, even the fans if you like. Give the club another 8 weeks or so and we'll still be a mid-table side with surprise wins and dissapointing defeats, but we wont look like relegation candidates either.

Mifsud?

What does it say?

clauski

by clauski » 27 Aug 2009 22:04

Deathy
PEARCEY So why do you think we will lose 3-0 to the team currently bottom of the division this weekend

Time. We're all finding our feet, even the fans if you like. Give the club another 8 weeks or so and we'll still be a mid-table side with surprise wins and dissapointing defeats, but we wont look like relegation candidates either.

I'm sure some Charlton, Southampton and Norwich fans would have been saying the same thing about their teams this time last year...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Aug 2009 22:06

Platypuss

Exactly what I was just thinking!!!
:lol:

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 27 Aug 2009 22:08

Deathy

Mifsud?

What does it say?

@oiSteve All true- more in getreading tomorrow- plus news on Marek/ Harper/ Mifsud/ Rosenior etc #readingfc

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 27 Aug 2009 22:09

I'm so used to negative vibes on here (including mine lately!) that I feel sure you are taking the p1ss :shock:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 27 Aug 2009 22:10

Royal Lady
Platypuss

Exactly what I was just thinking!!!
:lol:

I knock Long and Kebe regulary, and have become frustrated with Rosenior, but FFS RL, I don't beat down on the team like so may here.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Aug 2009 22:10

But you're ALWAYS changing your mind!!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 27 Aug 2009 22:15

Royal Lady But you're ALWAYS changing your mind!!

Right, and? If someone is shit today, he isn't necessarilly shit tomorrow!

I've been vocal about my frustrations towards Madejski this past 2-3 seasons, and righly so! But you can't fault him this summer. That said, just 3-4 weeks ago I was!! Again, rightly so. But we can see why we've sold who we've sold, and you can't knock the lads we're bringing in.

It's the people that hold an opinion and aren't prepared to admit they're wrong, or be prepared to see when something changes that are the problem RL. Madejski has deserved his critics this past few seasons, but for getting the ship back in order and still allowing Rodgers to strengthen where he has, and at the cost he has, he deserves credit imo.

102 posts