So long Brian,.....

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: So long Brian,.....

by floyd__streete » 28 Dec 2009 22:39

I'M BACKING BRIAN

Joking aside though, Brain Clough would have struggled to keep this side up. We are poor in almost every department throughout the squad which is a particularly risable effort given the strong position we were in just 2 and a half years ago.

McDermott spoke frankly, honestly and - I felt - accurately after the games today with his comments about being outfought. He recognised the lack of heart and dearth of leaders in this team, whether he can do anything to change that remains to be seen. On the evidence of today, it looks unlikely.

I am convinced that we are going down whoever we bring in, because the many for desperately needed defensive and forward-line improvements just won't be available.

Jinx

by Jinx » 28 Dec 2009 22:46

I'm sure he's a nice bloke and a loyal servant to the club etc etc but callers to Radio Berks saying he "deserves" longer..... why?

He has no track record in management - sorry the Reserves and Slough Town don't count.

We need somebody wh knows the job in this division. (Unfortunately we also need a Chairman/Board who are prepared to let them change the squad such that we have a right back, a central midfielder who can tackle and a striker who can score)

See you all in League 1

Jinx

by Jinx » 28 Dec 2009 22:48

PS I forgot to ask for a centre back who can turn faster than a milk float

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 28 Dec 2009 22:49

Jinx PS I forgot to ask for a centre back who can turn faster than a milk float

is the answer "ernie"?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Dec 2009 22:50

As chief scout, I really would expect him to be prepared for other teams more than he has been. Swansea play passing football, even my little sister could tell you that. Great tactic of allowing them to stand off and knock it about as they did for their goal. Plymouth caught our slow backline out time and time again with balls over the top or in behind. How can he allow this to happen???

We may as well have appointed McDermott as manager in the summer and saved ourselves the Rodgers months (& £400k compo to Watford). I understand McDermott has the job full time regardless, he can deny he's not until he's blue in the face but he's the cheap option.

Madejski has always mantained that RFC will be a self sufficient business and I think he's cut the cloth for a club who will be playing in League One next season. It's all geared up that way.

Jinx

by Jinx » 28 Dec 2009 22:51

Yep - I swear I saw Benny Hill run faster than Pearce or Ingi :shock:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Dec 2009 22:56

Jinx Yep - I swear I saw Benny Hill run faster than Pearce or Ingi :shock:

He was on the sidelines :lol:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 28 Dec 2009 22:59

Big Foot
Jinx Yep - I swear I saw Benny Hill run faster than Pearce or Ingi :shock:

He was on the sidelines :lol:

Er, that's Hobnob's very own BB0118.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2009 23:21

Its no good Benny from Crossroads just keeping on repeating that it 'simply cannot happen again', he's got to tell us what he is going to do to make sure it never happens again.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 28 Dec 2009 23:22

RoyalBlue Its no good Benny from Crossroads just keeping on repeating that it 'simply cannot happen again', he's got to tell us what he is going to do to make sure it never happens again.

He doesn't want to put information like that in the public domain.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2009 23:26

Row Z Royal
RoyalBlue Its no good Benny from Crossroads just keeping on repeating that it 'simply cannot happen again', he's got to tell us what he is going to do to make sure it never happens again.

What's wrong with using the radio to tell Tim Dellor that he won't be involved in the preparation?!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 28 Dec 2009 23:28

RoyalBlue
Row Z Royal

What's wrong with using the radio to tell Tim Dellor that he won't be involved in the preparation?!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 23:29

You thought.....that was worse than tuesday?

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 29 Dec 2009 00:01

rg6royal We need to get a proper manager in for the start of the new year. But I'd have Brian as assistant manager.

It's a pity Liverpool is next up, because I'd like to see how he reacts to today's crap performance by so many players. Would heads have rolled? Would lazy players be bannished to the reserves? All along he has the option (I presume) to recall loan players. I'm never sure why Mooney never came back when Noel Hunt was declared out-for-the-season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2009 00:44

Factfinder
rg6royal We need to get a proper manager in for the start of the new year. But I'd have Brian as assistant manager.

It's a pity Liverpool is next up, because I'd like to see how he reacts to today's crap performance by so many players. Would heads have rolled? Would lazy players be bannished to the reserves? All along he has the option (I presume) to recall loan players. I'm never sure why Mooney never came back when Noel Hunt was declared out-for-the-season.

no it's not we need an experienced manager in f*cking pronto otherwise we're down

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 29 Dec 2009 02:52

FiNeRaIn You thought.....that was worse than tuesday?

POTD

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 13 Mar 2010 19:39

Just thought I'd re-open this thread quickly just to say "Are you still feeling the same or is it a big :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ?"

Bring back BR perhaps and give Brendan another few games to see what he can do? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 13 Mar 2010 19:53

Sir Rodney Effing Just thought I'd re-open this thread quickly just to say "Are you still feeling the same or is it a big :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ?"

Bring back BR perhaps and give Brendan another few games to see what he can do? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol it was fair to say it at the time, most of us felt a bit who the oxf*rd is this guy, probably you more than anyone.

When Coppell first came in he didn't get amazing respect.

Plus if you made this thread I doubt you'd wanna re-open it :wink: Brian's proved a lot of people wrong, me included... I'm glad he has too.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Mar 2010 20:02

West Stand Flash Who is going to want to come to a club that is going down, will pay the smallest wages in the Championship and have a amanger who no one has heard of and is obviously the cheap choice?

Send this clown back to being a scout, continue to scout sh*t players (the last 7 he scouted have been a great success) and get some one in who knows what they are f*cking doing.

Anything to add........

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 13 Mar 2010 20:05

URZZ
Sir Rodney Effing Just thought I'd re-open this thread quickly just to say "Are you still feeling the same or is it a big :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ?"

Lol it was fair to say it at the time, most of us felt a bit who the oxf*rd is this guy, probably you more than anyone.

When Coppell first came in he didn't get amazing respect.

Plus if you made this thread I doubt you'd wanna re-open it :wink: Brian's proved a lot of people wrong, me included... I'm glad he has too.

Woah! Hang on a minure, I only re-opened it, I didnt create it my good friend! But then again... I did have some doubts too.... ;) But I will be shaving my barnet off on Monday in respect to the man..