Second-half problems

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Second-half problems

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2009 12:57

papereyes
Ian Royal Because our glorious leader decided to bin half the fitness training for fun ball sessions.

:!:

Really?

My hunch would have been a bunch of young-ish players that don't have the leaders amongst them to keep their heads on straight as fatigue sets in.

Yes really, he said when he came in he wanted to drop lots of the boring physical work and do more with the ball. You're guess is probably a factor as well, as is the fact we're usually behind or having lost our lead not long into the second half

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Oct 2009 16:16

If it's really true that fitness has dropped because of changes in training, then I'm as much disappointed in the players as in Rodgers. Players should be aware of the fitness levels they need and should also be keeping fit outside of training sessions. I remember when Ravanelli was unhappy with the Middlesbrough training regime, and he kept himself up to scratch with his own routines. Stamina work is actually easy to do on your own.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 19 Oct 2009 19:23

facaldaqui If it's really true that fitness has dropped because of changes in training, then I'm as much disappointed in the players as in Rodgers. Players should be aware of the fitness levels they need and should also be keeping fit outside of training sessions. I remember when Ravanelli was unhappy with the Middlesbrough training regime, and he kept himself up to scratch with his own routines. Stamina work is actually easy to do on your own.

Agreed. There is a personal responsibility involved here amongst the playing staff. Just looking at the stats on another thread you would have thought Todgers would realise by now that things tend to go awry in the second-half. He needs to ensure these boys are fit and can run their arses off for 90 minutes. Its the least the supporters should be expecting.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 19 Oct 2009 20:26

Some good relevant posts here.

I am not local any more but I notice a distinct lack of any criticism/questioning by the local press. Why don't the local press/radio ask challenging questions about what is going wrong?

Or are they just not included in the on line versions?

The evening post and chronicle online sites are pretty much the same as what is on the official site - ie just words from manager/players.
Last edited by Mid Sussex Royal on 19 Oct 2009 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 19 Oct 2009 20:26

I have to say that fitness bother me too. Taking Long as an example I thought he really came on at the start of last season and I had high hopes of him BUT this season he DOES look a stone heavier and a yard slower. If I am right there can be no excuse for that from either player or manager.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Oct 2009 21:40

Toady Dellor did ask Br about the players fitness after the WBA game. He got very short shrift. Then again, would Idiot Man tell Posh Boy that the fitness training had been slashed? Of course not. What stands out for me is how lethargic the players look the longer the game goes on.

The best trainer the club had was Harps. Is this another reason why BR got rid of him?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Oct 2009 10:04

could it just be that 2nd half the opposition change things
and we dont

their players are motivated into playing better
our arent

the 2nd half thing playing on our players minds- and the oppositions too