McAnuff
Karacan
Marek/Sig
New Winger

Rasiak
New Striker

Manager: Brendan Rodgers

Hope this helps.

But Brendan wouldn't play that team. McDermott has done pretty much nothing different to Rodgers, which is the problem

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from Plymouth

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Dec 2009 00:48

Royalee Hamer

Bertrand
Mills
Pearce
New Right Back

McAnuff
Karacan
Marek/Sig
New Winger

Rasiak
New Striker

Hope this helps.

will not happen on at least four counts

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:49

Which is why relegation will happen.

Highlights are about to be on on BBC 1 btw if anyone wants to see a car crash.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Dec 2009 00:51

Royalee Which is why relegation will happen.

you got boots Royalee???

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:53

You must be loving Rodgers' dismissal. It means you can spend the rest of eternity shouting that he would have saved us and gloriously led us to Champions League victory within 5 years rather than suffer the ultimate humiliation of watching your new hero lead us into League One as was actually likely to happen.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 29 Dec 2009 00:56

Ian Royal

You must be loving Rodgers' dismissal. It means you can spend the rest of eternity shouting that he would have saved us and gloriously led us to Champions League victory within 5 years rather than suffer the ultimate humiliation of watching your new hero lead us into League One as was actually likely to happen.

And still is likely to happen unless God is a fan or RFC.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:57

SteveRoyal
Ian Royal

And still is likely to happen unless God is a fan or RFC.

Looking that way at the moment, but there's still 22 games left and a transfer window to play with.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2009 01:01

My god, Ivar is horrrendously slow! And so is Pearce. Horrid.

yuomi

by yuomi » 29 Dec 2009 01:04

well, that was as depressing a day by the sea as i would ever hope to spend without the assistance of either the coastguard or rnli and, frankly, any of their number would have been welcome ringers on a team that struggled to pass the downhill sloping starting gate of average. i would call today's (yesterday's, it was a long drive) performance abject but i dont think even that does it credit. the mire that the club now finds itself in is taking hold and its obvious from the looks in the dugout and the attitudes of the players that there is no quick solution to the problems we now find ourselves in.

i dont know that any one party can be blamed. i would like to think that it is not purely SJM's fault as, clearly, we have allot to be thankful to him for throughout his tenure. but this is now a doomed season. even the rosiest of TG wearers must now accept that it will take a minor miracle to avoid, at the very least, a relegation scrap for the remainder of this season if not relegation come may. what little talent there is in this side is becoming less and less obvious as the shiteous cacophony of rubbish that surrounds it drowns out the mere glimpses we are lukcy enough to spy on occasion. it is clear that it will take a sea change to save the club; be it a shift in ownership or a freeing of the purses thereof. right now though, the outlook is as bleak as my feet are freezing.

as for shane long. :roll: there just arent oxf*rd words.
Last edited by yuomi on 29 Dec 2009 01:05, edited 1 time in total.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 01:04

Ian Royal

Yeah, I loved the 7 hour round trip to Plymouth to watch us get outplayed by the second worst team in the division you pathetic twunt.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:08

Royalee
Ian Royal

Yeah, I loved the 7 hour round trip to Plymouth to watch us get outplayed by the second worst team in the division you pathetic twunt.

Somebody needs to take a happy wappy pill.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 29 Dec 2009 03:21

AthleticoSpizz had to lol with an awayday supporter who (on the BBCB phone-in) said..............he was stuck in the PAFC car park............and that had been the highlight of his day

That would be me i think.

Truely pathetic today, worse than QPR considering Rangers were playing good football at the time. Ivar now looks shot, that was the worst performance i've seen by him. The problem with having a caretaker manager is that i don't think he'll be able to properly bollock them for that pathetic, clueless, spineless performance. Plymouth weren't that great, before the goal all i could see was a terrible game building between two teems belonging to a relegation scrap.

The next month doesn't bring much hope with three teams chasing promotion and i really can't see any points coming from them. Will we go down? I think it's down to the chairman to decide.

And it went downhill from there!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2009 07:02

Royalee
Ian Royal [You must be loving Rodgers' dismissal. It means you can spend the rest of eternity shouting that he would have saved us and gloriously led us to Champions League victory within 5 years rather than suffer the ultimate humiliation of watching your new hero lead us into League One as was actually likely to happen.

AKA "nailed"

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 29 Dec 2009 08:10

When Wigan were beaten 9-1, they forfeited their match fees as a gesture of apology to their fans.

Any chance that this shower might do the same thing? I can think of a few charities that could benefit.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 29 Dec 2009 08:13

glass half full I can think of a few charities that could benefit.

RFC transfer fund?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 29 Dec 2009 08:18

Avon Royal
glass half full I can think of a few charities that could benefit.

RFC transfer fund?

Well, the present squad are very charitable, that's for sure.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2009 08:50

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 29 Dec 2009 09:50

glass half full When Wigan were beaten 9-1, they forfeited their match fees as a gesture of apology to their fans.

Any chance that this shower might do the same thing? I can think of a few charities that could benefit.

As bad as it was, I wouldn't accept a refund out of principle.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 29 Dec 2009 10:43

Royalee Hamer

Bertrand
Mills
Pearce
New Right Back

McAnuff
Karacan
Marek/Sig
New Winger

Rasiak
New Striker

Hope this helps.

Rather see Gunnarson in the middle holding back so Sig can attack

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 29 Dec 2009 10:49

rfcjoe My god, Ivar is horrrendously slow! And so is Pearce. Horrid.

I'm now officially in conspiracy mode after witnessing what must be the worst centre back pairing in the division finally collapse under the strain. If Mills isn't carrying a knock - and he doesn't seem to be - then the only reason I can surmise that he isn't playing ahead of poor old past it Ivar and the cumbersome Alex is that we are looking to offload him in January before appearance payments kick in. Add to that the fact that Marek, Kalifa and one or two others seem (quite rightly) to be looking longingly at the exit door that Hammond has gestured them towards, and that Jobi has lost his BR-inspired belief as quickly as he gained it, you can only conclude that we are in serious, serious trouble. I can only assume that the survival strategy is to invest the proceeds of the coming fire sale (yes, we might actually have a scenario that justifies that emotive term at last) in
third-rate scrappers who actually have something to gain by obtaining/maintaining tier two status. Is McDermott the man to effect this mid-season transition? No. I can't think of anyone who is off the top of my head. All I know is that this botched move has tested our patience to destruction. Our small protest is to give up on away matches until there is some indication at the top that they have a clue or a care where we are headed. I'm not holding my breath.